• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Upgrading Evolved Buildings

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Any that you have chosen to place, to be honest. If you have space for it, you should upgrade it. But if it makes goods, mana, orcs, then definitely keep it up to date.
Witch's Hut
Mermaid
Valentine
Stonehenge

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There are also specifics to look for. If you got the building in chapter 8 and one of the goods it gives changes to mana in chapter 9, upgrade it. Same thing if you have a chapter 10 building that will give divine seeds when it is upgraded to chapter 11. This actually applies to all event buildings. Having stuff you can upgrade as soon as you are in chapter 9 for mana or chapter 11 for seeds, will make the start of those chapters much easier. There are also a few buildings that switch to giving orcs when they are upgraded to chapter 8.

Deleted User - 849402856

@Lelanya I have a question. Mana and orcs seem to make sense because I heard that they are not so easy to procure, but can you explain why goods are also on the list?

In addition, I looked up Mermaid, and it doesn't seem to give any of the resources you mentioned. Did you include it because it gives AW KP?

aerondor

I normally only place those that give AW or KP. And upgrade them typically in the order of which is going to give me the best other stuff.
Fire Phoenix I do first. Others like the bear, which I've never really bothered with. Too many things need pet food already.

CrusaderMichael

I normally only place those that give AW or KP. And upgrade them typically in the order of which is going to give me the best other stuff.
Fire Phoenix I do first. Others like the bear, which I've never really bothered with. Too many things need pet food already.

Only been playing since January but the Ashen is best that i've personally seen. Mainly for the +2 KP. That's like a full tech a month at my stage.

AW is next on my list but i value KP a lot more than AW at this point.... maybe 4 to 1

Deleted User - 849402856

@Lelanya Thanks for the answer. Actually your answer made me think about a city that has no manufactories, no relic boosts, and relies solely on evolving buildings and crafting buildings for goods :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Lelanya Thanks for the answer. Actually your answer made me think about a city that has no manufactories, no relic boosts, and relies solely on evolving buildings and crafting buildings for goods :)
Such a city would DOMINATE the tournament and spire with costs 1/100th as much as other cities... but would have to completely skip 3/9 tournaments and would basically suck at everything else.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I am fighting a lot, so my first priority to chapter upgrade is the brown bear as it gives troops and is small.
Like others, I also like to upgrade those that give orcs, mana, seeds and sentient goods - especially when I reach those chapters that start needing those.

I have more evolving buildings than RR spells, so I don't upgrade them all. Some are still useful at low level (although they of course would be more useful if upgraded).

The feeding effect stays the same for all chapters, so I am not upgrading my fire phoenix which I only have for the feeding effect.
Any KP / AW KP also stays the same, so I don't upgrade the buildings cause of the KP, but may do cause of their other benefits.

Deleted User - 849402856

@SoggyShorts Yeah I completely agree. Such a city will take so long to, say, activate research or build/upgrade AWs because the amount of goods required for such things does not scale with one's relic boosts (i.e., you still need the same amount of goods even though you produce less). At the same time, such a city won't meet the "Orc Wall" even if the city is a pure caterer because the demand for orcs in tournaments and spires will remain unboosted. I have started a pure cater city, and it gives me a lot to think about...

Deleted User - 1178646

@SoggyShorts Yeah I completely agree. Such a city will take so long to, say, activate research or build/upgrade AWs because the amount of goods required for such things does not scale with one's relic boosts (i.e., you still need the same amount of goods even though you produce less). At the same time, such a city won't meet the "Orc Wall" even if the city is a pure caterer because the demand for orcs in tournaments and spires will remain unboosted. I have started a pure cater city, and it gives me a lot to think about...
Why upgrade wonders?
I am working towards orcs chapter right now to unlock orcs for my provinces, beside that I have no intention to unlock the chapter after orcs, that way I can avoid orcs in spire / tournament at all.
I just needs orcs to circumvent the orc wall, thats it.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Fire Phoenix I do first.
Generally, I'd upgrade my evolve event buildings like @Lelanya recommended, but Fire Phoenix is one exception I would actually put on the bottom of the list or even skip. Its feed effects are the same whether it's chapter 1 or 15 so the only big change you get from chaptering up is to get more coins or if you want portal profit instead of coin rain. The portal profit change happens in Dwarf so once you have a Dwarf level Fire Phoenix, subsequent chapter upgrades only gives you more coins...which doesn't seem like the best use of 16 RRs.

aerondor

The reason I upgrade the fire phoenix is that I know I am going to keep it. As it is taking up space, I figure I had may as well get the population and culture benefits of having it upgraded.

Others may like other things more. Nice thing about the game is that there are lots of different ways to play it.