• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

update v1.149

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Thanks for reducing the number of items displayed in notices.
(Haha, who's not doing activity tracking? I run a couple of tourney FS. Go ahead, skip a few of them, no notice. These boots...)

Yogi Dave

I still have 52 pages of visits. The few people I've looked at are in there several times. In fact, I just looked through all the pages for a few people in my FS that are daily visitors, and they are in there 4 times.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I created a bug report, but I think it might just be that older notifications from before the update remained. My list went from 54 pages to 43 overnight.

LordVorKon

Yeah, I think it could be that only the most recent previous notification has been replaced and the rest will be allowed to fall off when they reach the 5-day max age.

My most recent 24 hours is about 10 pages. The previous 24 hours is 3 pages, and before that 1.

Arkadia

Can we get the Trader fixed please?
it's been freezing up after just a few trades. mostly in chrome though, i do not have much issues in Vivaldi.

mephalia39

Cannot stand the update. For those that track visits for fs.... what was done made this impossible. I cannot be on and record visits often enough.. with only 1 visit kept per person. My pages went back to 10 which makes this task impossible to do with my job.(real life job lol)

The previous update really helped with the 52 pages. Granted a little less would have been ok, but now ......... Really needed this to be 3 days of notifications.

Last edited:

Dopeykr

Which update allows you to teleport Guest Race Structures. With the exception of the Portal, I was able to teleport all my Buildings to make room for the itty-bitty Structures needed for a FA.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Cannot stand the update. For those that track visits for fs.... what was done made this impossible. I cannot be on and record visits often enough.. with only 1 visit kept per person. My pages went back to 10 which makes this task impossible to do with my job.(real life job lol)

The previous update really helped with the 52 pages. Granted a little less would have been ok, but now ......... Really needed this to be 3 days of notifications.

go to the app and do your visits. Waaaay easier and faster. Plus you get a bonus every day.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You actually keep track of who does what visits? wow

Of course. Different fellowships have different requirements for number of visits per week, when no notice of absence is given to the AM. Some fellowships even require visits every single day, especially now that those visits generate Perks XP.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You actually keep track of who does what visits? wow
Absolutely. My personal opinion regarding FS requirements/expectations of its members (ex: visit all members 3x per week) is: If it's not tracked and enforced, it is no longer a requirement, it's a suggestion.
IMO, the number of visits/week closely reflects the activity level of the FS. I see 5+ visits/wk as indicating an FS is composed of daily or mostly daily players. 3x/wk to me indicates while there may be a group of daily players, there can be some every other day players as well as the occasional 'mostly on the weekend, can squeeze in another visit to the FS one day each week'.
We started out as a 3x/wk and have only changed that due to tracking. It became apparent that over 95% of the members were visiting 4+x/wk and 90% were 5+/wk. We increased our overview requirements to 4x/wk, tracking had 95% of members at 5x/wk, so we then increased overview requirements to 5x/wk. It didn't seem fair to recruit new members who were less active than established members.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Absolutely. My personal opinion regarding FS requirements/expectations of its members (ex: visit all members 3x per week) is: If it's not tracked and enforced, it is no longer a requirement, it's a suggestion.
How do you track it? I saw a random overview in my travels that said [required visits...and don't just visit the mages or you will be booted]. It just made me wonder. I know some require a daily shout out in chat when visits are done.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
How do you track it?
There's several ways. In our more casual FS that just went to the 5x/wk, one of the mages tracks it by marking daily visits they get on a spreadsheet by member. We're not really looking to quibble over less than the minimum, so if it only occurs sporadically for any given member, it's overlooked anyway. If that Mage notices a pattern (there's me +3Mages), the other 3 of us will pay attention for the next few days to a week. Since we're usually only focused on 1, maybe 2 players at the same time, we also note if we've seen them in game, chat, trader, etc. We may just send a note asking if they've forgotten us for visits; if their activity level has dropped over all, they'll get a note asking if they expect whatever rl issues must be keeping them away from the game to resolve soon; sent with a 'thinking of and missing you' tone. We are mainly hoping to avoid a gradual drop off of interest leading to someone eventually no longer playing.
My other FS (requires daily visits that were also tied to extra kp pts in our old Wonder spreadsheet swap; that's no longer the case since we went to NetZero) has a unique approach. There have always been 'visit trackers' and they always remain anonymous. If there is a need for more help with tracking, the AM will put out an FS wide message asking for more volunteers, but those volunteers are asked to contact the AM privately to keep the trackers anonymous.