• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Using supplies to buy KPs

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
"Due to the massive excess of supplies made by late chapter workshops you can run your city off one or two magic workshops if you go crazytown on your PT."
That's actually kinda not far off. I was complaining about a hammer crunch while having 10 workshops (4 magic). He, meanwhile, only has 2 magic workshops. I did a double take, like "Did you say 2??? How are you avg 11k in tourney on 2 workshops?!?!?" Then someone else in chap 19 agreed. Yes, one's current PT is at 30 and the other at 35, but they were saying they wouldn't have done that again if they got a redo, so they warned me not to take mine to Crazytown. The third warning was someone else on the forum (sorry, forgot who). So me and my lvl 12 PT are parking in Flavortown and hanging out with Guy Fieri instead.

Momonar

@crackie and dominion: What is your typical culture bonus? and do you use the Ensorcelled Endowment (purple spells) to boost your culture buildings?

I really started seeing the tool overflow as long as my culture bonus was at least 160%. When I dropped to 125% (I have no wonders that prolong visit bonuses), that dropped my production below the max production rate.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
do you use the Ensorcelled Endowment (purple spells) to boost your culture buildings?
Oh boy, oh boy...do I use Ensorcelled Endowment!!! My unicorns heart the sparkle, although at this point, it might be more of an addiction and they might suffer withdraw symptoms if I take it away. Nobody wants to find out what happens when a unicorn goes into withdraw. My culture is at 180% no ozone level of brightness, but it's actually from NH polishes in a hopping neighborhood. Deceptive. I only sparkle during FAs, but you were too general with your line of questioning. My hammer problem is self-inflicted from sending off too many troops to their deaths, though it might be easier to blame Mist Walkers.
snorting-glitter-jan-2022.jpg

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Momonar
Short answer: yes on the WS bldg sizes by level (they're listed as 2x2, 3x6, etc); here's a link to the workshop table on the Wiki. The link drops you into the Elves WS; scroll down if you need to see the human one instead. Also, sometimes these tables are collapsed; you'll see 'expand' on the top right corner of the table to click if needed.
As to the situation of fewer WS needed, here's what's going on in my Ch17 city (I should say the game considers me 'in' Ch18 because I completed the first tech for higher rewards in the Winter event bldgs):
I have event bldgs for pop (so zero houses placed) and regular goods (so no regular factories, just sentient ones) which means I've been at the max (without EE spells) of 170% culture for months if not a year now. I recently used a boatload of EE spells for mana from my lvl 17 Dragon Abbey (and will do so again in the next couple days) to upgrade some sentient factories to max lvl, so I'm at 230% culture right now. It's been above 200% since the last FA consistently. My PT is lvl 8 and I have 2 Ch17 lvl Magic WS (that I'll wait to win more in the Spire at Ch18 to replace). I'm not a rabid tourney player, but increased to 8100pts/wk (6 rounds of 30 provinces) with this cycle (started with marble, so this is the 4th week). I'm 100% combat in the Spire (complete it to the top weekly) and ~90% combat in tourneys. With my hoarding nature, I start hyperventilating if my squad sizes drop below the >999 squads as shown in browser and train furiously to get it over that again, but that has not happened in this cycle so far. Frogs may do it when I do this week's tourney, but that won't be until Fri/Sat. At this point, I'm using PoP spells on the WS's 2-3x's/wk, but I have 4200+ of those in stock, so that can increase with no significant issues if needed. I also have supply instants that all added together = 13,280% (in case you didn't believe I was a real hoarder, lol!) 'just in case'. I find if I need to cater more in tourneys (usually due to rl and not enough time to manually fight 'iffy' enemy lineups), or am having a panic attack over less than 999 squads and feed the Brown Bear/use time boosts (haven't fed the bear in months!) that's when I use the supply instants. Also, I absolutely despise the gouger wholesaler; I'll push through troops with time instants to burn off any excess instead, but prefer to just have less supply production since I have plenty of 'back-up' ( :rolleyes: at myself) if needed.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
@crackie and dominion: What is your typical culture bonus? and do you use the Ensorcelled Endowment (purple spells) to boost your culture buildings?

I really started seeing the tool overflow as long as my culture bonus was at least 160%. When I dropped to 125% (I have no wonders that prolong visit bonuses), that dropped my production below the max production rate.
its been so long... i couldnt even tell ya.
I stopped in the tech tree long ago to work on using all my expiring buildings before mana became an issue. I sold all my normal culture buildings and have all expiring buildings in its place. But i always need a rest between each bach of 50 or 100+ days. Then RL becomes a pain and ends up being a longer 'break' then it would have been if i had jsut placed the next batch... SO yea, its been a long while since i had regular culture buildings out...
Right now both my cities have about 50k cult available and 40k used. So 10k avialable. But about 9k of that is from the MM aw bonus that i started working on more.
Also one city got moved, and the other had new ppl moved towards him. So im getting a lot more neighborly visits now. Im usualy maintaiing around ~125%. 150 some times. (Im curious to see what it will be once i have my real culture buildings back up.)