• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

USA versus France

• Thread starter DeletedUser4936
  • Start date

Should Innogames would be fair for all servers ?

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • their choice

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser4936

As i post in the bug report, not very good in english writing, but i have some questionning in my head...
why the offer in 'france' server for diamonds are bigger than the one in 'united states' ? it's 800 diamonds, made a difference ! i buy it so, it's ok, but intriguing isnt'it ??
elvenar fr diamants 3 nov.jpg
elvenar usa diamants 4 nov.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

I don't have any direct knowledge of the InnoGames strategy, but when I worked for Nestle the marketing folks kept fiddling with the numbers until they got a certain percentage of responses in each zone. Take a look at http://www.couponpostcard.com/zones.asp.

Consequently every targeted zone is going to have a different incentive threshold, whereupon "enough" folks will decide to reach for their credit cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4936

as i said, it's just a question, why 800 diamonds difference for the same price in 2 different server.. even if you decide to reach for credit card or not ;) thanks for put some light !!!

DeletedUser3640

Dang...I'd get like 15k more diamonds if I'd be playing on that french server... Sad day... Voting yes, because there are no extra benefits for paying more, which makes no sense.

DeletedUser2870

I noticed that as well, but my guess it's got something to do with marketing strategies.
The amount can differ from country to country. There are sometimes special offers in one country which aren't available in another.

DeletedUser2191

The French server is providing 3, 000 more diamonds on the base value and an extra 600 diamonds from the bonus 20%

Bonus diamonds on US server = 11k x 20% = 2.2k

Bonus diamonds on French Server = 14k x 20% = 2.8k

Over all the French server is getting 3.6k more diamonds.

I'd be interested in knowing what the base value is and the monetary price is on the other international servers.

Only reasonable explanation I can think of is, this has nothing to do with any marketing promotions, they are adjusting the base value of diamonds in correlation to international exchange rates versus changing the monetary value of the package.

DeletedUser3312

I think you are right Ludwig. The France server may also charge more diamonds for an item than the US server does. The international exchange rate does change constantly so this is a crazy way of doing it. but then Inno does not always do things logically lol. I would think the amount of diamonds would remain the same and the amount charged for them is what would fluctuate.

DeletedUser1036

Current exchange rate is $109.99 Euro = $122.55 USD

DeletedUser3312

Current exchange rate is $109.99 Euro = $122.55 USD

And tomorrow it may be different. smiles. I am German and have family there and although I live in the US, my family and I do send gifts to each other regularly and I get my "care packages" of items that can't be found here. That is why I suggested that the charge price should be what fluctuates rather than the award price. But maybe they find it easier to fluctuate the award and keep the charge the same rate.

DeletedUser2191

And tomorrow it may be different. smiles. I am German and have family there and although I live in the US, my family and I do send gifts to each other regularly and I get my "care packages" of items that can't be found here. That is why I suggested that the charge price should be what fluctuates rather than the award price. But maybe they find it easier to fluctuate the award and keep the charge the same rate.

I live in Canada, with the weak Canadian dollar, I would be paying even more, $130 dollars plus. So the value of the offers becomes even less attractive for myself. That leads me to believe the base value of diamonds being offered is by geographical range more so than individual country. I don't buy diamonds, just to compare I pulled up the charge screen. 11k diamonds for 109.99 (Euros or US Dollars). The base value of the diamonds didn't change because I live in Canada.