• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unfair Spire

satchmo33

To alla you devs out there: I believe that it is a serious error to deprive those stalwart souls, who laboriously climb the Spire to the highest reaches, of the "dots" rewards they complete if they don't fall within the purple "mercury". This is a sure way to keep folks from trying for the top!!!!!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
To alla you devs out there: I believe that it is a serious error to deprive those stalwart souls, who laboriously climb the Spire to the highest reaches, of the "dots" rewards they complete if they don't fall within the purple "mercury". This is a sure way to keep folks from trying for the top!!!!!
That's more of a complaint then an idea.

The point of the purple bar is to indicate what your group has accomplished collectively, in addition to the things you adhesive by yourself. Are you suggesting that they shouldn't have group rewards?

satchmo33

No, not at all. Please re-read my post. My IDEA is to allow those folks who have completed 'dots' that fall above the purple to be awarded the prizes for those 'dots' completed. The way it is, there's no motivation to climb higher than wherever the purple level stands.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No, not at all. Please re-read my post. My IDEA is to allow those folks who have completed 'dots' that fall above the purple to be awarded the prizes for those 'dots' completed. The way it is, there's no motivation to climb higher than wherever the purple level stands.
I understand your post perfectly. The individual rewards are in the chests. You get every chest you pass. The rewards in the dots are for the group getting that many points. You want to get the group rewards even if the group didn't get enough points to activate the reward.
1592360433126.png

The group only has 251 of the necessary 270 points to activate this reward, but you want to get it anyway, because you personally passed it. Tht is a group reward. if you want it, the group has to get 19 more points.

If the contents of the chests isn't reward enough, then you should stop.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just to point out that the Spire was added to the game at the end of August and the team rewards (purple bar) were not added til mid-December, so before that, the only prizes someone got was from the chests they opened on the way to the top of the Spire, and yet people still completed it every week. I complete the first two floors every week, even though my fellowship never gets the purple bar past the midway point for the 2nd floor, because I want that small chance at a Magic Workshop. And that was true for me before the team rewards were added. The bonus prizes from the purple bar are nice, but they are just a bonus.

Vysanthea

Just to point out that the Spire was added to the game at the end of August and the team rewards (purple bar) were not added til mid-December, so before that, the only prizes someone got was from the chests they opened on the way to the top of the Spire, and yet people still completed it every week. I complete the first two floors every week, even though my fellowship never gets the purple bar past the midway point for the 2nd floor, because I want that small chance at a Magic Workshop. And that was true for me before the team rewards were added. The bonus prizes from the purple bar are nice, but they are just a bonus.
It's interesting that you bring up the Magic Workshop. I think it was 2 weeks ago I actually "got" a magical workshop and residence. They were in my list of bonuses but I didn't actually get them. I thought they would show up under summonings but they didn't. What is supposed to happen?

Evening Star Selene

It's interesting that you bring up the Magic Workshop. I think it was 2 weeks ago I actually "got" a magical workshop and residence. They were in my list of bonuses but I didn't actually get them. I thought they would show up under summonings but they didn't. What is supposed to happen?
Maybe check under your buildings tab and see if maybe there are some that are free for you now? I don't know for sure, I haven't ever won one yet.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

I have gotten a couple of the residences, but not a workshop yet, and each time it has been in my inventory, with the other summonings, but at the end of the list, not the beginning, I think. Remember that the summonings are organized by chapter, not newest to oldest, and buildings that are not event buildings usually go to the back of the list.

Kekune

They were in my list of bonuses but I didn't actually get them.
What do you mean by this? I wonder if you're misinterpreting how chest contents are displayed.

The magic buildings are in a boss chest. They are one prize among several possibilities, and when you open the chest a prize is assigned to you. It's not part of any "list" at the point you win one. You would either have it or not as soon as you open the chest; it doesn't come later with the weekly group prizes (which I assume is the "bonus" you refer to).

Vysanthea

What do you mean by this? I wonder if you're misinterpreting how chest contents are displayed.

The magic buildings are in a boss chest. They are one prize among several possibilities, and when you open the chest a prize is assigned to you. It's not part of any "list" at the point you win one. You would either have it or not as soon as you open the chest; it doesn't come later with the weekly group prizes (which I assume is the "bonus" you refer to).
I actually don't understand what happened. I just know that I thought I was awarded the magical items and they would be in my summonings... it may have been when I opened a chest.... like today when I got the Endless Scroll. It is in my summonings. That didn't happen with the Magic Residence and Workshop when it popped up during that Spire event.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I actually don't understand what happened. I just know that I thought I was awarded the magical items and they would be in my summonings... it may have been when I opened a chest.... like today when I got the Endless Scroll. It is in my summonings. That didn't happen with the Magic Residence and Workshop when it popped up during that Spire event.
It's not impossible, but statistically unlikely that you'd get a Workshop and a Residence in one Spire trip. I'm guessing you hovered over the chest before you won it, and it showed you the list of things you might get if you win the encounter. i.e., for winning htis next fight, I'd get one of these things, not all of them:
1592453135423.png

Vysanthea

It's not impossible, but statistically unlikely that you'd get a Workshop and a Residence in one Spire trip. I'm guessing you hovered over the chest before you won it, and it showed you the list of things you might get if you win the encounter. i.e., for winning htis next fight, I'd get one of these things, not all of them:
View attachment 8026
Like I said it was a couple of weeks ago but the reward was either a workshop or a residence. I thought it said both but maybe I am wrong. For the spire I don't actually pay much attention to what I "may' receive. I do the encounter just to advance. I have learned that you don't always get the highest percentage prize. Like today getting the Endless Scroll. I didn't even realize that was a possible prize from the chest but that is what I won. I probably should have contacted support but I didn't. My loss I guess.

Vysanthea

There is nowhere that you get a Workshop and a Residence in a single prize. something was out of kilter or misinterpretted.
That is true, as I said it was a couple of weeks ago. I was
@Vysanthea it should work exactly the same as with the endless scroll. If you won a magic building in the spire but it's not in your summonings, I think you should contact support.
Maybe I shall. I didn't realize I was opening a can of worms when I made my original post but it is what it is. Happy playing.

Vysanthea

I have gotten a couple of the residences, but not a workshop yet, and each time it has been in my inventory, with the other summonings, but at the end of the list, not the beginning, I think. Remember that the summonings are organized by chapter, not newest to oldest, and buildings that are not event buildings usually go to the back of the list.
I have gotten a couple before (when and why I don't remember) and they were in my summonings. This time that did not happen. I guess I thought that the "prize" was both but now that I think of it, I was excited about getting a residence in particular. I only had 3 at that lvl and a fourth would've been perfect. (I like even numbers.) Who knows what really happened - if I supposedly was awarded both or one, I got neither. For better or worse I apparently got people talking. lol.

Happy playing. :)