• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Update v1.115 discussion thread

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
Hello again everyone!

Been a while since I posted, so starting things up with the patchnotes for the next update, nice and early!

v1.115 has just been announced here!
Please use this thread to discuss the changes.

A personal big thank you to everyone who helped us with the Coldfire Phoenix scout issues, I know I handled quite a few tickets and your voices did help us see the nessesity of the change.

CavemanAZ

EDIT: I'm officially blaming early morning & lack of coffee for not catching the specific wording of the patch note... ԅ(☉Д☉)╮
I was still starting a scout first, then feeding the Coldfire... :oops:
The Coldfire Phoenix's effect has been changed to no longer give Knowledge Points when a scout finishes, but when a scout is started instead. This change was made because we found that some players could experience problems if they were offline while both the scout and the Coldfire Phoenix's feeding effect ended. By changing the time at which the Knowledge Points are granted, we avoid ever getting in this situation...
Wait... We now have to start another province scout to get the already earned KPs? An action THAT CANNOT BE CANCELLED

So I guess to hell if we can afford to start another, or if the only available province difficulties are beyond our abilities, just waste the scouted province rewards... right?!? Oh no! Now, if I'm not actively online when the scout finishes to start another that I didn't want, I will lose the earned reward as well!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I, and anyone I've spoken with, has never had a problem with getting the KP credit while offline, as long as the feeding timer was longer than the scout completion timer.
If there was a large enough problem with the Coldfire prior to v1.115, why couldn't I find any threads mentioning this "issue?" Was this in Beta, and/or "some players could experience problems" only in specific worlds?

This "patch fix" as presented doesn't fix anything. It simply breaks the fundamental mechanics of an event building's "special ability," rendering it much less usefull.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

We now have to start another province scout to get the already earned KPs?
No. Instead of start scout then feed phoenix. You feed phoenix and then start scout. You get the KP upfront.

Now, if I'm not actively online when the scout finishes to start another that I didn't want, I will lose the earned reward as well!
What earned reward? The KP you get when you start the scout?

CavemanAZ

No. Instead of start scout then feed phoenix. You feed phoenix and then start scout. You get the KP upfront.
Thank you for making me carefully re-read the patch note

I may have actually just facepalmed...
" ...no longer give Knowledge Points when a scout finishes, but when a scout is started instead. "
Yep, like so many times before, I had started a scout then fed the Coldfire just before the scout finished, so I could start another scout before the timer ran out (using time boosters).

I'm officially blaming early morning & lack of coffee for not catching the specific wording of the patch note... ԅ(☉Д☉)╮

ricola

Not to pile on with the Coldfire Phoenix changes, but...

It is good that the tooltip is fixed, but it's kind of weird that the main text on the Coldfire window still says "Knowledge Points per Finished Scout"

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 9.34.19 AM.png

The tooltip, as we know, is clearer, but with this text it seems a bit confusing on which is "right" if you didn't read the release notes.

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
Not to pile on with the Coldfire Phoenix changes, but...

It is good that the tooltip is fixed, but it's kind of weird that the main text on the Coldfire window still says "Knowledge Points per Finished Scout"

View attachment 8559

The tooltip, as we know, is clearer, but with this text it seems a bit confusing on which is "right" if you didn't read the release notes.
Pretty sure facepalming is not enough...
I'll open a bug report for that issue now, thank you for bringing that to my attention.