• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unique Identifier for New Players in Trader

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
They cant see blue but they know whatever "color" that is it is not black?
There's a bunch of different kinds with varying degrees of severity, the most common I think is actually red/green.
farp,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u6.jpg

My colorblind friend's wife has a T-shirt with the above image. Healthy relationship lol

Yogi Dave

Just an aside, I thought people who were color blind could still tell if something is not black or white? They cant see blue but they know whatever "color" that is it is not black?

<---not color blind, honest inquiry.
I'd seen others make comments about colors and the problems for color blind people. I know there was mention of this involving some aspect of the FA. I presume there is some difference, but am ignorant about this. I do know there are 'color blind friendly palettes'.

Iyapo1

Add to this....If you mouse over/hover over the persons name you could see their score, could be very helpful in determining their trades and if they are new, and how far along.
I think adding this might be controversial. Really competitive players might stop accepting trades from their "competition". Which might burn pretty badly for sentient goods?
I am in chapter 5, so happily clueless about that mess.

Fayeanne

Just an aside, I thought people who were color blind could still tell if something is not black or white? They cant see blue but they know whatever "color" that is it is not black?

(Off topic) It depends on the type of color-blindness. For some people, for example, pure red looks black to them. It's because their eyes are not receiving any of the red spectrum, so without seeing that light, what's left is black. (Though in some contexts it looks dark gray to them; for example a red car with sunlight shining on it will look gray.)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

<---not color blind, honest inquiry.

The eye has cones and rods. Rods respond to the level of luminescence -- the amount of light, while cones respond to the frequency of light -- its hue. Sometimes a person's cones will not respond to a particular frequency range -- certain shades of blue, for instance. When that occurs the area with that frequency is only seen by the rods and thus comes out as grey (depending on the the amount of luminescence). Thus, the object is seen, but it's hue is not perceived.

Hope that explains it.

AJ

hvariidh gwendrot

lol never once thought about not taking a trade from a "competitor" ? my game view is to play the game and let rank take care of itself, other than when i was new on ceravyn and was in 1 of the 3 fellowships doing 10 chests .. we would go crazy for the FA trophy, but that never effected taking trades .. and this is a serious question, do people actually think that way and try and starve out other players on trades ?