• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Vary or update standard quests

Matrickz

The same quests and awards I saw a year ago and 2 years ago still unchanged. As you level they should change too

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The same quests and awards I saw a year ago and 2 years ago still unchanged. As you level they should change too
They used to change but then players "abused" them to get more supplies than intended. When the developers tried to overhaul the quests there was outrage from the player base since many players had come to completely rely upon them.
The developers quickly returned the quests but in an effort to wean the players off of those quests they stopped increasing the rewards by chapter.

I do think that they should take the next step and remove them completely.

able99

Yep, I totally agree. What seemed like a lot of cash or tools to me as a newbie, is now inconsequential. I just ignore them now.
As you advance in the game, the the quests and rewards should be updated, or removed. Now they are just meaningless to me.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
They used to change but then players "abused" them to get more supplies than intended. When the developers tried to overhaul the quests there was outrage from the player base since many players had come to completely rely upon them.
The developers quickly returned the quests but in an effort to wean the players off of those quests they stopped increasing the rewards by chapter.

I do think that they should take the next step and remove them completely.

I agree. OR, instead of having them completely gone, have them decrease as you go along until at chapter 6 they go away completely. The help they give the new player is important but I find in my beta chapter 6 city I no longer need them.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
An easy "no complaints" method of getting rid of the old quests would be to lock the reward scaling immediately and wait a few months.
E.G.
if you are in chapter 1 today they will always give chapter 1 rewards even if you progress
if you are in chapter 4 today they will always give chapter 4 rewards even if you go to chapter 5+

Almost no one would still be in the first few chapters after 5(?) months and will quickly outgrow and replace the cycling quests with workshops etc.

Then implement whatever new & interesting quest system you like. The 16 badge FA interface is perfect for this. Use it to give players 16 simultaneous questlines! Some daily ones, some weekly, some long-term achievements (Give 100, 1,000,10,000 visits!) Some that change by chapter
There are loads of possibilities, and with 16 running at the same time they don't all have to be "Doable by everyone at every chapter with every playstyle" like the main events are attempting and we can have real variety!

Hawk1911

Then implement whatever new & interesting quest system you like. The 16 badge FA interface is perfect for this. Use it to give players 16 simultaneous questlines! Some daily ones, some weekly, some long-term achievements (Give 100, 1,000,10,000 visits!) Some that change by chapter
There are loads of possibilities, and with 16 running at the same time they don't all have to be "Doable by everyone at every chapter with every playstyle" like the main events are attempting and we can have real variety!

I really like this idea! Definitely would make the quests more meaningful and interesting.

I currently cycle the basic questline as byproduct of other activities I'm working on. Otherwise I ignore it. If we had daily/weekly/monthly quests I would pay attention.