• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Using supplies to buy KPs

Raccon

Just as it is the case with coins, there are times when your supplies exceed the main hall's max capacity and you have to spend them somewhere.
We can use coins, supplies and boosted goods to buy other goods at the wholeseller.
Similarly, we can use coins, boosted goods and diamonds to buy KPs, with the exception of supplies.
Pros: It would be helpful to be able to buy KPs with supplies as well. It gives an extra option as to where to spend your excess supplies to buy something that is needed most.
Cons: Making changes in the game would take the development team time and effort to implement it.
Game play cons: I'm not sure how negatively this would affect the game play. Any suggestions?

Yogi Dave

Oh, I can really get behind this one. I always buy KP when my coins overflow and cringe when my hammers do the same. I hate the cheating, thieving wholesaler (spits on ground). I also hate having to drop what I'm doing to go to the trader to see the cheating, thieving wholesaler (spits on ground) instead of being able to click into the buy KP dialog which you can do in many places.

defiantoneks

i rarely have too many supplies. keep the 3 training facilities running top speed and they vanish quick.

edit: oh and, make orcs. and more orcs. and more.

Yogi Dave

i rarely have too many supplies. keep the 3 training facilities running top speed and they vanish quick.

I keep all training facilities running (queue last over 20h for each of them), have 11 chapter 19 level armories running on 12h builds, have over 300 million T goods, yet am still daily going to the ... well, I won't repeat its name.

defiantoneks

hm. well, i might guess you have a ton of WS running. but that's a guess.
i must admit i lean toward "no" on the suggestion. having too many coins is a byproduct of necessary residences and neighborly visits, while having too many supplies is (sometimes? usually?) because you've chosen to create them. so, would it give an advantage to those who play that way? hmm. of course the cost would escalate like coin purchases do, so not sure it would really be super-impactful that way.

Yogi Dave

Only 4 magic ones, but a couple are spelled since spelling them gives me lots of mana. I'm probably going to reduce it to 3 to have more room for my guest's village I also reduced my houses to only 7 magic ones from the 10 I had while waiting for ch 19 to start. Admittedly, my play style does not follow the norm, whatever that means.
of course the cost would escalate like coin purchases do, so not sure it would really be super-impactful that way.
I've always used coins to buy KP. No matter what, it stays at about 3% of what the MH would hold. It cost me 4645k coins for 1KP, but my MH holds 138m, so that's 3.3% of it. It's gone up from the 3% due to using coins to quick start a bunch of ch 19 techs.

If they let supplies buy KP and they started at the same cost for everyone, just imagine how many KP I could buy with my MH holding 13.8m hammers compared to someone who just did the 1st MH upgrade in chapter 2. Their cap is 48K. That is 0.3% of mine, which is 3333 times theirs. That is where the problem comes in. Unless Inno made the initial amount dependent on the MH cap when they enabled this feature, it would be totally unfair. Without that, I have to change my mind about being for the change.

defiantoneks

i would assume that it would be a % just like coin. otherwise people would jump chapters and boost supplies just to speed through, not just offload extras

Yogi Dave

Coins is not a %. It starts at, I think, 500 coins. Then it grows by 500 coins each time it is used. So, I've used it a lot in going on 5 years.

Raccon

i must admit i lean toward "no" on the suggestion. having too many coins is a byproduct of necessary residences and neighborly visits, while having too many supplies is (sometimes? usually?) because you've chosen to create them.
You forgot that fellowship visits and neighbourly visits (and yes, they are important) gives tons of extra supplies and coins and that's where most my surplus coin and supply come from.
You ain't implying that we should stop fellowship and neighborly visits to keep our coin and supplies leveled?
Fellowshop and neighbourly visits are important part of the game after all.

defiantoneks

nope. not saying that. honestly, of all the people i play with in two worlds/fellowships, having too many supplies occurs so rarely i couldnt even say i've believed it necessary to have a long term fix. i occasionally have a run of supplies, but load up the military training and do an upgrade here and there and POOF theyre gone.

Raccon

keep the 3 training facilities running top speed and they vanish quick.

I am training troops and orcs nonstop, update buildings etc.. and still during every neighbourly vists I have to visit the trader because of surplus supplies. Same happens with coins, but there is a choice with coins and instead of buying what I don't need from the trader I buy KPs.

defiantoneks

I also hate having to drop what I'm doing to go to the trader to see the cheating, thieving wholesaler (spits on ground) instead of being able to click into the buy KP dialog which you can do in many places.

i actually suggested a while back (July?) but no one cared to discuss or advance it… having the same menu bar at the bottom at all times, so if youre doing visits and hit the coin cap, you should be able to click directly to the trader rather than back out to home, find trader, exchange, go back to the map, relocate where you were visiting, wash rinse repeat. not your whole issue i know, but possibly a factor in the frustration.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
nope. not saying that. honestly, of all the people i play with in two worlds/fellowships, having too many supplies occurs so rarely i couldnt even say i've believed it necessary to have a long term fix. i occasionally have a run of supplies, but load up the military training and do an upgrade here and there and POOF theyre gone.
I used to always be short of supplies. Then around chapter 14, I think, things started changing. (Maybe 15 but I think 14). I put out four magic workshops that I have constant PoP spells on, and got rid of my regular workshops. The prosperity towers not only gives me additional supplies, but those PoPs last for 16 hours at a time, so that's useful. I always get 100s of PoP in the tourney, so it doesn't hurt.

Now, I have to use the wholesaler every day or else I would just be overflowing in supplies. Of course, I'm not heavily into fighting as Yogi is, so I only have 4 leveled armories currently. I cater about half the time. Then again, I probably need as many supplies to cater as others would need to train troops. I've been thinking about adding another armory or two, but the DB acts as an additional armory, or so they say, and I have that with a fair amount of leveling on it.

I guess that all means that every player is different. :)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
you actually can use yor supplies for kp... its called tourney! Use those supplie to raise an army. Fight and win yourself a ton of kp!

Yogi Dave

you actually can use yor supplies for kp... its called tourney! Use those supplie to raise an army. Fight and win yourself a ton of kp!
I keep all training facilities running (queue last over 20h for each of them), have 11 chapter 19 level armories running on 12h builds, have over 300 million T goods, yet am still daily going to the ...
My tourney avg. hovers around or over 10k. So, tourney is not a solution for me.
I am training troops and orcs nonstop, update buildings etc.. and still during every neighbourly vists I have to visit the trader because of surplus supplies. Same happens with coins, but there is a choice with coins and instead of buying what I don't need from the trader I buy KPs.
Without having as much as I have, there are lots of people keeping their training queues up and running that go to the trader. It is so very easy to generate more supplies than needed most days, but you need most of them and more some days. Which means teleporting is not a solution either. The only way I can think of it to let the workshops lie idle, but that's not a solution.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I always wondered why that option wasn't there anyway. I agree this would be a positive to offer. I can see the cost escalating quickly, so realistically I don't know how long it would be useful for. That's possibly short sighted on my part.

Sprite1313

I don’t have as many armories as Dave, but I keep my five full-leveled armories going with 12 hours runs, and always have my three troop buildings going. I don’t use the wholesaler, but I use a LOT of time instants to speed through troops productions to burn off supplies every day. Unfortunately, that isn’t fully sustainable, no matter how many time instants we get. I would love to have the option to use those supplies on KPs, instead. I hate using the stupid wholesaler. I try to only do that when an event quest requires it.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
My tourney avg. hovers around or over 10k. So, tourney is not a solution for me.

Without having as much as I have, there are lots of people keeping their training queues up and running that go to the trader. It is so very easy to generate more supplies than needed most days, but you need most of them and more some days. Which means teleporting is not a solution either. The only way I can think of it to let the workshops lie idle, but that's not a solution.

im curious how you manage such a tourney score through fighting while still having so many extra supplies. Please elaborate.
Im personally running a lvl 30 Needles for increased training speed and the bulwark/shrooms/4 armories for increased training size.
I also run 10 max level workshops and a lvl 11 Prosperity towers.
I usually get around 3k tourney and full spire every single week. (Im at the start of woodelves.)
But im almost always short on supplies. Or at the very least, not overflowing with them. The only time i might be overflowing is if im running PoP enchantments. And if thats the case i can them pump the extra supplies into the training grounds or merc camp since im normally not training with those two.

Granted, i could run PoP's more often. But i usually need supplies in bulk. I can keep up.. ish.. with supplies day to day, (doing barracks, orcs, t1,2,3 goods) but never nearing overflow. Even with 100% boost in training speed from the needles, and my fire phoenix, and a dwarven armoror, my training amount is still a little less then my losses week to week. I usually sit at around 200 squads of each unit in the barracks. But each week it will dwindel down a little bit. So every 2 months or so ill have to do a mass retraining. - Ill use the brown bears 50% training bonus and the ton of time instats won in the spire and retrain all my units at once (single pet food used that way). But thats waaaaaay more supplies then one could produce in 12h, so i have to use the supply instants i try to make in the MA or get in the spire to do that.

And it works for the last year or two, iv had no major issues in doing it that way. Iv maintained ~3k tourney and full spire every single week. But im nearly never at a point of overflowing supplies. And certainly never at a point where i would consider using them in the trader. And again, thats with 10 max level ws's and a lvl 11 prosperity tower. - So im very curiouse your stratagey for mlitary and your city build where your able to fight a 10k tourney and have massive extra supplies...

Yogi Dave

im curious how you manage such a tourney score through fighting while still having so many extra supplies
Magic? Well, partially since it's only magic workshops, 3, and houses, 7, in my city. I'm good at fighting, but there is a lot that goes with that with maxing AWs, especially the sanctuary. My SimSap is level 31 so gives a bonus of 42% of my training size. (Training size is 44.5k troops per stack) That's almost as good as the brown bear, except it is active all the time. I do keep my 3 magic workshops spelled now. With over 5k of them and getting more each tourney seems like it will go far and I can always bring some back to the city if push comes to shove, especially when I finish ch 19. I use a good number of 5d buildings, but they last for 2 tourneys since my TW and polar bear give me a 0-cool down period. The past 2 tourneys I did go a bit heavy with 1 DA, 3 UUUs, 3 ELRs, and 2 MMMs. That's really only 5 buildings a week (I count a DA as 2 buildings). I have 51 5d building in my inventory and that stays about the same, so using that many is sustainable. When my stacks in the 3 buildings begin to drop below 400, I use my 2 brown bears which with SimSap make my troop bonus 142%, but that's less than once a month and only ends up with my MH being light on hammers for a day or 2. I keep my expired 5d buildings in the city to sell for the hammers and coins when I use the bears. The only goods I buy in the trader are silk and dust since they are my lowest good stash of around 15m each. I waste hammers on just buying 2 or 3 of them most days instead of spreading it out over the other goods. I mean, how does getting 25k from the trader help when you have over 40m of a good?

At this very moment I'm low on hammers because I upgraded 10 guest buildings (used some time instants) today which cost 1.7m hammers each. Keeping the 3 trainers busy and 11 armories on 12h builds means I won't be going to the trader today. With the upgrading going on at the moment, I won't be needing the trader for a day or two. Probably the same next weekend. As to how I end up with too many hammers. Maybe that I only have 4 total T1-T3 building to feed helps. So, I don't really know, but it's not new to me. It's been that way since I started the game 5y ago.