• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Using supplies to buy KPs

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Whats your city name? Id like to take a look at it on architect.

Well, partially since it's only magic workshops, 3
I do keep my 3 magic workshops spelled now. With over 5k of them and getting more each tourney seems like it will go far
Well magic workshops are about double production of a regular ws iir. And a PoP on top of that would be even more effective. My current PoP is +245%. That on my normal ws is great. On top of a ws that made double... that would be something to see lol. But yea, that would add up a good bit of supplies.
I have 3 magic workshops in inventory right now. I havnt placed them yet because of the higher population requirements. Im ever so slowly gaining a few magic residences from spire over the many months. That will help with population. I also finished a lvl 30 golden abyss and am working on a lvl 22 mountain halls.

My SimSap is level 31 so gives a bonus of 42% of my training size. (Training size is 44.5k troops per stack)
I hadnt noticed that effect. Im no where near far enough to have it yet. But i will certainly be looking forward to it. That and the time warp.

The past 2 tourneys I did go a bit heavy with 1 DA, 3 UUUs, 3 ELRs, and 2 MMMs. That's really only 5 buildings a week (I count a DA as 2 buildings). I have 51 5d building in my inventory and that stays about the same, so using that many is sustainable.
Not sure how you can maintain that. At the same time, im also not sure how i cant maintain it.. A good while back i decided to use the expiring military buildings i had that were storing up. I used one light ranged, one mage, and two health each week. But i eventually ran out after a few months. - Which is odd because i always make those buildings when i find them in the MA. Youd think it would keep up with only using 1 a week...

I use my 2 brown bears
i do wish i had realized that was an option back when evolving buildings first started. I would so love a second fire phoenix or brown bear...
I use my 2 brown bears which with SimSap make my troop bonus 142%
That would certainly make a difference for me. I only have 1 brown bear and not anywhere near far enough to unlock simi aw.

The only goods I buy in the trader are silk and dust since they are my lowest good stash of around 15m each. I waste hammers on just buying 2 or 3 of them most days instead of spreading it out over the other goods. I mean, how does getting 25k from the trader help when you have over 40m of a good?
Trade em? I always go for the lowest cost first. I start with t2 goods since im usually lowest on them. But then ill move to the other lower costing ones before returning to t2's second round.

Yogi Dave

Whats your city name? Id like to take a look at it on architect.
For ElvenStats, I'm Yogi Dave on Winyandor. FS is Fresh Air with Coffee.
Well magic workshops are about double production of a regular ws
A magic workshop produces 1.8 normal one, but only requires 1.3 the pop. So, 5 magic equals 9 normal giving back the space of 4 and pop will be reduced by 2.5 normal workshops. If you ditched 3 normal ones and replaced them with 2 magic, you will have more supplies (60% of a normal one) and save pop. (40% of a normal one). You don't need to wait to get more pop 1st. You will have more pop, supplies, and space after the change.
Not sure how you can maintain that. At the same time, im also not sure how i cant maintain it..
5d buildings: One thing I do is to always use instants to build any building I want in the MA. If you are crafting or have not collected a crafted building when the recipes roll, there won't be a building that round in the MA. Sometimes I get them back to back as a result. Now, here is where real magic comes in and it's best read about here in Shenanigan Elves Holiday Gift Guide. When I did that post, Dec. 21, I had 43 in inventory. It's now up to 52 (I got another just an hour ago).

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
A magic workshop produces 1.8 normal one, but only requires 1.3 the pop. So, 5 magic equals 9 normal giving back the space of 4 and pop will be reduced by 2.5 normal workshops. If you ditched 3 normal ones and replaced them with 2 magic, you will have more supplies (60% of a normal one) and save pop. (40% of a normal one). You don't need to wait to get more pop 1st. You will have more pop, supplies, and space after the change.
Aside from not solving all my population concerns in the big picture, there is the little bit ocd that comes into play. I mentally like the idea of having 10 workshops. I could even for 5 if i ever reached that point. But off number like 3 or 7 would bother me to no end; even if production was better.
So i have 3 magic workshops in inventory now. If i ever reach 5, i might try that. But that may be a long way off. Those 3 ws came from spire; second floor boss 5% chest. Iv gotten 3 over the entire time iv been doing spire. So im not expecting two more any time soon.

Right now im able to have all my military buildings and workshops at max level. As such my t1,2,3 factories are under leveled. So im using the magic residences i win along with powering up my GA and MH all for more pop so i can get everything maxed out. (Im sure itll all ghance next chapter... but at least for a moment i can be happy about it.)

Yogi Dave

@Dominionofgod, everyone should play the game the way they want to, or what's the point? It ceases to be a game. I give ideas and opinions, but it's always your game. Mainly I was answering your question as to how I do it. 3 and 7 are odd, but they work for me in my city.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@Dominionofgod, everyone should play the game the way they want to, or what's the point? It ceases to be a game. I give ideas and opinions, but it's always your game. Mainly I was answering your question as to how I do it. 3 and 7 are odd, but they work for me in my city.
Of course. I wasnt criticizing or anything of the sort. - For a while i was one of the smaller citys in my fs but was doing one of the higher scores in tourney every week. Due to the way i specifically built my city. So i when i ppl that talk about being able to do even better, i always ask about there set ups and strategy. Never know when i might find something i could use/do to improve what i already have. - In this case your just massively farther ahead in chapters then me. So some of what youve done, im not capable of yet.
The ws's tho will be interesting when ever the day comes where i can get/place 5 of them. That will be a nice chunk of extra room too.

Yogi Dave

When I studied the values and saw the 5 for 9, the workshops were 20 sq., so that returned 80 sq to use in my city.

Yogi Dave

What about just using time boosters to speed train troops whenever you have extra supplies? That's my preferred method of burning off excess supplies.
I tend to do that when I have my brown bears placed since I burn through months worth of time instants that I've been saving from the spire. That seems a better time to use time and supply instants. Feeding the hammers to the wholesaler isn't the problem. I'd rather have KP as the outlet for them. This thread is about using them to buy KP which I've derailed it from for a while. Sorry about that @Raccon.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Feeding the hammers to the wholesaler isn't the problem. I'd rather have KP as the outlet for them. This thread is about using them to buy KP which I've derailed it from for a while. Sorry about that @Raccon.
I suspect if excess supplies COULD be used to buy KP with, many advanced players would drop an extra magic workshop in their cities just to mine KP with. You could make quite a few excess supplies with an extra magic WS. Especially if you have Prosperity Towers and you keep it enchanted. It might be abusable.

Sprite1313

I suspect if excess supplies COULD be used to buy KP with, many advanced players would drop an extra magic workshop in their cities just to mine KP with. You could make quite a few excess supplies with an extra magic WS. Especially if you have Prosperity Towers and you keep it enchanted. It might be abusable.
I like the way you think ;)

Raccon

Yep, it's alrwady being done with excess coins from the highly popular golden abyss AW ;)

More advaced players have higher level golden abyss = higher coin surplus = more KP! I don't blame them if they played long enough to higher the level of their golden abyss and now they can buy more KPs with their surplus coins.

Newer players would definitely reach to that point too, no body is stealing the bread off their table!

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I am typically running with 5 Workshops (2 are magic) all with power of provision active 24x7. My culture bonus is between 300 and 350% since the last move. I need to do 3 rounds of purchases of all 9 standard goods every day - 10 workshops would be ridiculous. Over time, the number of workshops decrease. It is the nature of the game. I am in chapter 19.

My AWs are not very high for chapter 19, but I think the key item to driving performance is neighborly help and culture bonus. Fewer workshops is fewer residences giving more room for other things of value. I think if we could use supplies for KP, it would depend on price. Right now, I spend a lot of coins on KPs and never use those coins for goods. if both were good for both, I suspect I would buy more KPs, but I don't think it would make much difference is strategy of play.

Last edited:

Momonar

im curious how you manage such a tourney score through fighting while still having so many extra supplies. Please elaborate.
Im personally running a lvl 30 Needles for increased training speed and the bulwark/shrooms/4 armories for increased training size.
I also run 10 max level workshops and a lvl 11 Prosperity towers.
I usually get around 3k tourney and full spire every single week. (Im at the start of woodelves.)

Supply production is fairly well balanced through the early chapters, but they started to lag in the elvenar and embassies chapters, so in the traders chapter there was a rebalancing of workshop production (seems like the supplies per square per day nearly doubled, not sure what the actual change was). Most people in the traders, team spirit, and now the last chapter needed more space, so the additional workshop production allowed for cities to produce less supplies to free up the space for the settlement requirements. However, when freeing up the space, the unintended consequence was an increase in unused culture which led to a higher than usual culture bonus to coin and supply production which ends up leading to overflowing supplies (even at 12 mil supply storage). The increase in troop training rate (even with high level wonders) was more linear (a few percent per wonder level), so even running 24/7 training at barracks, training grounds, and merc camp will not dent the supplies supply.
(ex: it costs 600k supplies to train 5 stacks of archers in a little over 9 hours, 1 magic workshop with POP produces 900k supplies in 9 hours. 2 magic workshops with POP is all that is required to maintain max troop training. The occasional "extra" 3 hour production is excess when it happens).

So while I didn't see overflowing supplies much in the lower chapters, in the later chapters it is more likely.

To compensate in the lower chapters, you do need to always POP your workshops (winning enough from the tourney to keep supplied), and of course, do events and craft supply instants as much as you can. Generally, I needed 10 max level workshops (regular) to keep up in the lower levels (which is about 5 magic workshops).

Anyway, I am in favor of the allow supplies to be used to buy KP.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
there was a rebalancing of workshop production
Very informative post about how the workshops increase production in later chapters; just a few corrections ;)
The base rate of workshop production has the largest jump in production when going from lvl 33 (max Ch14-Constructs) to lvl 34 (first lvl available in Ch15-The Elvenar). According to Wiki, it's 4530/hr at lvl 33 and 12,000/hr at lvl 34. At max Ch15 (lvl 34) it's 13,000/hr. There is a jump in Ch16-Embassies (lvl 35) to 18,000/hr, but the big rebalancing occurs in Ch15: The Elvenar.
It does continue to increase with every level thereafter (as usual), but by lvl 39 (max Ch17-Traders), it's 23,700/hr, a bit less than twice the amount of lvl 34, (in 5 upgrades across 3 chapters, from 34-39). That's less than the 2.6x jump it has in one upgrade lvl from 33-34.
Ch14-Constructs Magic Workshops are 8100/hr and Ch15-The Elvenar are 23,000/hr.
Main Hall lvl 39 (max Ch17) has a max supplies storage of 8mil and a max coin storage of 80mil I hate having to count the zeros to get that correct; I've been proven wrong about figures like those in the past, so I might be off here as well; me & counting zeros just don't get along, lol! The Wiki shows it as 80,000k coins/8000K supplies, so I *think* I counted correctly.

Momonar

Thanks for the data samido! I knew there was a big jump, but didn't remember where it happened exactly.
Does the wiki have the workshop size in squares for each chapter so that the hourly rate can be normalized to supplies per hour per square?

Last edited:

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
(ex: it costs 600k supplies to train 5 stacks of archers in a little over 9 hours, 1 magic workshop with POP produces 900k supplies in 9 hours. 2 magic workshops with POP is all that is required to maintain max troop training. The occasional "extra" 3 hour production is excess when it happens).

So while I didn't see overflowing supplies much in the lower chapters, in the later chapters it is more likely.

To compensate in the lower chapters, you do need to always POP your workshops (winning enough from the tourney to keep supplied), and of course, do events and craft supply instants as much as you can. Generally, I needed 10 max level workshops (regular) to keep up in the lower levels (which is about 5 magic workshops).

At the start of woodelves, im running 10 workshops and dont rly keep up over the long run. Tho im not using PoP all the time. - I look forward to the day of training my whole military with one or two workshops lol

Iyapo1

I am also in woodelves but I cater. I have 4 workshops at the moment all magical. POP spells as available, usually 5 days a week and a sad sorry lv 6 PT. I run through supply instants if I blast the spire in one day but if I spread it out over 3 or 4 I dont need them. I hit the Wholesaler on average 3 times a day to burn supplies, if I could buy kp with supplies I would throw down a few more workshops and dance!

I have a lv 30 BTG so the wholesaler is kinder to me.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
and a sad sorry lv 6 PT
I've been warned by 3 different higher chap players not to go to crazytown with my PT bc apparently there's a supply excess due to late chapter workshops making tons of tools. These are high tourney players with massive troop needs so I'm going to give their advice a listen. I've left mine at 12 since I got warned and sparkling more.

Iyapo1

I've been warned by 3 different higher chap players not to go to crazytown with my PT bc apparently there's a supply excess due to late chapter workshops making tons of tools.
I see it but then my brain translates it into
"Due to the massive excess of supplies made by late chapter workshops you can run your city off one or two magic workshops if you go crazytown on your PT."

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I've been warned by 3 different higher chap players not to go to crazytown with my PT bc apparently there's a supply excess due to late chapter workshops making tons of tools. These are high tourney players with massive troop needs so I'm going to give their advice a listen. I've left mine at 12 since I got warned and sparkling more.
planning for the future is a good thing. But be sure not to drastically sacrifice your abilities now for a future possibility.
Of course for the PT specifically, its very circumstantial as to a players need of it. Your approach may work perfectly for you. - For me Even with 10 workshops and an ll 11 PT.. i still need more supplies daily. So id be thrilled for the moment if it were a higher level. I jsut got more important AW to work on first.

I see it but then my brain translates it into
"Due to the massive excess of supplies made by late chapter workshops you can run your city off one or two magic workshops if you go crazytown on your PT."
Thats a valid approach is the numbers work as well. Leveled up pt takes no more room then a low lvl one. But a leveled on gives more points (if you care.) And will give more city room from less ws's. - Or at the very least, give you more options.

Tho i gotta admit, hearing some of you talking about this supply over load later in the game has given me the first bit of optimism in a good while.
At first tech of wood elves:
Running 10 regular ws, lvl 11 PT, even the bonus supplies from the fire phoenix.. I am always short on my daily supply production because of how much i train at this level. - Glad i have PoP and supply instants. But the idea of naturally producing 'to many' supplies seemed like a pipe dream'