• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

valentine float

Black watch

People on these boards represent fewer than 1/20 players. I still have some FS mates who have not finished,

I can't finish... I'm stuck at "Upgrade 4 buildings to level 4 or higher" at #67. Not enough pop to cover it. I'm in Chapt 12.
Some of my clan mates did in fact finish the event quests, but haven't been able to get the prize up to level ten. One is only at level 7 where I'm at.

Frankly, I think it's so-so. The mana/seeds are okay, especially when compared to what you can build from the culture section, The 1x 3 AW KP is fine also, as is the 24 hr turnaround which makes the mana/KP better. But I'm loathe to put in something that gives more coin as the number one production. I'm already swimming in coin and the population and culture is not enough to compensate for having that in my city. My old carnival and owl sets produce most of my mana needs and I'm almost always well above one million in mana... I'm probably going to pass on this one. It can sit next to the Panda, the two birds id didn't use, Dr. Frankenspleen, water bubble resort and Mauriel- all in the closet, never to see the light of day.
As events go, I think this one has been the biggest disappointment.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I can't finish... I'm stuck at "Upgrade 4 buildings to level 4 or higher" at #67. Not enough pop to cover it. I'm in Chapt 12.

It may be too late for this, but you do know it does not have to be 4 different buildings at the same time. You can level one building to 4, then to 5 and 6 and 7 and have that complete the quest, so you could level a new residence up to level 7 to complete this and avoid the lack of pop problem. You should also be able to level one building to 4, sell it, then do it over again 3 more times and have it complete the quest.

Some of my clan mates did in fact finish the event quests, but haven't been able to get the prize up to level ten. One is only at level 7 where I'm at.

This event was specifically made so that almost no one would get their building past level 8 without spending money or diamonds. But since the next FA includes 2 more of the artifacts, only the most impatient would probably not wait til then to finish the building.

Black watch

Yeah, I know. the event came at a very bad time for my city. My available space is nonexistent and my guest race is screaming for more. My scouting time is over 42 hrs and it just came down to "forget it, it's not that good a prize to mess with my city", so that was that.
I'm also not retired and time this last couple weeks has been at a premium.
Yeah, stinky event...
Looks like we'll be doing the FA for some of the clan-mates that want to level it.
Great advice btw... Thanks for thinkin of me. :)

KarlD

It may be too late for this, but you do know it does not have to be 4 different buildings at the same time. You can level one building to 4, then to 5 and 6 and 7 and have that complete the quest, so you could level a new residence up to level 7 to complete this and avoid the lack of pop problem. You should also be able to level one building to 4, sell it, then do it over again 3 more times and have it complete the quest.
It's not too late. A marble factory only needs 2 squares, 30 pop, and less than an hour and a half to upgrade to level 5 starting from scratch. If you can find 60 pop and 4 squares of space you can do the entire quest in 1hr30.

AtaguS

This event was specifically made so that almost no one would get their building past level 8 without spending money or diamonds.
I must have been incredibly lucky with the draw of chests...also won the xtra 150 candies in the mystery chest...my V-float is level 9 and didn't spend money or diamonds. Can't say that at lv 9 is adds a ton of joy to my city, lol...but as it was essentially free except time and space, I won't complain.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I must have been incredibly lucky with the draw of chests...also won the xtra 150 candies in the mystery chest...my V-float is level 9 and didn't spend money or diamonds. Can't say that at lv 9 is adds a ton of joy to my city, lol...but as it was essentially free except time and space, I won't complain.

Yeah, getting very lucky with winning extra candies is the only way. I had horrible luck with getting candies back from chests, while my girlfriend had much better luck and finished a full grand prize ahead of me and got an 8th artifact just today, for a level 9 building.

AtaguS

I had horrible luck with getting candies back from chests
I also didn't want or need any of the grand prizes after the Prince Charming Float. So once I had that, I was content picking the cheapest chest just to get the flag. In a strange way it worked out in my favor that most of the prizes weren't worth bargaining for, lol. Only draw back is when I get those 2 artifacts from the FA only 1 has any value to me beyond the disenchantment factor. Oh well...if it were a perfect game for everyone all the time there'd be nothing to talk about on the forum I suppose. lol lol

KarlD

I'm 15 flags from winning a 9th artifact. I don't feel like I was especially lucky with winning extra candies, but I didn't keep track. I may have been better than average at collecting candies around the city. I somewhat tried to optimize for more flags per candy, but I mostly wanted to win something useful and win it more efficiently than the other chests. In past events the largest chest was reasonably efficient, but this time it was pretty terrible so I mostly avoided it, but if I'd totally avoided it I'd probably be even closer to the 9th artifact.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I feel like something has changed in the way the random forest-fringe candies appear. It seems to me like after a gap (sleeping overnight) they were appearing more frequently, so I was getting about 25/day instead of the 20 I expected.. If true, that would mean an extra 150 candies over the course of the event, which would net a little less than .5 grand prizes extra.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I feel like something has changed in the way the random forest-fringe candies appear. It seems to me like after a gap (sleeping overnight) they were appearing more frequently, so I was getting about 25/day instead of the 20 I expected.. If true, that would mean an extra 150 candies over the course of the event, which would net a little less than .5 grand prizes extra.

I always understood it to be a spawn of one per hour til the max of six was reached, so if you go in every six hours, you would get 24 per day. As I listed in the other thread, I got about 685 candies from spawns during the 542 hours of the event, but I also did not load the game til almost 10 hours in on the first day, so I missed maybe another 10 candies. Including those would put me at about 150 more candies than hours too.