• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Update 1.113 Discussions

qaccy

For me personally, separating all three training queues is the greatest update Elvenar's gotten in recent memory*. I'll finally be able to use all of my supplies on training and might even be able to use a PoP spell here and there and still avoid throwing supplies at the wholesaler! Barracks for Priests, Training Grounds for Cerberus, Mercenary Camp for Rangers/Vallorians/Frogs. MC's still pulling triple duty but at least I won't have to worry about stopping it to train mages or dogs anymore!

*The upcoming tournament changes are shortly going to top this update because of how much time it'll save me!

Kekune

Being able to make more troops is going to be great, but it is also going to use up a lot more supplies. I wonder how many players can currently generate enough supplies to run all 3 military buildings at the same time and to keep doing it for a prolonged period of time? I am pretty sure I can't right now. Although now I might have enough troops to be able to fight more in the Spire and negotiate less, which will save a lot of supplies.
My ch 16 city pulled a ws from storage and bought another magic one (that's a perfectly- timed sale they're running...) and will be fine. Need to fine-tune how often I use PoP spells, and whether I'll bother to speed up my barracks and training grounds to match my merc camp. It's obviously harder if they're all at top speed, and none of mine are.

My ch7 city doesn't yet have anything but the barracks, and won't for a while precisely because of the supplies issue.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My ch7 city doesn't yet have anything but the barracks, and won't for a while precisely because of the supplies issue.
All 3 of mine are in ch8. My 2 human cities have Barracks only. My elvish city does have a Mercenary Camp, for Blossom Mages. However with this change I now think it might be worthwhile to finally add Training Grounds. Just gotta figure out the supplies issue.

DeletedUser13313

So does this mean the tournament changes aren’t too far off?

kctanzen

Nightguest --

Some specific things I have noticed straight off that I would like to change(one is an older issue, but might as well mention here again also):

--- Would really like the ability to see how many open slots are in a training building without clicking on it and collecting the trained troops.

--- Some type of mechanism that would allow a long timer instant to 'roll over' to any other active training buildings. Perhaps a set order of barracks, then training grounds, then mercenary camp since I think that's the order they come out in the tech tree. Whichever building you are in when using the instant becomes the primary, any left over time rolls to the next building, and so on.

-- (older request) Specifically for end game folks who no longer have any magic buildings to upgrade, if an RR recipe comes up in crafting which calls for blueprints, hovering over the blueprints icon in the recipe shows total available to use. If the city isn't totally finished with the released chapters and has magic buildings, hovering over that blueprints icon in the upgrade tab shows the totals now.

Thanks for listening!
kctanzen -- US 3, Felyndral

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
Oh bah, I'm special and put in the wrong date, nice going brain.
Sorry to you lot for that btw.

I've got some feedback/comments/clarification that I'd like to make.
Firstly - it was mentioned that you'd like to have this news in-game as well. That's a fair point so I'll see what I can do to get something out once I'm done writing this. I've made a note for the future to make one/verify that one is in (I'm not always the person that does that!)

Second point - a clarification. By the state of the tickets that we've been receiving, I've noticed that the messaging may not have been clear so here it is. Decoupling the training queues across the buildings split everything - they now have entirely different buildings/queues/slot unlocks. I did edit the announcement to make this part clear.

Third point @Whiteflame710
Don't hold your breath for now. The EN servers are used as a 'larger' guine pig, but even that version is being tweaked and changed. We don't have any ETA on when it will come to any of the other servers (US included). I do know of the importance of getting 'that' change announced properly, so the moment I have any info I shall post it everywhere.

Fourth point for @kctanzen
The tooltip/hover over idea for slots is actually rather a common sense one. Would you mind making a post in the suggestion section? Contrary to popular belief I do stalk those places and forward the ideas on...something like this could fit in the "small change easy win" category.

Final point from me is about a potential bug. After the update, people that had units in their training grounds (or other training places) may have their queues stuck. The quick fix for this is to simply remove your training queue and add something back in. (I know that that may be annoying but unfortunately that's the only fix that we have right now).

michmarc

#1: Getting at the queue w/o collecting only seems useful for 'saving' collections for events and/or future quests. It's sort of against the spirit of the quest system so I doubt they would add any feature to subvert it. (Analogous was the secret back door into the Magic Academy w/o collecting the produced enchantments before they added a button to move the back door to the front door.)
#2: Probably sets up abuse. Timers come in different sizes and one of the disadvantages of the large time boosters is the inability to use them (efficiently) in many scenarios. You can't use a single 20h timer to upgrade a plankery from L1 to L15 or to boost 20 Bread productions in a workshop. Same thing applies here.
#3: This has been talked about here and fowarded to the dev team. (Whether they will do anything or not is a different story.) https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/add-blueprint-inventory-somewhere.24961/

Risen Malchiah

The Barracks, Training Grounds, and Mercenary Camp no longer share their production queue, which means that more units can be recruited simultaneously
I'm certainly enjoying this change, but there are two issues with this.

1. The upcoming tournament changes are seriously flawed. I've followed the discussions on the Beta & EN servers and so far there haven't been any significant changes to address the major issues with the tournament formula. Since the decoupling of the production queues is tied to the new tournament, implementing this change now before the tournament update is finalized is very problematic. This is game-changing and cannot be undone. It would have been wise to wait and implement this change along with the tournament update. Whereas doing it now sends the signal that the tournament changes are almost finalized (and *really* hope that is not the case).

2. Players on the EN server are understandably upset that US servers are now enjoying the benefits of the decoupling along with the old tournament system. (Same issue with event quests asking for tournament encounters. Much easier for US servers than for the others.)
Would really like the ability to see how many open slots are in a training building without clicking on it and collecting the trained troops.
Absolutely fantastic idea! It will be a chore to constantly open all 3 buildings to ensure they're all properly filled. For one city, it's not hard to remember. But when playing multiple cities, our brains do funny things.
it was mentioned that you'd like to have this news in-game as well. That's a fair point so I'll see what I can do to get something out once I'm done writing this. I've made a note for the future to make one/verify that one is in (I'm not always the person that does that!)
YES! Every major update to the game needs to be in-game news. ;)

Last edited:

mikeledo

OMG! Players on the US server has something temporarily that the en server does not!!! World coming to an end people! So tell me again how are en servers competing with US servers? I missed that part.

KarlD

Being able to make more troops is going to be great, but it is also going to use up a lot more supplies. I wonder how many players can currently generate enough supplies to run all 3 military buildings at the same time and to keep doing it for a prolonged period of time? I am pretty sure I can't right now. Although now I might have enough troops to be able to fight more in the Spire and negotiate less, which will save a lot of supplies.
I'm in Chapter 16 with 4 Magic WS and early indications are that I will have plenty of supplies, although I will have to use more PoP spells, going from about 2 a day to 3 or 4. That's about 28 PoP spells a week that would require doing about 25-30 provinces each week in the tournaments. I'm very active in tournaments, doing 50 or so provinces lately, so that's not likely to be a problem even in the new tournament system. I also have a lot of PoP and EE spells in inventory, maintain a 125% culture bonus, and have a level 12 Prosperity Tower which also helps. I shouldn't need an extra ws at this time, but who knows what I'll need in Chapter 17.

qaccy

Coming back here to comment that I've noticed something odd with the training buildings since the update - whenever I log in after a long enough time for at least one training slot to complete, the current one will be set to whatever its maximum duration is, as if it had just started training. This doesn't seem to affect production while offline as I'm still able to train and collect units, but it's clear to me that something is causing production timers to either reset upon logging in, or maybe something is being rounded? Because I think on at least one instance I've had more units ready to collect than I feel like should have been trained since my last visit.

Risen Malchiah

whenever I log in after a long enough time for at least one training slot to complete, the current one will be set to whatever its maximum duration is, as if it had just started training.
Wow, you're right. I just checked all my cities and every one of them showed the maximum training time for that first slot. Way too much of a coincidence for it to happen so consistently.

kctanzen

I can add a third for sure happening --- one of my cities, with all 3 queues of different lengths, had the first slot as a full length after I collected from each of the buildings after logging in.

BrinDarby

@Nightguest ,
When a BrownBear is fed, # of units increase but time doesnt. Once new troops are add'd they have the correct time, which is longer. With the decoupling this is populated to all 3 now..... Was this ever address'd when BrownBear came out ?? is it a bug, or a happy accident ???
If no ETA on new tourn system, players are just guessing then on which/how to upgrade/progress till then ??

Risen Malchiah

@BrinDarby The Brown Bear is not supposed to increase training time, only give bonus troops when you collect the troops (though the bonus troops are reflected in the amount of troops shown training). If it is now increasing training time, that should not happen.

Kekune

It seems the weird time reset is happening to me, too. I'm confused, though - previous posters have commented that this is a good thing. It seems to me to be a bad thing. It seems to me that the training queues are getting stuck. So a slot completes and I get those troops, but I'm *losing* training progress when the timer resets, no?

Am I misunderstanding what's happening here?

Risen Malchiah

It seems more to be a visual glitch with the timer. What you see is not what it really is. Because sometimes it completes in less time than it claims.

For instance, say your training time is 2:00 hrs per slot. You log in after the 1st troop completes, and the next slot shows full training time (2 hrs). But then you log in again later (before the 2 hrs is complete) and sometimes the troop is done. Until this is fixed, we'll never actually know how long our actual training queue is. As for BrinDarby's brown bear issue, I have not checked that yet.