• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Vault of Wisdom

Aritra

I don't know what chapter that is (I'm not there yet), but I suggest checking out ElvenGems. I found their explanations with picture example(s) to be helpful for the guest race settlements (all of them really, but especially 10 & 11, which is where I am now).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Aritra It is chapter 15, that chapter that has several threads about how much of a pain it is to get through. Portal Profits are useless for about the first third of the chapter, so that part of it goes very slowly.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Correct, ch15, and needs to connect to one each of Factory, Agriculture and Atelier. There is a chapter guide on Elvengems (https://elvengems.com/the-elvenar-preview/#layouts), and below is the layout I used to fit four of them.
Elvenar23.JPG

Maybe I am missing something, but my understanding is that in order to unlock/researched Improved Vault of Wisdom and be able to produce Exchange, you need to have 5500 of each Exchange…?

StarLoad

Maybe I am missing something, but my understanding is that in order to unlock/researched Improved Vault of Wisdom and be able to produce Exchange, you need to have 5500 of each Exchange…?
5500 of Human collections and Manifests

Improved VoW.jpg

You can make the 5500 each thru Portal Profits

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
No, the portal profits are just a short cut. You can produce the needed things via the Academies to produce ideas and workforce and with the ideas and workforce you use the atelier, factory and agriculture to produce living paintings, crystal balls, and designs -- all three from the ideas you got from the academies. And you get the sculptures, plants, constructs from the workforce you got from you academies as well. Finally, you take the first set -- the paintings, crystal balls and designs to make human or elf manifests and the second set - the sculptures, plants and constructs to make human or elf collections in your Vault of Wisdom.

So three stages: Academy stuff used to make Atelier, Factory and agriculture stuff to make the needed manifests and collections in the Vault of Wisdom.

Most people just get the academies up, make what they need for the the atelier, factory and agriculture, (then take down some or all the academies). They may put up one vault of wisdom for the quest but generally use portal profits to get most of the final collections and manifests. But, technically, you can do the whole chapter with no portal profits.

AJ

satchmo33

I was able to place 9 of the 'outbuildings' (3 of each) around only 2 of the academies...and never placed a vault. Just used portal profits for that. Makes me kind of sick to see folks with 'way too many academies and several vaults. I'll repeat: you. do. not. need. to. place. any. vaults. if you've got portal profits (which most folks do).

satchmo33

You use Portal Profits to get the capped goods that the Vault produces instead of placing a vault.

StarLoad

NO that is just an option, you can make the needed items otherwise you follow this diagram to MAKE them

ch15 goods.jpg

As you can see the process is convoluted and just pop in your PP spells is faster and easier, YMMV