• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Want to Plan for Orcs Chapter. Any Tips to Make it as Speedy as Possible?

Lady Dastardly

I just finished Orcs in a little over 3 weeks in my Sinya city. This was a week and a half faster than I did it in my first city.
1) I upgraded my residences first since they change size & orientation, and because they are a lot more productive, I was able to sell off a few to save space.
2) Then I got rid of all the pure culture bldgs, but I had enough culture from hybrid bldgs that I was able to continue doing the rest of the upgrades (workshops, etc) while the settlement was in place. I was willing to go culture negative if needed, though.
3) Settlement started with the portal & 55+ mushroom farms split 50-50 making hardshrooms & psychoshrooms.
4) After building up a stockpile, I removed a dozen farms and replaced them with 2 rally points to make debris.
5) Production of hardshrooms, psychoshrooms & debris continued until I was able to level the portal to 4, at which point I went ALL portal profit. It takes around 545% total of PP to produce all the research goods (if my math is off feel free to call me on it). I did not spend PP in Dwarves or Fairies, and I do go to the Lab or the top of the spire every week, so I had plenty of them.
I never upgraded any farms or rally points. I was even able to complete all the chapter quests while I was waiting on KP for the tech tree. Orcs makes me grumpy and not want to play, so I needed to get to Woodelves (which I love) asap.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Wow, a lot of advice and strategies discussed here. My own, pre-portal profit run through Orcs took about 7 weeks but I built about 75 mushroom farms and 7 rally points. Looking back I think I overdid it a bit but it did go very fast.

The other thing I did has been suggested. I looked ahead and gathered as much of the needed resources as I could before I started. To make the room I needed I used instants and took down a lot of residences/workshops/mfrs. If I remember correctly, it was a close race between running out of instants and finishing. But I did make it work and got out very fast. Of course I couldn't do that today and still maintain my tournament average and TOS standing, but then they didn't have the Spire (or I was doing a miniumum -- I don't remember), so there's that too.

AJ

Iyapo1

I just entered orcs today and am trying to fly through fast. I bought enough kp to open up mushroom farms quickly so I could get them going. I have 24 mushroom farms and am planning on 2 rally points.

Starting off with a 40% production boost(lv 30 BTG)means I might not even need to use PPs. I will post again when I hit woodelves.

Edit: Oct 12, I finalized my design and ended up with 39 mushroom farms and 2 rally points.

Last edited:

StarLoad

Time! 24 days. I did need to use PPs, between KP gains in the MA, the event, and the tournaments I had to use PPs or get stuck! That was fun!

The tutorial now ends in woodelves.
Nice job and any thoughts on what you could have done better or different?

Iyapo1

Nice job and any thoughts on what you could have done better or different?
The lv. 30 BTG made me complacent, I over ran my portal early on so I stopped upgrading mushroom farms. I should have upgraded all of my mushroom farms more than I did(zero lv 4 farms, 1 lv 3) . I would not have needed the PPs if I had.

@crackie Thanks for the sweater! I had enough room that I could have done it without PPs in the same time frame if I had kept up with the upgrades. Ah well...live and learn and onto woodelves!

@Dreamyn2 On the bright side, I need 150ish RRs to move to the next chapter so I will be in woodelves for a very long time!

Last edited:

Huor

Just started chapter 8 today so I do not know all the terms yet, but given the way they orcs have talked so far, is that what I think that is. lol. If so Inno, that's funny!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-13 3.04.41 PM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-13 3.04.41 PM-1.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 94

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Huor
Absolutely! You have graduated from creating ambrosia to collecting dung! Congrats! ;)

Here's what the Wiki says:
" If they join a Wild Party you will have a lot of Orc Dung Orcs dung.png to clean up, "

It's the top right production in the window for the Rally Point...it's required to make the Shroom of Wisdom in the Mushroom farms...

Yogi Dave

I always liked that you feed orcs to the lava dogs and it scares the dung out of them so you can make smart shrooms. Dried and processed it makes great fertilizer for the Halflings, but that's another chapter.

Huor

lol. I think it was their king (they look alike except Yoda) that said a moment ago, eat fairies, make dung, grow mushrooms. Inno has a sense of humor!

Yogi Dave

eat fairies
When did this happen?
I seem to remember there being something like 'eat fairies' being said by the king right after stepping through the portal. He could smell them. Due to the kings comments and having lots of room in my city before building my shroom farm, I wrote things using paths about that. Like "I love fairies..." one day. "...in my soup" the next day.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Well, that got dark. That's what I get for not reading any of the story lines and not doing quests except by accident.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh man, wait until you start upgrading the tier 3. I had some elixir factories packed into a weird corner where I didn't have to watch the orc dude throwing in his goblin assistant!
One of my fellows used to say: I've never been so happy to see poo! Lol