• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

v1.159 discussion

HKRM

I also agree with the above comments. I’m not sure how it works on PC but on mobile I’ve accidentally hit the delete button a few times now. Even that wouldn’t be a big deal as you actually have to take further steps to delete your account. My main issue is that I haven’t found an easy way to exit the delete account page. Rebooting the game is the only way I’ve found to get out of it. If someone’s found an easier way please let me know.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
There seem to be conflicting reports about the new Delete button on mobile. My game is fully updated and I do not have it in either my US or Beta cities, but I see other people posting just today on Facebook with pics of the delete button on the log out screen. @helya if you see this before next week, can you check on it?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
There seem to be conflicting reports about the new Delete button on mobile. My game is fully updated and I do not have it in either my US or Beta cities, but I see other people posting just today on Facebook with pics of the delete button on the log out screen. @helya if you see this before next week, can you check on it?
I don't have it yet either but I've seen screenshots. It's just a link to the goodbye tool which was tricky to find before. Tapping it won't automatically make your city go "poof".

Keomint

I also agree with the above comments. I’m not sure how it works on PC but on mobile I’ve accidentally hit the delete button a few times now. Even that wouldn’t be a big deal as you actually have to take further steps to delete your account. My main issue is that I haven’t found an easy way to exit the delete account page. Rebooting the game is the only way I’ve found to get out of it. If someone’s found an easier way please let me know.
I accidentally tapped it while world hopping. A blank white page popped up but before anything could come in, i tapped outside of the pop up and it went back to logout popup.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I don't have it yet either but I've seen screenshots. It's just a link to the goodbye tool which was tricky to find before. Tapping it won't automatically make your city go "poof".
I have accidentally clicked it switching accounts just now (since I have to do the extra log out step to get into EN and I have fat fingers). While it does take you to the delete page, there is no way (iOS) to go back to the game from the delete page if you don’t want to delete your account. If you click Elvenar and the yellow Play button, nothing happens. I had to close out the app and restart. But I guess it’s a win I didn’t accidentally delete my account with this questionable UI design/placement?

Edit: Interesting. History eraser button's only available on iOS, but not Android. At first, I thought I was losing my mind when it disappeared. Then I thought it was a US vs EN issue, but it's there in both cities on iOS. Opened each city on separate devices simultaneously and it's only there on iOS.

Last edited:

Kadhrin

I have accidentally clicked it switching accounts just now (since I have to do the extra log out step to get into EN and I have fat fingers). While it does take you to the delete page, there is no way (iOS) to go back to the game from the delete page if you don’t want to delete your account. If you click Elvenar and the yellow Play button, nothing happens. I had to close out the app and restart. But I guess it’s a win I didn’t accidentally delete my account with this questionable UI design/placement?
I saw this just now, *after* filing a bug for the lack of a Cancel button on that screen!
I knew it would be only a matter of time before I hit that button accidentally. I agree, it needs to be moved.
Or they need to give us some way to switch cities without using the logout button!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Or they need to give us some way to switch cities without using the logout button!
For most people, their other cities are still on US servers so they wouldn't need to hit the red logout button. However, my second city is on EN, which requires the extra 2nd logout to be hit. Those of us who need to flip markets do need to hit the big red button lingering over the history eraser button. The jolly red candy-like button!
And give us a way back into the game if we accidentally land on the history eraser page!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@helya The more I see people posting about this "delete account" link, the more it seems that only iOS users have it? Can this be confirmed or can anyone playing the Android version post a screen shot of the log out screen? If it is only iOS, this may very well be because of some new and obscure requirement Apple has for any games having a delete option, not having that option buried in the app?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya The more I see people posting about this "delete account" link, the more it seems that only iOS users have it? Can this be confirmed or can anyone playing the Android version post a screen shot of the log out screen? If it is only iOS, this may very well be because of some new and obscure requirement Apple has for any games having a delete option, not having that option buried in the app?
Yes, Apple required that an easy way for players to delete their accounts be added, so it was added just for them in the last update.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
For most people, their other cities are still on US servers so they wouldn't need to hit the red logout button. However, my second city is on EN
It may not be too common to have cities on both the EN and the US server. But I guess that most of the players who have a city on the Beta server also have a city on one of the live servers, and they would need to logout to switch server.

Silver Lady

For most people, their other cities are still on US servers so they wouldn't need to hit the red logout button.
When using the app you have to logout to switch cities even if they are all on US servers.

Yes, Apple required that an easy way for players to delete their accounts be added, so it was added just for them in the last update.
Too bad Apple didn’t ask us (the customer) if we wanted it. But anywho did the delete have to be located just under the logout button?

Last edited:

Silver Lady

You should not have to log all the way out to switch Worlds, just to the World selection screen.
You don’t have to log all the way out, but the delete account is located just under the logout button for the city that you have to use every time you want to change cities.

CB94F0C3-916B-4318-ABB6-861EC0E299F2.jpeg

Kadhrin

You don’t have to log all the way out, but the delete account is located just under the logout button for the city that you have to use every time you want to change cities.
The location of that button ENSURES that iOS folks will hit it accidentally. It's a royal PITA.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
The location of that button ENSURES that iOS folks will hit it accidentally. It's a royal PITA.
I have tapped it once, right after it was added. Yes I panicked a little but closing the app worked. After that I slowed down tapping by a micro-second or two when switching cities or going over to Beta. Just like when they placed the runes option for AW kps, after a while we will be used to it and fewer “oops” will happen.