• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Use Confirmation For "Sips of Clarity"

Add a confirmation for Sip of Clarity use

• In Favor

Votes: 43 95.6%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Maybe but Do we want a 1000 toggles to able / disable whatever?

My main point is that I think it would be a waste of dev recources.
forme only a few things need a conformation.

• Anything you actually pay for with real money (read diamonds)
  • Anything that's difficult or near impossible to replace or could potentially take ages (read buildings/ event items)
Your game would not stop when you sip a little bit more than you wanted.
It's annoying at best, but if thats the treshold we need conformation things for everything, and thats what I do not like.
I also do not like an option menu with a kazzillion toggles.

Thats why I stick with no, it's more a precedent thing where I do not want this to be the president for more conformation windows.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I also do not like an option menu with a kazzillion toggles.
reductio ad absurdum
Going from 5 to 6 is not a slippery slope to 1,000 or a kazillion :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Maybe but Do we want a 1000 toggles to able / disable whatever?
1,000? No, let's not be absurd. This gaming community (if you can even call us that) is so disjointed and confrontational that without amending "with a toggle" to most ideas none of them will get anything close to unanimous consent and the devs will ignore the request like 99% of others.
Consider that an idea that will help others might not be worth voting against if it doesn't hurt you since you can simply turn it off.

Unless your complaint has changed to not wanting to make 1 single solitary extra click one time?
[_x_] Don't show this warning again
My main point is that I think it would be a waste of dev recources.
My god how I LOATHE this argument, especially when it comes to 10-minute jobs.
There are a dozen 10-minute jobs that the devs could do that would each make things just a little nicer and the whole QOL would improve making the game overall much smoother for just a couple of hours (total!)of programming.
We'll never get even remotely close to a consensus on how we think the developers should spend their time and even if we did it won't align with their plans anyways. I say argue a features strengths and weaknesses and if it's not an entire overhaul of a system there's very little point in even mentioning where it ranks in your own personal highly subjective ranking of what the devs should work on first.
/endrant
note: this rant isn't entirely directed at you CW. The "dev time" thing just comes up so often that it's meaningless.

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I voted yes, but it was not for the loss of a sip. I had a time instant, UUU and pet food in the same group of recipes. I loaded up the time instant first and hit the sip instead of the time speeder button and lost the UUU and the pet food. The sip I could care less about losing, but the pet food and UUU hurt. I got crap on the new recipes too so added insult to injury. lol

Edited to add : that without a Sip you have to pay diamonds so Sip = diamonds and should really have a conformation IMO.

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

I had a time instant. UUU and pet food in the same group of recipes. I loaded up the time instant first and hit the sip instead of the time speeder button and lost the UUU and the pet food. The sip I could care less about losing, but the pet food and UUU hurt. I got crap on the new recipes too so added insult to injury. lol
BOOM! There it is. I hadn't thought of that, but if I made that mistake, my jaw would drop to the floor in shock, then the rage would begin to rise. Yes, it would be my fault, but I'm good at making mistakes, especially when I'm before coffee or late and I should be sleeping. A conformation isn't a big deal for something I'm planning to just use during an FA.

Fayeanne

Personally, the main reason I think a confirmation would be a good idea is because the current Sips button is huge and green. Believe it or not, I keep getting drawn to it thinking it's the "claim crafted item" button, even though it's offset and isn't centered. If it was smaller and maybe not colored green, it wouldn't be such a mouse magnet.

Ariel Greensleeves

If you use a spell twice on the same building, doesn't it just extend the amount of time? Its not wasted. So not a valid argument.
Honestly, people complain about double checking something? If you want to talk about annoying, how about how many clicks it takes to go through your list of fellows and give each of them 10 KP during a FA? Click the list, click the member, click the AW, click the KP to apply (multiple clicks), click to back out of this menu, click to go to badges, click to collect badge. Go back to member list...repeat. Now THAT's maddening

StarLoad

Just as Diamond confirmations are used the "Sips" need a confirmation as they can be clicked on way to easy and with a small amount of lag and you may use 2 or 3 in just a fraction of a second.

Pros - Will eliminate/reduce accidental use. Will provide greater security to user experience just as with spending Diamonds. Will lessen support tickets for questions about "why my Sips are gone"

Cons - Programming time but if treated as diamonds are it should not be a big issue

Opinions?
Last hour to vote ....just reminding you all.

just used 1 of my 2 sips of clarity by accident. I care more about the item I'm not going to be able to build that was in the list and is no longer, than the sip of clarity that I wasn't planning to use today. So I am very happy that this item is going to be presented to the developers!