• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Urban Renewal Day!

Ihrlaen

Today we celebrate Urban Renewal Day! Today of all days, city administrations embark on the noble task of reducing unemployment and raising the living standards for all races. As we clear out polluting manufactories and mom & pop workshops, we implore all city planners to slow down, take stock, and remember their heritage. Preserve our Ancient Wonders! Cherish our ancient and priceless artifacts! Hold fast to our existing infrastructure and expand it even as new high-tech industry returns to our cities.

Remember, measure twice, delete once.

{Truly. One undelete per account. EVER*}

*Probably. Maybe. But do you really want to chance it?

Last edited:

Zoof

Urban renewal always starts with a state of squalor, even those that are self-inflicted. Like the famous flaming featherduster of folklore, from the ashes rise a glorious future to be enjoyed for a time before it burns down again in an everlasting cycle of life and death.

I rather like Fellowship Adventures for encouraging competitive players to tear down or store away everything that isn't strictly necessary (spare residences, outdated culture items, T2/T3 manufactories, maybe armories) or rearrange things that may be too costly to simply demolish (AWs, possibly Training Grounds/Mercenary Camps), with the side-effect of encouraging alternate city layouts after the shantytowns get bulldozed. All that wonderful free space to expand into so as to turn a possibly mediocre-performing city into something even better or different! Or to experiment on your populace like a mad social scientist. Or to make room for a guest race, then to experiment on

EDIT: I totally missed the point of the original post. How is it that it required extra sleep deprivation in addition to another comment to see it? RIP AWs and fuzzy critters. The horror stories scared me too straight and couldn't comprehend the possibility that this is what was being talked about. I don't know of anyone personally experiencing this, but I do remember a very close call where the only thing that saved me was me taking notice through bleary eyes that the window had additional mysterious red text. And red text means "HOL UP DERE! U 'BOUT TO DO SUMTHIN HINKY UP IN DESE PARTS!". Which made me pause long enough to look at what exactly it was I was doing. Why even am I posting at 4 in the morning? Have I lost complete control of my life?

Last edited:

Lady Dastardly

I don't know of anyone personally experiencing this
You, and your fellows, are quite fortunate then, because I have had to direct at least 5 players to support for accidently selling high level AW's. One of them was just this week. The best was a member whose young grandson sold 2 wonders, and the poor boy was very upset about it. Support (with helya's help) was able to restore both, and his grandfather took him out for ice cream to celebrate.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Remember, measure twice, delete once.

{Truly. One undelete per account. EVER}
The worst I have ever done is wipe out a level 19 (at the time, that was my max level) silk manufactory while restoring my city. I did not measure twice. LOL. Since it was something I could replace, I chose to rebuild it myself instead of asking for a restore.

However from comments Helya made while running things, it seems the 1 restore ever policy has been relaxed. I do not remember the exact way she worded it, but the overall contexts I took away from her remarks was: they do not want you abusing it and if you do it too frequently then you will be denied. However if it has been a long time since your last restore, you would be able to get another.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
That’s horrible news that a very nice wonder. I hope your friend as other friends to help get their mountain hall back quickly.
She is going to let it go bc she wants to save her one undo on something more critical, like a Fire Phoenix or something.
However from comments Helya made while running things, it seems the 1 restore ever policy has been relaxed. I do not remember the exact way she worded it, but the overall contexts I took away from her remarks was: they do not want you abusing it and if you do it too frequently then you will be denied. However if it has been a long time since your last restore, you would be able to get another.
I think it’s gonna depend on who we get for CM now. helya has said she bends the rules a little on the US side. The EN support is unwavering even if you used your undo 5yrs ago. I have lost my Owl while trying to remove an expired carting library. Ouch. Definitely didn’t measure twice as they are distinctively very different sizes. Then I lost my Witch Hut during an Urban Renewal. My one undo has been summoned and used up. I’ve always find it funny in my EN chat when I say something you can do, but someone will chime in to say, no bc they’ve already tried and EN support says no. We sure are going to miss the players’ champion and champion of snacks around here.

Ihrlaen

Today, we once again celebrate Urban Renewal Day! Please take a moment to to remember the lost Pets and Wonders that have given their space for absolutely nothing. Praise for the Support that have found buildings lost in the rubble of supplies, and remember always:

Measure twice, delete once.

Last edited: