• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

valentine float

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't know how much mana I used up in chapter 15. I know it was never my most limiting item.

Yeah, seeds are always the most limiting resource. I have four of the seed Merchants from crafting and nine seed-producing event buildings and many hybrid buildings that include seeds, plus the Trader and Elvenar Trader AW, and I still ran out of seeds a few times in chapter 15.

DeletedUser19439

I have over 2 million mana. I don't need a mana producer. I have two cat theaters in storage if I need more. I don't need another pop building. I am trying to cut back. The spire has given me magic residences I don't use. So I am looking strictly at seeds as my need item.
My city wants to be like yours when it grows up!!

DeletedUser19439

Yeah, seeds are always the most limiting resource. I have four of the seed Merchants from crafting and nine seed-producing event buildings and many hybrid buildings that include seeds, plus the Trader and Elvenar Trader AW, and I still ran out of seeds a few times in chapter 15.
I am getting close to 30K/day and still building. What level of production is needed in the final chapters?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Sorry you feel doing the daily quest & making a quick pass around the perimeter whenever you log in requires a “focused and intense effort”
Anyone working a typical day with any sort of commute may only get to log in two or three times a day, sometimes for barely long enough to set productions. Forgetting to sweep the forest for candy on any one of those means losing out on 4-8 each time. If one or more of those logins is on a mobile device, you can't hover to see what your productions are, you have to remember or record, making it an intense and focused effort to make sure you don't harvest the wrong production run at the wrong time or forget to collect something, or forget to reset the right thing. We are not all retired.
Also, my use of the specific verbiage “currently available” by definition excludes Set pieces from a year ago.
I'm fully are of that, which is why I italicized it and commented that it's ua unreasonable assumption. No different dictionary required.
I laid out the math for the purpose of specifically illustrating the efficiency (positive aspect) of the current event GP, with which nobody has disagreed. As an engineer (retired) who breathes numbers, it’s sorta what I do. That information is there for all to use (or not use) at their discretion.
Correct. Nobody disagrees with it. It makes the building okay, not great. The reward is not good value for the effort. It is an "okay" return on effort, when it should be special as the culmination of a month long event.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am getting ~20K/day and still building. What level of production is needed in the final chapters?

I don't remember all the numbers, but for just one example, I have two each of my sentient goods factories and to run a 9-hour production in all six would be around 24k seeds. And you need to run your sentient goods factories, especially your tier 6, non-stop in chapter 15, so you will need a lot more seed production by the time you get there.

DeletedUser19458

Allowing us to get to level 6 or 7 upgrades and no more without paying makes business sense to me for a freemium game. Surprised this hasn't been the case since I've been playing for past year and half. But if you want me to spend money for the last upgrades, don't make the grand prize suck so much.

Also no way was this 4 weeks of 'intense' play lol. I'm sure most on these message boards were done in the first week, maybe second.

Deleted User - 3932582

I am getting close to 30K/day and still building. What level of production is needed in the final chapters?
"Needed" depends on how much time you are willing to spend in the last chapter; seeds are unlikely to be a major constraint before that. My seeds production in chapter 15 was ~75K/day, and that was just about enough for my pace without being a primary constraint (I was running very low on seeds the first half of the chapter). That's with extensive use of MM spells and <60 days completion pace. If you are willing to go slower, you can do with a lot less. If you can't spend a lot of MMs, you will need more for similar timings.

brassivola

Has anyone disenchanted the V-float and seen it available for crafting in the MA later? Mine is already outdated chapter but ive got enough instants to upgrade it to level 7, which is when the AW production kicks in

Im midway through Ch. III in both my human and elven cities and earned 7 stage evolves for the Valentine float but havent placed it yet. Sadly the float is only era II. It seems like if I disenchant it from my inventory, hypothetically, it will appear in my MA for crafting at my current era. Has anyone found this to be true yet? Id hate to nuke it and then never see it again :( For me currently the 4x4 space will be beneficial for the pop/cult/supplies and at level 7+ the quantities of each plus the AWkp make the 4x4 worthwhile.... IF I can get it on level III or even wait till I cross over to IV but realistically if I get a couple more upgrade instants from the next FA would be good for me.

*Looking at the stats of the Vfloat on elven gems- this would be very worthwhile for me simply beacuse i dont havemany bonus items yet and this gives me decent coinsand supplies without costing population like my workshops. *at level 7 plus*

Ok Im new to the game but have gotten crazy involved past few months as an escape from reality haha but from what i read here and in other forums none of the new evolving buildings (or much else) compares to what was offered previously. However Im playing now so Im going to try and deal with it the best i can. This was my first event and once i found the quest list on elvengems I planned and crushed it as best i could. (my first FA was the most recent one and I read all about how those rewards were also meh comparatively....)

Also- Im almost able to place my first AW's and the first few dont really look that appealing for what they offer. I do think the ranking points and upgradeability of AWs give them an advantage over the evolving building float, but for what i need currently an up to date high level Vfloat looks good :) ....just sucks its already outdated

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Allowing us to get to level 6 or 7 upgrades and no more without paying makes business sense to me for a freemium game. Surprised this hasn't been the case since I've been playing for past year and half. But if you want me to spend money for the last upgrades, don't make the grand prize suck so much.

Also no way was this 4 weeks of 'intense' play lol. I'm sure most on these message boards were done in the first week, maybe second.
I agree that the prize sucks and I'm not going to spend money on it, but I can't imagine any newer players (and there are lots on these message boards) being done in the first or second week, even with consistent playing. I'm in Dwarves and I got done 5 or 6 days ago, but I play more than most, logging in at least 4x a day or more. And if players don't know to go on elvengems to find out what's coming up, and they just take the quests as they come, they'll get hit with those 2 day and 1 day quests. I'm sure a lot of players do not think to go on elvengems. I didn't during my first event. But okay, I concede that you are probably talking about high level players. I can see how someone in orcs or higher could be done in the first or second week, with enough planning on elvengems and enough time, such as retirees.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Id hate to nuke it and then never see it again
Be patient. It might not appear in crafting until the event is over. Sit on the building for now, and proceed through your city. After the vent is finished, Make a new thread in the forum with a clear title like "Has anyone seen the Valentine/Carnival float in crafting, and you should get your answer. it might take a month. Elvenar always rewards patience.

Deleted User - 3932582

I can see how someone in orcs or higher could be done in the first or second week, with enough planning on elvengems and enough time, such as retirees.
With quest list known in advance, it was easy enough to do it in a week in chapter 4. There is nothing there that is particularly slow to complete with pre-build; all you need to do is to line up a couple of relics quests with tournament stages (or have enough open provinces, but it is not very efficient). It requires a bit of extra space for pre-building, but not outrageous amounts by any means. Without looking at quest list it would, indeed, take longer. Though if you have space you can still pre-build some long productions blindly, and dump some timeboosts if you really want to finish faster.

As to high level players, some completed the main quest line in 2-3 days ;)

Pheryll

Set Designer
Has anyone disenchanted the V-float and seen it available for crafting in the MA later?

I have done this for the panda and the brown bear in order to get them to chapter 15 without spending RR. You probably want to wait till after the event before disenchanting/deleting them, as they won't show up in your magic academy until a later patch adds them there. So just wait till the patch and then disenchant/delete them.

KarlD

Has anyone disenchanted the V-float and seen it available for crafting in the MA later? Mine is already outdated chapter but ive got enough instants to upgrade it to level 7, which is when the AW production kicks in

Im midway through Ch. III in both my human and elven cities and earned 7 stage evolves for the Valentine float but havent placed it yet. Sadly the float is only era II. It seems like if I disenchant it from my inventory, hypothetically, it will appear in my MA for crafting at my current era. Has anyone found this to be true yet? Id hate to nuke it and then never see it again :( For me currently the 4x4 space will be beneficial for the pop/cult/supplies and at level 7+ the quantities of each plus the AWkp make the 4x4 worthwhile.... IF I can get it on level III or even wait till I cross over to IV but realistically if I get a couple more upgrade instants from the next FA would be good for me.

*Looking at the stats of the Vfloat on elven gems- this would be very worthwhile for me simply beacuse i dont havemany bonus items yet and this gives me decent coinsand supplies without costing population like my workshops. *at level 7 plus*

Ok Im new to the game but have gotten crazy involved past few months as an escape from reality haha but from what i read here and in other forums none of the new evolving buildings (or much else) compares to what was offered previously. However Im playing now so Im going to try and deal with it the best i can. This was my first event and once i found the quest list on elvengems I planned and crushed it as best i could. (my first FA was the most recent one and I read all about how those rewards were also meh comparatively....)

Also- Im almost able to place my first AW's and the first few dont really look that appealing for what they offer. I do think the ranking points and upgradeability of AWs give them an advantage over the evolving building float, but for what i need currently an up to date high level Vfloat looks good :) ....just sucks its already outdated
I absolutely would NOT depend on finding any particular thing in the MA. They change the recipes all the time and I used to see military buildings like the Enlightened Light Range and Unleashed Unit Upgrade on a regular basis, but I haven't seen any of them in over 2 weeks nor have I seen any Chess set pieces (after I finally started crafting the set) in even longer. So definitely don't count on it.

Just for the record if you have 7 stage evolves you can get to Level 8 since you start off at Level 1 without any evolves and it appears that if your fellowship can reach the flag in all three stages of the next Fellowship Adventure you'll win 2 more stage evolves to completely evolve your float. Don't take the chance of having 9 evolves with nothing to evolve.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
With quest list known in advance, it was easy enough to do it in a week in chapter 4. There is nothing there that is particularly slow to complete with pre-build; all you need to do is to line up a couple of relics quests with tournament stages (or have enough open provinces, but it is not very efficient). It requires a bit of extra space for pre-building, but not outrageous amounts by any means. Without looking at quest list it would, indeed, take longer. Though if you have space you can still pre-build some long productions blindly, and dump some timeboosts if you really want to finish faster.

As to high level players, some completed the main quest line in 2-3 days ;)
Wow, and I thought I spent way too much time on this game, lol. I guess not.

The Unbeliever

V.Float is the worst evo building yet - nothing but hot garbage regardless of which chapter you're in.

When you look at even the worst phoenix & bear options, (which, by their own standards are pretty damn putrid!), and think they're still a better value, you know you've done gakked up. :p

The Unbeliever

Underwhelming, yes. Worst yet, perhaps. Hot garbage, really?
Of the evolving buildings - absolutely it's complete & utter hot garbage...
It may work at very end game, (ie: Constructs & Elvenar) chapters to provide some added seed+mana production for those who haven't been able to farm a small field of Mana Huts + Autumn Ponds, but really, we can stick a fork in this one and just throw it in the spell fragments bin. :p

shynner

I am also a little upset with this event. It seems that, not only is is nearly impossible to upgrade the event building to lvl 10, but also, the event building, at anything less than lvl 10, looks like it is still under construction, to say nothing about the poor stats. smh