• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unused Runes

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Just curious if it would be possible for Inno to allow you to trade runes on the trader.
Many players have so many extra runes because they keep getting the ones that they have already built.
Other players could benefit from those extras sitting around not being used

DeletedUser3575

THIS is a Wonder-ful idea. Sincerely. Not only does it address the issue of the overwhelmingly poor odds for getting useful runes (that the PLAYER decides are useful, not that the "required Wonders" malarkey dictates to be useful), but it would foster additional teamwork in Fellowships and encourage more interaction with local neighbors! Love it.

DeletedUser3040

From our perspective, it makes sense. Players further along have an abundance of the runes for the older wonders that will be tougher to get for the newer players, who themselves have an easier time getting the newer runes, which are tougher to get for the older players. I'm not a fan of Crystal Lighthouse/Great Bell Spire (especially with all of the gold mines on Felyndral), but a lot of others seem to be. I'm a fan of Golden Abyss. I also have tons of Martial Monastery/Sanctuary shards. There's a trade in there somewhere.

DeletedUser1601

This would be really awesome. So long as you can trade runes for goods and not runes for runes only. I really like this idea, I was just thinking to myself a moment ago about how stupid it is that we keep collecting runes from older buildings.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'd be content with trading 2:1, or 3:1 or whatever through the wholesaler.
Heck, I'd be content with the game letting me intentionally break rune shards, at least that would be a 10:1 with a guaranteed slot

DeletedUser3915

i have 30 for The Golden Abyss atm and they keep coming. Trading sounds great! i would even like it that the building is already up and running and i try to input another rune that it "Shatters" and filling up one of the 10 spots for shattered runes. after 10 i can use it ANYWHERE!

DeletedUser2870

Yes, the runes should be tradable to the wholesaler 3:1 for the same kind (elven-AW for another elven AW) and 4:1 for other kinds. or perhaps even 5:1. But I am stuck with dozens of useless ones.
Or make it possible to transform them (or break them in 4 or 5 shards) in the magical academy, even if that costs goods and supplies.

DeletedUser2870

It might also be nice to tie certain kinds of runes to certain kinds of provinces.
We now have 14 AW's. With yet another guestrace coming up, so yet another 2 AW's to be expected.
The developers/moderators insist that the chance on any rune is equal, i.e. if you have researched 8 wonders, the chance is 1/8 to get a shard of a specific wonder.
My games (in three different countries) do not show that to be correct. I've had times that I had only access to 6 wonders, of which I had 4 in my city. The other 2 I had no runes at all for. In 19 encounters did not get a single rune of the wonders I had not put up yet. (with a chance of 1/3 on getting one).
But whether the process is flawed or not, the chances on getting the rune of any specific wonder are extremely low. If the runes are tied to a certain province one would in each priovince at least have a chance of 1/2 (or later 1/3) of getting a specific rune. or better yet, let the player choose from the runes available in the province after completing it. Then one can at least build the wonders one wants or needs

DeletedUser3950

This would be awesome - I keep getting blue runes which I have absolutely no use for anymore!!

DeletedUser1766

I like this idea as well. I was thinking of suggesting that we have some way of trading the runes we have lots of for the runes we need but cannot get. Trading with other players is fine if they have the runes that you want but what about runes for the new aw's when it is impossible to get them by completing a province when scouting takes too long.