• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Username

Aritra

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no," but thought I'd ask just in case...
Is it possible to change your username/player name?
If no, then to do so would I need to sign up again from scratch, or would it even let me if using the same email?
It's not critical, of course, but if I could I probably would. My name was chosen kind of on the spot when I signed up (wasn't prepared with one and didn't put off starting so I could think on it a long while). It's fine to keep; I just don't love it.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The only time I've ever heard of support helping you with a name change is if the name is 'offensive' (definitely not yours, lol) or if you used a portion of your real life name without due consideration. It wouldn't hurt to submit a ticket; worst they can do is say no.

Aritra

... or if you used a portion of your real life name without due consideration.
Lol I could say that's my real name (they don't know the difference). It is a "real" name, just not mine. ;)
I'm not going to do that.
First, I'm aware someone who's somebody will see this admission (lol), and second, it's not true and I know it. Haha

Iyapo1

@Aritra

You could always just say you chose it in haste and as it is hindi you feel uncomfortable casually appropriating it.

Aritra

@Aritra

You could always just say you chose it in haste and as it is hindi you feel uncomfortable casually appropriating it.
1) How do you know I am or am not appropriating it? ;) Just because I'm in the US forum... lol
2) I don't understand the whole appropriating controversy. I like the name; so what? I liked it so much I used it as a character name in a novel I'm working on (which is why it was on my mind then). Why does it matter if I'm not hindi?
I know we don't want to turn this into a controversy thread, but since you brought it up... I like the name and hope no one is offended that I chose it, or want to change it. I still love the name. Just second guessing my choice of it as my Elvenar avatar.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I am personally quite offended whenever I hear somebody who is not Basque, as I am, named "Bob." "Bob" is a Basque name and appropriating "Bob" just sucks. If you are not Basque, I might add, "Betty," "Martha," "Pete," "William," "Bill" and about a thousand other names are Basque names as well. In fact, just so we are clear, the entire English language, names and all, is Basque. So let's just stop all the appropriating and be silent. Unless you are Basque, of course, then do as I do and keep on speaking. You have to use English of course. Or French. Or German. Or Chinese. Or whatever language you wish but only if you are Basque since all languages are Basque in the first place! Just thought I'd let yo know!

AJ

Aritra

If you are that concerned, you should be able to delete your account (everything, all cities on all servers) and sign up again with the same email.
You delete via goodby.elvenar.com
I, probably, maybe, would change my name if I could. However, I doubt I'd care enough to go this far, but thanks for the FYI.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Lol I could say that's my real name (they don't know the difference). It is a "real" name, just not mine. ;)
I'm not going to do that.
First, I'm aware someone who's somebody will see this admission (lol), and second, it's not true and I know it. Haha
You would probably have to prove it, so yeah, you're doing the right thing. :) I remember trying to convince the largest social media (you know which one) that my name was Freedom Elf. They didn't buy it and insisted that I submit my driver's license. I wound up having to use my real name. There are lots of people on that use different names, and they can go on happily doing it for years, but the moment someone reports you for anything, simply because they don't like you, then suddenly you need your driver's license copy. Argh. I'm glad it's not that way here. Darielle is definitely not my real name. I always loved the sea and the name Arielle, but the kids told me that I was a daredevil mom, and it should be "Darielle," hence the name, lol.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I'm pretty sure the answer is "no," but thought I'd ask just in case...
Is it possible to change your username/player name?
If no, then to do so would I need to sign up again from scratch, or would it even let me if using the same email?
It's not critical, of course, but if I could I probably would. My name was chosen kind of on the spot when I signed up (wasn't prepared with one and didn't put off starting so I could think on it a long while). It's fine to keep; I just don't love it.

At this time, name changes are only done when the name is considered obscene, if it contains the players full first and last name, email address or a very limited number of other circumstances. If you'd like to see if your name can be changed, please contact support and they will be happy to help you out.