• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WARNING - Inno has CHANGED the Flourishing Nut Cave

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
To be fair, there have been plenty of requests from players for more ways to get supplies to reduce reliance on quest cycling. This might just be a case of getting what we asked for and finding out we don't want it.
Imo it was 90% fixed with the wonders change. If you build the ToS, EE, PT, and ~7 workshops there's already no need to ever cycle quests. With so many event buildings giving supplies as well they fixed it too much ;)
Pheryll might have it backward, but when I look at mana and supplies buildings on elvenarchitect, it doesn't show up.
nut.png

DeletedUser6971

I have to say the tool producing reward buildings are as good as getting nothing at all, unless you're just starting out and haven't got the workshops you need yet. Tools are the one thing I never need. I'm actually selling them off by the boat load and still have them coming out of my ears! Wish they'd scrap that idea and go back to the culture and population buildings that we all need and want. Just my 2 cents.

Risen Malchiah

Well, earlier events didn't include mana buildings and we requested them. Aside from the unexpected change for this particular building, this event has been far more balanced for the needs of every player.

Everyone benefits from the pop/culture buildings and this event provided some good ones (including the 2nd & 3rd grand prize which were actually attainable this time). Early to mid range players benefit from the pure culture buildings (which tend to be on par with many premium buildings) and they often desperately need supplies. Advanced players need the mana. And now, advanced players have even more of a reason to celebrate since we longer get relics in the event boxes. This could hurt early players who need relics and don't have access to as many tournament provinces, but the trade-off of getting tons of instants is probably worth it.

I'm just glad we didn't have more codexes and unicorns. :p

DeletedUser2870

I tried especially for that building on beta since it was pure culture, small en didn't need roads.
I'm extremely pissed that now I have those in my city, with that bloody 'disconnected' sign over them, since I do not want them for the supplies (not even close to needing mana yet), I wanted them for the culture.

Inno stated is was a flaw in the presentation as they were designed to be a double item, but that doesn't excuse this adaptation after the fact. People try for buildings for a certain reason. I WANTED high culture. Now they are worse than useless to me

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

Yes they are, and most aren't happy.
However, Inno has stated it was designed this new way and was 'wrong' the way it was posted and now it is 'more valuable' and is not going to do anything about it the fact people now are stuck with a building that doesn't do what it said it would do when they won it

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What I'm wondering is how were people on beta even aware that the building changed? How would anyone be able to see what a building is be before it's available?
There are two potential things. 1) The event finished on Beta several days ago. I don't know if that was before or after the change was implemented. 2) There are skilled and diligent people who tear apart the files that the sever sends out and can isolate the details of the buildings before they actually have them.

DeletedUser4070

Noooooooo dang it, I don't need supplies! Or anything that needs a road! It's annoying enough that there was no way for me to get the third grand prize. Now what am I gonna do with all these nuts??

Risen Malchiah

There are two potential things. 1) The event finished on Beta several days ago. I don't know if that was before or after the change was implemented. 2) There are skilled and diligent people who tear apart the files that the sever sends out and can isolate the details of the buildings before they actually have them.
@TomatoeHu mentioned saving nuts in anticipation of this building on beta, so someone must be parsing the data somehow.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Noooooooo dang it, I don't need supplies! Or anything that needs a road! It's annoying enough that there was no way for me to get the third grand prize. Now what am I gonna do with all these nuts??
Actually if you spent most your nuts on the double sprout days, it was very possible to get to the last grand prize (Eldrasil"s Village). I and lots of others, so I have read, have gotten that grand prize, (without spending Diamonds), but you couldn't spend hardly any on any other daily prize if you wanted the third grand prize. This is the first time they did this, but I hope it isn't the last.

Risen I think the info about the buildings is found on http://www.elvenarchitect.com/ , they have a direct link to the code for culture ECT,. for buildings. At least that's how I understand it.

edited added quote. sorry.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
TomatoeHu mentioned saving nuts in anticipation of this building on beta, so someone must be parsing the data somehow.
True, or he might have saved them, spent them on the last day, then had not yet deployed them but when he went to build one later it was different than when he first won it. The Event ended last Tuesday on Beta, and the post wasn't until two days later.
Actually if you spent most your nuts on the double sprout days, it was very possible to get to the grand prize. I and lots of others so I have read, have gotten the third grand prize, (without spending Diamonds), but you couldn't spend hardly any on any other daily prize if you wanted the third grand prize. This is the first time they did this but I hope it isn't the last.
This wasn't about the grand prize. The Flourishing Nut Cave is the Day 26 daily prize.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
True, or he might have saved them, spent them on the last day, then had not yet deployed them but when he went to build one later it was different than when he first won it. The Event ended last Tuesday on Beta, and the post wasn't until two days later.
This wasn't about the grand prize. The Flourishing Nut Cave is the Day 26 daily prize.

Yeah think this is what happened to TomatoeHu, as she is in beta and posted in the beta forum about it as well as here on the live servers. But the info for the buildings is updated through the code on elven architect as soggy mentioned in an earlier post.

Last edited: