• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Useful Ancient Wonders

Mykan

Oh Wise One
On the topic of wonders. Have peoples feeling about the blooming trader devalued? The introduction of the portal provision spells seems to have devalued this somewhat. With the ability to craft the spells I can see some people preferring to skip this wonder, especially if they don't use the trading benefits.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Have peoples feeling about the blooming trader devalued?
Chapters ask you to fill the portal 3.5-12 times, and your level 1 BTG is carrying 6% of that load.
Let's pretend your BTG is doing 10% of the work, and your chapter needs 10 portal fills.
A portal profit building pumps out 25x5% for 125% fill. If you don't perfectly collect from it, you can still easily get 20 from it.

Basically, a single little 2x2 trading post or a 2x3 Elvenade Supply Carriage is better than a level 5 BTG

I think the BTG is now on par with the thrones...:confused:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
A trading post does expire after 50 days, but if they keep them in the events in the future, and if they keep having portal instants in crafting, they're still fairly easy to come by.
Yep. Basically if you choose to spend about 50% of one event getting ~6 trading posts it is like having a level 5 BTG for 6 chapters.
Go all out and get a dozen TP and it's like a level 11 BTG from dwarves all the way through Amuni.9

*estimate

DeletedUser9601

As I mentioned in chat, BTG just feels very undesirable for me as an active player. Given the pace of new chapters, anyone reasonably active in S&D or further now is probably going to hit some downtime where they’ve finished the tech tree.

So every day you spend at the end of the tech tree, BTG is just dead space. To me, that makes it hard to justify leveling it.

DeletedUser12171

On the topic of wonders. Have peoples feeling about the blooming trader devalued? The introduction of the portal provision spells seems to have devalued this somewhat. With the ability to craft the spells I can see some people preferring to skip this wonder, especially if they don't use the trading benefits.

I used to discount the BTG but recently I built it. Guess what for? Not for the guest race production but for the increased wholesaler offer. I use extra supplies to buy T1 unboosted. Currently I buy a total of about 25k T1 goods a day. That is very useful to me in maintaining my tournament performance

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I used to discount the BTG but recently I built it. Guess what for? Not for the guest race production but for the increased wholesaler offer. I use extra supplies to buy T1 unboosted. Currently I buy a total of about 25k T1 goods a day. That is very useful to me in maintaining my tournament performance

I use the wholesaler a lot also
but generally just to burn off excess supplies or coins

if you need the wholesaler to get enough unboosted goods
especially T1
you are obviously in a bad neighborhood
and therefore you need
( stop me if you heard this before)
a better Fellowship

DeletedUser12171

I use the wholesaler a lot also
but generally just to burn off excess supplies or coins

if you need the wholesaler to get enough unboosted goods
especially T1
you are obviously in a bad neighborhood
and therefore you need
( stop me if you heard this before)
a better Fellowship
Haha yes, I see you.

I don't actually lack trading partners. I do have excess supplies. Apart from when I build guest race buildings or unlock tech, I hit the cap several times a day. And I tourney a lot, so any extra goods help

bkbajb

I am in S&D and have built every AW except Enars. To me they all provide important boosts. Some may say that Thrones is a waste, but the extra culture comes in handy. The reason that I have not built Enars is that I have over scouted and will be at the end soon. I also get enough shards from the tournament so to me it would only take up space. To the players that have enough KP so TOS is a waste for them, my question is how upgraded are your AW's? I am working on getting all of mine to level 10/11 before working on the S&D chapter so I need more. Send them my way. :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
To the players that have enough KP so TOS is a waste for them, my question is how upgraded are your AW's? I am working on getting all of mine to level 10/11 before working on the S&D chapter so I need more.

good question
let's see

Tome lvl 7 with 34 extra shards
Abyss 23 / 64
E Excavation 11 / 63
Needles 21 / 24 ( currently focused on upgrading this.. have 430 / 850kp )
M Monastery 16 / 32
Crystal Lighthouse 13 / 42
Watchtower 7 / 61
Thrones 7 / 63
D Bulwark 8 / 31
Mountain Halls 16 / 29
Prostitute Towers 6 / 6
Blooming Trader 13 / 14
Heroes Forge 12 /1
Shrewdy Shrooms 6 / 13
Enar 7/ 5
Flying Academy 6 / 4
Maze lvl 5 2 shards from leveling
Dragon Abbey 6 / 2

currently 3/4 way through halflings

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

What are these extra supplies you speak of?

qaccy

I always hit the supply cap every day even with my productions going full tilt. That's 5/5/5 + troop training. I used to simply let it be but then I figured, if it's going to help me do more in tourney, why not?

What's your city look like overall? I've got 15 fully-upgraded workshops (level 31), which I feel is a lot based on other advanced cities I look at, and even that's barely enough to break even. 6/5/4 on manufactories, 6 armories, and of course constantly training troops puts my daily supply costs at anywhere from 650k to 1840k (depending on what I'm training), while I produce around 1480k on average with a minimum 125% culture bonus (this is including AWs and event buildings).

T1 production is ~26k per day
T2 production is ~84k per day
T3 production is ~251k per day
Armory production is ~288k per day
Training Grounds can run 8.13 training slots per day, costing up to ~618k (but could be as little as 0 if I'm training Orcs)
Mercenary Camp can run 11.5 slots per day, costing ~876k
Barracks can run 15.65 slots per day, costing ~1190k

It really depends on what I'm training. I tend to favor my Barracks though because of its speed, and the units perform well enough compared to their specialized counterparts in all tournaments except for Marble, Planks, and Magic Dust, where Blossom Mages, Orc Strategists, and Cerberus respectively all perform much better than Priests, Mortars, and Barbarians that it's worth the slower training speed to recruit them instead.

It could be argued that I could increase the levels of my Endless Excavation and/or Prosperity Towers, but I've also got plenty of supply instants to cover me for a good while as I continue increasing my Flying Academy, Victory Springs, and Needles of the Tempest instead (level 30 in about a week!). Maybe my priorities will change if they ever introduce instants for troops!

DeletedUser12171

What's your city look like overall?

5/5/5, 4 armories. I have 6 magic workshops, that's all i have. Magic workshops are the most amazing magic building you can get. I just run PoP on them (get loads from tournaments) and they fill my supply cap always. of course, EE and PT help too but I think I could probably do without them.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
What's your city look like overall? I've got 15 fully-upgraded workshops (level 31), which I feel is a lot based on other advanced cities I look at, and even that's barely enough to break even. 6/5/4 on manufactories, 6 armories, and of course constantly training troops puts my daily supply costs at anywhere from 650k to 1840k (depending on what I'm training), while I produce around 1480k on average with a minimum 125% culture bonus (this is including AWs and event buildings).

It really depends on what I'm training. I tend to favor my Barracks though because of its speed, and the units perform well enough compared to their specialized counterparts in all tournaments except for Marble, Planks, and Magic Dust, where Blossom Mages, Orc Strategists, and Cerberus respectively all perform much better than Priests, Mortars, and Barbarians that it's worth the slower training speed to recruit them instead.

It could be argued that I could increase the levels of my Endless Excavation and/or Prosperity Towers, but I've also got plenty of supply instants to cover me for a good while as I continue increasing my Flying Academy, Victory Springs, and Needles of the Tempest instead (level 30 in about a week!). Maybe my priorities will change if they ever introduce instants for troops!

I'm probably a chapter or two behind you, but still it seems odd you have supply problems.
My goods are 4/4/3 and I have 5 workshops
I only have 2 Armories well 2 1/2 really because i have a lvl 4 or 5 that gives me enough boost so that each training slot produces a full squad.
I run pretty much constant training but like Random I bleed supplies in the wholesaler at least once a day.
Now I don't do math the way guys like you and Soggy like to. So maybe the difference is my AWs. Also there's what I get from visits and scouting.
But still, 15 lvl 31 WS? Maybe you should run PoP spells?

qaccy

@mucksterme Try running 92-minute training slots that're equal to 1.7 squads apiece and see what that does to your supply stock. :p As I outlined, my Barracks requires twice the cost of my total manufactory and armory productions to run 24/7, and it's the building I use the most for training troops.

However, I didn't say I had supply issues; only that my city tends to run in the red on its own. I've been running like this for quite some time, because I've still got 1046% of my capacity available in instants for when I run out. I use PoP spells more for mana than I do for the supply boost because even with technically negative production, the strain isn't really that heavy.

Between coins and supplies, I'm more interested in staying positive with coins because those can be used to purchase KP.