• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

update v1.128 discussion thread

LisaMV

There are new sound effects for the Magic Academy ~ which is a nice touch.
However, they are set so relatively loud to the other sounds, that what could have been a mystical "whoosh" sound is now more like something from a Stephan King movie. It is so creepy and unpleasant, makes me jump every time and makes my skin crawl.
Please adjust/lower the base volume of this if at all possible ~ thanks!
NEXT DAY:
Ok! I finally figured out what this sounds like - A giant bionic bird dropping hitting the pavement from 100 meters up. It's really awful! I now have my volume set on 1/2 of what I used to do, and it is still absurdly loud. PLEASE FIX THIS!!:eek:

Last edited:

CrusaderMichael

There are new sound effects for the Magic Academy ~ which is a nice touch.
However, they are set so relatively loud to the other sounds, that what could have been a mystical "whoosh" sound is now more like something from a Stephan King movie. It is so creepy and unpleasant, makes me jump every time and makes my skin crawl.
Please adjust/lower the base volume of this if at all possible ~ thanks!

on my end not too loud but i have to say it literally scared me a little when i double clicked to craft a power of provision... was not expecting that sound haha (assuming it's new... never noticed it before).

The more little sounds they add in this game the better.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I didn't even know the game had sound! :)
My phone is always on silent. I'm going to have to go check it out now.

LisaMV

I didn't even know the game had sound! :)
My phone is always on silent. I'm going to have to go check it out now.
I am a trained musician, so using sound is phenomenally helpful for me. I have the music off, but the sound effects on, but very low. They are so cute, most of them! coins, steel factories (excellent). If I ever burn out bad on normal elvenar, I will set up a little orchestra and play with that: seeds sound like a rainstick, mana is sweet and chime-y, silk is a great swoosh sound. Marbles are great, good syncopation if you do one after the other exactly right... I would have to go back and get some woodelves factories, those were wonderful!
Yes - and now you all know I get easily distracted in my cities... lol

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It would be polite to give @helya a chance to get the info before challenging her knowledge. Just Sayin'

Instead of random cracks, maybe you could be helpful for a change and provide a list of all the crafting recipes.

I did not have the time earlier to look for it, but here is a crafting list:

And yes, only the Pet Food recipes use relics. And only the tier 3 relic recipes are active, so this update makes sense if it is letting new players, or anyone running out of tier 3 relics, to use tier 1 or 2 relics for the missing tier 3 relics in the recipes.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I forgot. Know it all folks have little concept of polite. Tagging Helya when she already said she didn’t have the info yet was nothing short of sounding belittling IMO. If the only motivation was to convey unavailable info then the tag was not necessary.

FYI, I have said for years that I have no interest in compiling stats, lists or anything similar except small ones for my city situations. 40 years of spreadsheets being Corporate CPA and I’m done :) I did not retire to work free for anybody. Unlike some people, I have nothing to prove. My game speaks for itself. There’s nothing I want to do that I can’t do pretty easily.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya am I remembering wrong or are the only recipes that use relics the three for Pet Food?
I'm pretty sure yes, but I think the list has changed some so I don't want to give you inaccurate information

Tagging Helya when she already said she didn’t have the info yet was nothing short of sounding belittling IMO
Thanks @Deborah M, I didn't take that as a challenge to my knowledge, just a general inquiry, but I appreciate you looking out for me.

LisaMV

@helya Something was really coded incorrectly with the volume of the MA sound effects, and the same >SPLAT< sound is also with the Trading Station I now notice.

It seems that this new sound was simply put in at the incorrect volume. It is severely out of balance, a bit like King Kong next to regular people, and quite ruins what could be a nice new addition to the Elvenar sound scape.

I will send a bug ticket in if nothing comes of this.