• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Update to the Wholesale

• Thread starter DeletedUser4219
  • Start date

DeletedUser6523

Screenshot_4.png
how do you get the 325 marble and steel, mine is 150, and cost starts at 60K and goes up by $30K with each click, does you MH level change that?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
but the amount of marble or steel stays at 150
No. The price per unit stays the same. The quantity you can buy with each purchase goes up with your MH level, so the total cost of each buy goes up. But you always pay 400/unit for the first purchase of T1 materials every day.

DeletedUser6890

I'm sorry about busting out math, but when someone says "anything is true" and "you can make a number mean anything in a conversation", that seriously set off a compulsive trigger. Nothing devalues a conversation than "everybody's opinion is true and you can't prove otherwise!" But since he's going to keep accusing it's wrong and imply the historic philosophers and laws of thought are wrong, without foundation or a "correct" formula, he can just sit and steep in that in his corner. The conversation is done on that front. What needs to NOT be done is just continued general voicing of the vast negative impact on the game itself and the various ramifications of what all has become displeasurable to the players. This is the thread that never ends, and it goes on and on my friends....

DeletedUser3949

The first purchase is exactly the same price as it was before. Buying T1 was always 400 coin each. It's only if you buy more than once a day that you pay more than before.

And a new player would need to do that - buy more than 5 in a day.

DeletedUser3949

Me too, me too!

uh.....<insert content>:oops:

Edit:I am avoiding this discussion. I was not on the forum for three or four days and did not even notice the change to the whole seller until I logged into the forum. It didn't even blip the radar in my FS chat. So, not impacted by it at all. It has always just been an expensive dump, and one I rarely use. So, since all I have to say is "meh", I am letting those who have an opinion hash it out.
I think it affects new players more than it affects those of us who have been around for awhile. I made a new account on the beta server just to see the new stuff. So I am seeing what it's like as a new player. BUT I have an advantage in that I already know how many residents, factories, etc. I need and that I should trade right away. A newbie doesn't know that. I remember playing for months when I started without trading. There is a huge learning curve and by making it difficult from the beginning they will lose. And I don't want them to lose.

My FS takes in newbies, and helps them, but how rare is that? Inno needs to start listening to the people that play this game. Why have it in beta if you're not going to listen to the people who are beta testing it? What's the point of that?

DeletedUser3949

The first purchase is exactly the same price as it was before. Buying T1 was always 400 coin each. It's only if you buy more than once a day that you pay more than before.
I thought you said below you are new and haven't unlocked the trader?

DeletedUser6335

Thank you @indigoblur for pointing out that you can go back and play a new city, but you will *not* be the same as a new player who has no idea what lays in store for them as far as doing what when and having how many of what. Also, for saying that as a new player one is more affected than those who have been around a while with some of the changes.

I appreciate that there are mid and end game folks that are going back and attempting to see what it is like for those of us just coming to the game. I only hope that somehow, something can be done to fix things so that we can all simply *play* and enjoy the game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I thought you said below you are new and haven't unlocked the trader?
I don't know who you are talking about, but I did not say that.
And a new player would need to do that - buy more than 5 in a day.
Incorrect. A new player does not have to buy any materials at all. Nobody has to. People who want to advance a little faster can choose to.
I think it affects new players more than it affects those of us who have been around for awhile.
It affects people who don't know understand the game mechanics as much as others. That is a training and communication issue, just like budgeting. You can't solve a young person's budget problems by making clothes and video games cheaper, it just causes them to buy more clothes and video games. Buying goods from the trader is a problem, not a solution. The solution requires discouraging them from expanding into too many provinces too quickly. Making goods easier to buy makes that worse.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6335

@Ashrem is correct - nobody *has* to do anything, including play the game...

I get what you are saying Ashrem - but I don't 100% agree with you. Yes, there is the lack of education/communication - but I want to play a game to *play* a game, not be stuck doing research on some other sites for days. Yes, there is a problem with exploring too far too fast. However, I want to see *some* progress - building my city requires materials I can't make that many of - and can't make fast enough. The Trader offers a better chance to do that. Being able to trade with neighbors at a "discount" is great, but the added surcharge for undiscovered ones bites. Not many newer folks get into a Fellowship right away and neighbors aren't always actually *there* - so it kind of sets one to attempt to use the Trader....

Making changes that seem to make things "harder" and seem to be at the root of folks not playing anymore makes it that much more difficult for those of us just coming into the game to get a good "foot hold" and see the Social Aspect...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's good. I don't require, or expect, anyone to agree with me.

Bandage solutions are often necessary, but frequently become entrenched and make things worse in the long run. The (apparent) real issue in elvenar is that the developers feel they need to slow down people's explorations. limiting quests did not work, because players rebelled. devaluing coin is in progress, and is also causing some player rebellion.

It's not most people's first choice to look at the mechanics of their game and ask themselves if what they want is good for the game. That's the developers' job. I don't envy them.

DeletedUser5942

Do they actually listen ... or is this just a place where the players vent? Has the developers of this game done anything that the community of players liked?

DeletedUser3507

They listen, but in the grand plan, they have more important thing like making impossible guest races and events, what we post and complain about seems unimportant.