• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Using Elvenarchitect Tips, Techniques and Observations

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
A lot of players use this wonderful resource. A few years ago, when it first came out I found it difficult and nearly impossible to use. But then, a year or so later I went back for a new review. It's not the original and it's very, very useful.

The original had me putting all my buildings in manually. Yuk! Now you can go to elvenstats and export your city directly to elvenarchitect. No need to place all those buildings manually. That, by itself, is wonderful and makes the site so much more useful.

Here are some other things I like about it.
1) The report feature lets you see how much pop and culture you have -- as well as a lot of other things. AND how much you would have if you upgraded/added/removed or otherwise changed things.
2) You can save a string and pass it on to another player so they can look at your city, their city, slomow's city or any other player's city. AND if you like, you can "redo" their city to show them how to improve it -- I use it for training so those "layout challenged" players can learn some of my techniques for having a very efficient city.
3) If you right click on a building you can copy it, paste it, change it's level, change it's evolving level, upgrade it, downgrade it and even, yep, sell it. I once had an Igloo Festival in my city and a second in my storage. I could have gone to "build" at the bottom of the elvenarchitect screen and searched through the 56 pages of event buildings to find it, but I just clicked on the one I had already placed and made a copy. I then adjusted that copy to the right level and I was done. (I do wish the event buildings were in alphabetical order rather than the order of their introduction, I can never remember when I got what).
4) Upgrading streets all to the same level is easy with the macro that does that. It's nice to know how much culture I'll have if I do that simple thing...and therefore how many culture only buildings I no longer need. Sweet.
5) Street or no street? You can turn the color of buildings that need no street to white and therefore, as you lay things out, know how to group all those no street needed buildings together and get rid of unneeded roads. The only exception is the builders hut, which remains black for some reason (perhaps because it can't be deleted?).
6) You don't need space to move things. All the buildings can be set to the side of your city while you re-arrange. In the game this is impossible and if you need space to move things and don't have it, it's "good bye" to a building or spend a teleport spell. And while, once you arrange things in elvenarchitect using the storage space at the outside of the city, you might not be able to do the same in your actual city, in general you will find using elvenarchitect you find more space you didn't know you had.
7) Speaking of which, you can see the hidden space you didn't know you had. Those 2-3-4 block things hidden in the game behind your Main Hall, your Armory or where ever are easily seen and that means you can do more.

Well those are seven things I like about elvenarchitect. All of them have to do with building layout and that's only one of the five things offered. There's also a battle calculator, training calculator, research calculator and knowledge point calculator. I've not use these so I don't know how good they are, but if they were even half as good as the city planner they would be useful, indeed.

What's your tip, technique, like or dislike?

AJ

Deleted User - 3932582

I once had an Igloo Festival in my city and a second in my storage. I could have gone to "build" at the bottom of the elvenarchitect screen and searched through the 56 pages of event buildings to find it...
Or you could have, you know, just typed 3-4 letters into the search box at the bottom and filter 56 pages into 1-2 items on the list right away...

LayDHawk

A lot of players use this wonderful resource. A few years ago, when it first came out I found it difficult and nearly impossible to use. But then, a year or so later I went back for a new review. It's not the original and it's very, very useful.

The original had me putting all my buildings in manually. Yuk! Now you can go to elvenstats and export your city directly to elvenarchitect. No need to place all those buildings manually. That, by itself, is wonderful and makes the site so much more useful.

Here are some other things I like about it.
1) The report feature lets you see how much pop and culture you have -- as well as a lot of other things. AND how much you would have if you upgraded/added/removed or otherwise changed things.
2) You can save a string and pass it on to another player so they can look at your city, their city, slomow's city or any other player's city. AND if you like, you can "redo" their city to show them how to improve it -- I use it for training so those "layout challenged" players can learn some of my techniques for having a very efficient city.
3) If you right click on a building you can copy it, paste it, change it's level, change it's evolving level, upgrade it, downgrade it and even, yep, sell it. I once had an Igloo Festival in my city and a second in my storage. I could have gone to "build" at the bottom of the elvenarchitect screen and searched through the 56 pages of event buildings to find it, but I just clicked on the one I had already placed and made a copy. I then adjusted that copy to the right level and I was done. (I do wish the event buildings were in alphabetical order rather than the order of their introduction, I can never remember when I got what).
4) Upgrading streets all to the same level is easy with the macro that does that. It's nice to know how much culture I'll have if I do that simple thing...and therefore how many culture only buildings I no longer need. Sweet.
5) Street or no street? You can turn the color of buildings that need no street to white and therefore, as you lay things out, know how to group all those no street needed buildings together and get rid of unneeded roads. The only exception is the builders hut, which remains black for some reason (perhaps because it can't be deleted?).
6) You don't need space to move things. All the buildings can be set to the side of your city while you re-arrange. In the game this is impossible and if you need space to move things and don't have it, it's "good bye" to a building or spend a teleport spell. And while, once you arrange things in elvenarchitect using the storage space at the outside of the city, you might not be able to do the same in your actual city, in general you will find using elvenarchitect you find more space you didn't know you had.
7) Speaking of which, you can see the hidden space you didn't know you had. Those 2-3-4 block things hidden in the game behind your Main Hall, your Armory or where ever are easily seen and that means you can do more.

Well those are seven things I like about elvenarchitect. All of them have to do with building layout and that's only one of the five things offered. There's also a battle calculator, training calculator, research calculator and knowledge point calculator. I've not use these so I don't know how good they are, but if they were even half as good as the city planner they would be useful, indeed.

What's your tip, technique, like or dislike?

AJ
ElvenStats, elven architect within this site, is the best tool for configuring your city I use it often. for the best layout in anticipation/planning for the next chapter and the creator/creators do all of this for FREE so I've donated a couple of times. while you are in the city you want to change open a new tab to Elvenstats and move whatever and then switch tabs back and forth. dont forget to refresh your view in elvenstats for each change. so plan on, move on :)

NightshadeCS

I also love the macro to sell all streets. This is great when doing a big rearrange so that you don't have to move all those 1x1 tiles.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
ElvenStats, elven architect within this site, is the best tool for configuring your city I use it often. for the best layout in anticipation/planning for the next chapter and the creator/creators do all of this for FREE so I've donated a couple of times. while you are in the city you want to change open a new tab to Elvenstats and move whatever and then switch tabs back and forth. dont forget to refresh your view in elvenstats for each change. so plan on, move on :)

Yeah, we want to keep these places going and while it may not cost a lot, there are costs involved. Donate if you can. I did.

I also love the macro to sell all streets. This is great when doing a big rearrange so that you don't have to move all those 1x1 tiles.

Never thought of this as an idea. It has a macro that says, "fill all the space with streets" so you can sort of undo the "sell all streets" once you are done. Great tip!

AJ