• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

"Very Hard" Warning

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
The amount of troops and the cost in goods in tourneys, is based on your squad size, the more of them you research the harder the tourney's, but it is balanced out as your provinces are also based on your squad size, so battles and costs will be easier/cheaper when fighting them and vice versa.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Good to know. I stopped researching squad size upgrades a while ago, so think I'm on the right side of this statement, for how I like to play. But I am just curious, how does researching squad size increases make tournies more difficult?

Unfortunately the use of the word difficult in this area can be confusing/misleading. The correct wording is "more expensive". There was an in-depth discussion on this on the en forum. https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/cateringcost-squadsize-tournament.5779/

In summary
Difficulty in tournaments is fixed as a ratio of enemy squad size to your squad size. Your technological research does not impact this, confirmed by a game moderator from talking to development management staff.

What does change as a result of your technology research is the size of your squads. The more you research the larger your tournament squad sizes and as a result the greater your losses compared to someone with a smaller squad size. This is an opposite effect for provincial combat so you need to decide between world map combat and tournament combat when looking at squad sizes.

Deleted User - 1580260

ALL but no. 12. Still cannot beat 'Very Hard' with that and all that does is increase my losses.
And makes tourneys harder. And due to events having a 'research' quest I cant afford to get stuck in adv scouting. Had this in another city - finished research up to adv scouts and could not do last two events cause I found not grind out 20 hard/very hard provinces. - pretty much abandoned that city.

DeletedUser3507

I know, I didn't skip any squad size upgrades and I go through alot of troops in tourneys. like over 100 squads at squad size 2346...

DeletedUser13479

Do you still have squad size techs to research?

I am in the exact same situation as kayjay is/was. I have all available techs, 12 provinces to get through to get to ch V, and everything is h/vh. Negotiating is draining all my resources, but fighting results in defeat. It's all rather discouraging, really.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I am in the exact same situation as kayjay is/was. I have all available techs, 12 provinces to get through to get to ch V, and everything is h/vh. Negotiating is draining all my resources, but fighting results in defeat. It's all rather discouraging, really.

That is most curious. I am also stuck at the end of chapter 4 with 10 more provinces needed and most of my provinces to unlock are medium. I have also skipped 3 techs which means my SS would be 48 bigger had I done them.

Unless the game has some random approach to scouting the only other variation I can think of is you scouted those provinces prior to the advanced scout tech for entering chapter 4. The timing of scouting and those techs is very important.

DeletedUser6322

That's all I have left on my world map. All provinces to be scouted that are left are all marked "very hard" and comes with a warning that I'm not ready for that level.

Seriously? (not a sarcastic rhetorical question.) Do I have to spend the next few weeks working on an AW to buff up my troops? I've got max level upgrades on training grounds. I have 6 max level armories. I've seen the top level players' kingdom's and they sometimes only have 2 armories. I seem to be overstaffed then so that can't be my problem. Is it building up new AWs or higher level AWs? That takes KPs and now I can't get them unless I buy them or win them in a side "shell" game (Edrasil's nuts, for example, and that needs diamonds for the amount I'd need to win the 25 KPs). Buying them with coin or goods, the costs escalates quickly.

My troop sizes are (for example): Treants = 363; Archers = 2183; etc.

Is there a certain level of troop size that would make that "warning" stop? Is the "warning" just a caution? Are they winnable with my present troops?. What kind of level of troops would make those provinces winnable?

I just don't want to waste a lot of my resources trying to win these "very hard" provinces if I'm not ready. If someone could point me in the right direction and save me a bunch of time experimenting or going down the wrong path - it would be appreciated. Thank you!

LadyGoGo
Are you doing orcs yet? As you progress you need orcs to do provinces and until you have orc breeding grounds (updated from your armories) you can't go any further. It really is a big mistake to go to far forward in the number of provinces you do.

DeletedUser6322

That's all I have left on my world map. All provinces to be scouted that are left are all marked "very hard" and comes with a warning that I'm not ready for that level.

Seriously? (not a sarcastic rhetorical question.) Do I have to spend the next few weeks working on an AW to buff up my troops? I've got max level upgrades on training grounds. I have 6 max level armories. I've seen the top level players' kingdom's and they sometimes only have 2 armories. I seem to be overstaffed then so that can't be my problem. Is it building up new AWs or higher level AWs? That takes KPs and now I can't get them unless I buy them or win them in a side "shell" game (Edrasil's nuts, for example, and that needs diamonds for the amount I'd need to win the 25 KPs). Buying them with coin or goods, the costs escalates quickly.

My troop sizes are (for example): Treants = 363; Archers = 2183; etc.

Is there a certain level of troop size that would make that "warning" stop? Is the "warning" just a caution? Are they winnable with my present troops?. What kind of level of troops would make those provinces winnable?

I just don't want to waste a lot of my resources trying to win these "very hard" provinces if I'm not ready. If someone could point me in the right direction and save me a bunch of time experimenting or going down the wrong path - it would be appreciated. Thank you!

LadyGoGo

DeletedUser6322

You will find after you start orcs that you will be changing your armories to breeding grounds. That is when you start producing orcs. If you click on one of the 8 sites in the province that says "very hard" you will see orcs are required to finish them.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
You will find after you start orcs that you will be changing your armories to breeding grounds. That is when you start producing orcs. If you click on one of the 8 sites in the province that says "very hard" you will see orcs are required to finish them.

Actually, the "hard" rating has nothing to do with orcs.
You start needing orcs after you have scouted a certain distance. ( 10 rings??? )
I have 'Easy' provinces that would require orcs to negotiate.

DeletedUser12423

This is an opposite effect for provincial combat so you need to decide between world map combat and tournament combat when looking at squad sizes.
Now that makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up, man ^ ^

DeletedUser13479

That is most curious. I am also stuck at the end of chapter 4 with 10 more provinces needed and most of my provinces to unlock are medium. I have also skipped 3 techs which means my SS would be 48 bigger had I done them.

Unless the game has some random approach to scouting the only other variation I can think of is you scouted those provinces prior to the advanced scout tech for entering chapter 4. The timing of scouting and those techs is very important.

I wish that were the case, I could at least deal with that. I had the same problem near the end of Ch 3 though. Everything unscouted was medium or hard and I still needed over a dozen provinces just to unlock advanced scouts. I expected when I got squad size upgrade 9 it would change m/h to e/m, but nothing changed. I slogged through scouting and clearing the rest of the provinces at m/h just to finish the chapter because I had no choice and no more techs to look forward to. Now here I am again in the same situation near the end of Ch 4. Need 12 provinces to unlock advanced scouts, all are m/h and none have been scouted. I haven't missed any techs and have no upgrades available yet.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I had the same problem near the end of Ch 3 though. Everything unscouted was medium or hard

Chapter 1-3 is a known problem, at least to players. It does get much easier as you progress where eventually everything is green or even blue if your just doing the basic scouting.

Are you still scouting provinces or waiting to unlock advanced scouts? Assuming you have the 12 provinces already scouted that you need.
I can't figure out why you have the issue in chapter 4 without skipping techs when it is different for me. I am hoping things turn around in chapter 5, either way the larger SS techs will make a big difference.

DeletedUser13479

Chapter 1-3 is a known problem, at least to players. It does get much easier as you progress where eventually everything is green or even blue if your just doing the basic scouting.

Are you still scouting provinces or waiting to unlock advanced scouts? Assuming you have the 12 provinces already scouted that you need.
I can't figure out why you have the issue in chapter 4 without skipping techs when it is different for me. I am hoping things turn around in chapter 5, either way the larger SS techs will make a big difference.

No, I'm not scouting provinces right now and I still need 12. I'm just kinda treading water at the moment. So far I haven't skipped a single tech in any chapter.

WizardArinna

I am having the same problem, taking it one thing at a time!