• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unfair Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4940

Are there just a bunch of horrible, selfish people who play this game, or am I just missing something? It is a rare thing to find a two-star rated trade. I try to make sure mine are at least two stars. Am I just stupid or what? I am pretty new to this, and I don't understand.

DeletedUser3297

Yes, there are a bunch of horrible, selfish people in this game that think their trades are fair. But I suspect that your issue is seeing trades that are not in your discovered area yet. For any non-discovered trades, the trader adds an additional 50% fee making the trade a 1 star. Every trade in your trader that has a yellow bubble with an exclamation point in it is a trade outside your area. You can hover over those to see what the trade would be if you scout to those players.

If you are not in a fellowship, join one. Once in a fellowship, you will be able to trade with many players and avoid a fee for doing so.

DeletedUser61

If you look in the mirror, you'll probably see the culprit. :rolleyes:

If there's a small (i) next to the posted trade, the system is applying a 50% markup because YOU have not yet discovered the poster's city.

DeletedUser4940

Yes, there are a bunch of horrible, selfish people in this game that think their trades are fair. But I suspect that your issue is seeing trades that are not in your discovered area yet. For any non-discovered trades, the trader adds an additional 50% fee making the trade a 1 star. Every trade in your trader that has a yellow bubble with an exclamation point in it is a trade outside your area. You can hover over those to see what the trade would be if you scout to those players.

If you are not in a fellowship, join one. Once in a fellowship, you will be able to trade with many players and avoid a fee for doing so.
Thanks.. Good information. I did join a Fellowship for a short while, but I left it because no one spoke, answered questions and only two people "helped", so I figured it was not a good one. I hope to find a good one soon.

If you look in the mirror, you'll probably see the culprit. :rolleyes:

If there's a small (i) next to the posted trade, the system is applying a 50% markup because YOU have not yet discovered the poster's city.

If you look in the mirror, you'll probably see a smug jackass. Yes, it's my fault for not discovering them yet, and not knowing that. I asked the question, and I got a good answer before yours. I have already been punished for scouting too much by the battles being too hard. I guess that is my fault too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calenmir

This is an excellent way to keep trades fair or better, but I'm with Kayleegrrl - likely this member has just not discovered the people who are showing up in his Trader. And also agree that he can get at least a few decent trades by joining a fellowship.

DeletedUser4572

I agree that most of the junk trades are likely undiscovered players. however, I recently had to boot a fellow because she refused the put up a fair trade. she said people take them so it must be ok and free market blah, blah. so, there are dirt-bags among us.

Calenmir

I totally agree with that. I saw one in mine that was extremely unfair and I had reached her. So I visited her city - in case in was a new person with very little to offer. Not the case! Huge city and part of a FS. The FS overview clearly stated fair trades. Not too long after, that trade disappeared and a new trade replaced it.

DeletedUser61

Archmages can help fight this by not allowing their fellows to post anything below a 2 star trade.
You may want to reconsider your position, and thereby allow prearranged trades.
  • If YOU post a favorable 4:1 trade, that's intend for the benefit of a particular player, ANYBODY can snatch it.
  • If the PARTICULAR PLAYER posts a terrible 1:4 trade, exactly the inverse of the trade that you would have posted, NOBODY is going snatch it.
  • Be careful that you don't slop over into routinely pushing goods to your lower level members. Help out when somebody is in a jam, but make it quite clear that they're expected to pull their own weight.

DeletedUser4815

I agree with Katwijk, only post fair trades and ask others to post fair trades in return. This world should run off of equivilant exchange.
PS: I know I'm going to get a FMA reference message, so before that happens I will say that I have watched it and that's partially where I got the idea.

DeletedUser2963

You may want to reconsider your position, and thereby allow prearranged trades.
Just curious, anyone in here belong to a FS that doesn't allow "bad" trades on occasion? I have only been in 2 FS, but both of them allowed for pre-arranged unbalanced trades, with zero issues.

"Help, I need..... hit you back when I get through this...."

DeletedUser4818

w/lyapo

the PARTICULAR PLAYER posts a terrible 1:4 trade, exactly the inverse of the trade that you would have posted, NOBODY is going snatch it.

It was suggested to do in this in order to help my members who ask for a specific need. I used to trade favorably to them and sometimes someone seems to snipe the deal.

DeletedUser2388

On the bright side since they started player movement everyone can have active neighbors to trade with. My FS does only 2 star or better trades as do most that I've seen on the server. Since the move I have some new lower level neighbors and am trying to consciously pick up their trades for the 100 or 200 resources to help out. Good luck in the game, with your trades and your FS. :)

DeletedUser2963

I generally toss up around 30 three star tier 1 trades every few days for new people to pick up. I post them at 50:13 ratio, so that even if the new player has not "discovered me" they still get a three star trade.

Had several players higher level than me pick them all up because they thought a new player posted them and they were being helpful:confused:. So to solve that problem, I actually started fronting them with big 25k zero star trades, so that bigger players dont take the "little" trades. The big nasties give them a pause:p. Seems to be working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.