• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Use Confirmation For "Sips of Clarity"

Add a confirmation for Sip of Clarity use

• In Favor

Votes: 43 95.6%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StarLoad

Just as Diamond confirmations are used the "Sips" need a confirmation as they can be clicked on way to easy and with a small amount of lag and you may use 2 or 3 in just a fraction of a second.

Pros - Will eliminate/reduce accidental use. Will provide greater security to user experience just as with spending Diamonds. Will lessen support tickets for questions about "why my Sips are gone"

Cons - Programming time but if treated as diamonds are it should not be a big issue

Opinions?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The funny thing is in the past with a couple of others things, I suggested a confirmation click and some other people, some still around and some not, had the nerve to say no because they did not want to have to make an extra click of their mouse.

Yogi Dave

There is plenty of room on the 'Confirm' tab in the Advanced Settings dialog. Only 2 things are there now for diamonds and unboosted goods.

Farinx

I expected this to be already included, feels like sloppy game design to add the sip of clarity feature and not have a confirm use button.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Didn't see that it was voting before, but I voted now. Great idea.

Why is it that even on fantastic ideas there is always one person who votes no? Makes no sense to me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The funny thing is in the past with a couple of others things, I suggested a confirmation click and some other people, some still around and some not, had the nerve to say no because they did not want to have to make an extra click of their mouse.
A confirmation for something major that you rarely do and is expensive is a good thing.
I'd support extreme measures for things like being forced to type out the word "DELETE" in order to sell a wonder.
Others, like level 1 workshops shouldn't have any warning and should be treated like roads.

What specifically did you want a warning for that got negative feedback?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Took me a little bit of time to deliberate, my fist thought was no based on the title, then based on the merits I considered yes.\\In they end I sticked with no.

There are several reasons for it:
  • It are not diamonds
  • It creates a desparity with other parts, for example you do not get a conformation when you use 2 spells by accedent on the same building.
  • It ain't as rare as displayed, a level 3 spire player will get ~130 sips a year
With diamonds (which you can disable) and with deleting buildings (which you cannot disable) we already have plenty conformation for the most critical parts of the game, and we still see people accidentely destroying buildings (99% after a FA or when deleting race settlements)

If sip gets a confirmation, spells should get a conformation. because you cannot deny spells the same treatent and as sips, and the last thing I want is a game with a kazillion confomation clicks all the time. because then just like when destroying 100 FA buildings it just becomes annoying and looses it's function. you on auto mode just click it away and it becomes pointless and annoying.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Took me a little bit of time to deliberate, my fist thought was no based on the title, then based on the merits I considered yes.\\In they end I sticked with no.

There are several reasons for it:
  • It are not diamonds
  • It creates a desparity with other parts, for example you do not get a conformation when you use 2 spells by accedent on the same building.
  • It ain't as rare as displayed, a level 3 spire player will get ~130 sips a year
With diamonds (which you can disable) and with deleting buildings (which you cannot disable) we already have plenty conformation for the most critical parts of the game, and we still see people accidentely destroying buildings (99% after a FA or when deleting race settlements)

If sip gets a confirmation, spells should get a conformation. because you cannot deny spells the same treatent and as sips, and the last thing I want is a game with a kazillion confomation clicks all the time. because then just like when destroying 100 FA buildings it just becomes annoying and looses it's function. you on auto mode just click it away and it becomes pointless and annoying.

I agree, but voted "yes" anyway. Why? Because if it isn't there some people will make the mistake. And if it is, there is really downside other than an extra click for the rest of us. However, I'd prefer Yogi Dave's suggestion be the way it's implemented. By giving us a choice of having the feature or not. Check the "warn when using a sip of clarity" box in your settings and you are protected. Uncheck it and you don't have the extra warning or click. Both of best worlds.... (it's called a "spoonerism" if you want to know, ;)).

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It ain't as rare as displayed, a level 3 spire player will get ~130 sips a year
130 clicks per year seems fine to me for another player who is not a level 3 spire player (99%?) to avoid accidentally wasting something that is much more valuable to them than you or I. Also see next point:
With diamonds (which you can disable)
As @Yogi Dave points out it's a simple matter to add a disable option to this.
[_] Confirm sips of clarity? <---- in settings
or
[_X_] Don't ask again <--- in pop-up warning
If sip gets a confirmation, spells should get a conformation. because you cannot deny spells the same treatent and as sips
Of course they can be treated differently. Roads don't get a warning and buildings do. There are plenty of things that get different treatment in the game, and rightfully so.
just like when destroying 100 FA buildings it just becomes annoying and looses it's function. you on auto mode just click it away and it becomes pointless and annoying.
That confirmation should also be removed, again a simple toggle box [_] Confirm selling of level 1 buildings?