• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

update v1.137 discussion

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Fixed bugs that didn't affect me aren't interesting, what's exciting about this announcement is this:
  • We are working on a brand new Feature to improve Fellowships for all levels! Stay tuned for more information soon!
There are a few semi-spoilers floating around Beta on what this might be, but even there we have almost no details.
In the broadest no-beta-spoiler terms there is something coming for FS, so what do we want this to be?
I like the idea of FS levels with XP and power-ups Like longer visit buffs or maybe a tournament cooldown reduction

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are a few semi-spoilers floating around Beta on what this might be, but even there we have almost no details.
In the broadest no-beta-spoiler terms there is something coming for FS, so what do we want this to be?
I like the idea of FS levels with XP and power-ups Like longer visit buffs or maybe a tournament cooldown reduction

There is already one leaked image here in the Beta - Spoilers thread. I think the same image is on the Beta forum. Being able to save leftover points in the tournament, and maybe Spire?, to apply to a future tournament or Spire will definitely help borderline groups get to that next reward level. I just worry/expect all this new stuff to cost something to activate it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I just worry/expect all this new stuff to cost something to activate it.
Yeah, what I can't quite guess at is where XP would come from. FA ranking? (I hope not) Tournament milestones? Visits? Things like +1 xp for clearing a province or whatever would be crazy hard to balance.

I know I fired out ideas at some point years ago about Achievements and how singular players could go about earning things (like titles or portraits) but I'm not sure how that would apply to a FS. Some are transferable like +50 xp for hitting 100 visits +125 for hitting 1,000 but others like total research not so easily.
There's a lot of ways that they could go and I'm sure tweaks will be needed. I just hope they listen to the Beta players (unlike moonstone set scrolls etc)

Huor

Did they opt not to update the app to 1.37? I still haven't seen the usual update come through the google play store? There was a little one that occurred either Monday or Tuesday (about 20 odd meg update, far from the usual size) my app version is 1.36.1

StarLoad

helya said:
  • We are working on a brand new Feature to improve Fellowships for all levels! Stay tuned for more information soon!

And do you know when we will have more info?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Did they opt not to update the app to 1.37? I still haven't seen the usual update come through the google play store? There was a little one that occurred either Monday or Tuesday (about 20 odd meg update, far from the usual size) my app version is 1.36.1

I have been on 1.137 on the app for days now. You won't be able to start the event next week until you get yours updated.

Huor

This is what I see with the browser: v1.137.2-(b5d0ba0) - html5 (2021-09-02 09:31), The attached is what I see what the app that got the little update early in the week. As I write this, google play says there are no updates for elvenar. Hopefully the version in the () is the one that really matters and that the app was released early and not on the usual Thursday. Both version numbers are usually in balance with each other. Mostly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-04 10.39.15 AM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-04 10.39.15 AM-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 91

StarLoad

This is what I see with the browser: v1.137.2-(b5d0ba0) - html5 (2021-09-02 09:31), The attached is what I see what the app that got the little update early in the week. As I write this, google play says there are no updates for elvenar. Hopefully the version in the () is the one that really matters and that the app was released early and not on the usual Thursday. Both version numbers are usually in balance with each other. Mostly.
I looked and my iPad shows the exact same version and I looked and do not see any update as of this morning.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I got worried and checked my iPhone and iPad. They are showing the 1.136 first but has us 1.137 in parenthesis after a brief pause at the end of the version numbers.

BrinDarby

@helya ,
What should players do when support won't solve a bug, and stop
allowing players to report the same one ??? I had hoped for a fix
to a bug I reported in this update, seems not yet ...

Alram

Flippers just flip
What should players do when support won't solve a bug, and stop
allowing players to report the same one ??? I had hoped for a fix
to a bug I reported in this update, seems not yet ...
You could post it here in the forum to see of it is happening to other players too.

Silver Lady

Got the update to 1.137 for my iPad but still no sign of the update in the Play Store for my Samsung tablet. Any one aware of a reason for the delay?

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Why do players have any need to check app stores to get the updates? That seems like an annoyance. I get all of the updates on PC, iPhone & iPad automatically. Maybe I was asked to do automatic updates at some point? Maybe it is a default that others have changed? Just a thought that may help some other players having a problem with this.

Huor

I have automatic updates off as I'm on metered bandwidth and programmers are not as good as they used to be so updates just flow like water. It just seems like everything is ads and updates these days.

OIM20

I have auto-update enabled on mine. Even so:
Google Play Store No 1137.jpg
Please note the date it shows the app was last updated in Google Play - 20 Aug 2021. Please note the date the screen was taken - 5 Sept 2021.
The version I'm playing is 1.136.1-d4baf06-256, but this is what everyone's talking about with the 1.137 showing in parentheses:
Google Play Store No 1137b.jpg
Google Play Store No 1137c.jpg
(click to see full-size versions of images)
______________________________​
Edit: @helya - Do I need to formally file a ticket with support about this? It's not a bug in the game itself, so I'm not sure whether that's the correct step to take. Other than notifying you, I'm not sure how to get word to the person in charge of updating Google Play with the new version that it hasn't been done.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@OIM20 not sure what to tell you. The Google Play Store shows me the most recent update on Sept 1st. And my app has been on 1.137 since then. This is the US version of the Play Store, in case you are outside the US.