• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Watchful Winter Owl

Dew Spinner

My Watchful Winter Owl can receive Neighborly Help but I can not put a Ensorcelled Endowment spell on it. Is it suppose to be this way or is it a bug. I would think if it can receive Neighborly Help, it should be able to be spelled also. I know you can receive NH on the Owl because mine has the NH hands on it right now and the tool tip says how long the NH will last.

Last edited:

shimmerfly

I just tried and can not use an EE on mne either. Maybe because it is an evolving building?
I haven't tried any other evolving ones.

Dew Spinner

I just tried and can not use an EE on mne either. Maybe because it is an evolving building?
I haven't tried any other evolving ones.
Other Evolves can be spelled, some can not but the ones that can't be spelled also can't receive Neighborly Help. My Owl can receive help and therefore should be able to be spelled. I think anyways.

Dew Spinner

Makes sense to me. I don't have any other evolving ones out so I can't double check
Witch's Hut, Golem, Gingerbread House, May Tree are a few I know for sure can receive help because I have given NH on all of those. Brown Bear, Moon Bear, Fire Phoenix can't receive NH as far as I know. Polar Bear also can receive Neighborly Help. I routinely put NH spells on my Witch's Hut.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Nope, sorry but pet food buildings can never be spelled.
If they could, you would be able to screw yourself by placing 15 EE spells on it and then not being able to use pet food for a month.

Dew Spinner

Nope, sorry but pet food buildings can never be spelled.
If they could, you would be able to screw yourself by placing 15 EE spells on it and then not being able to use pet food for a month.
I'm not doubting you but EE spells and pet food should not be mutually exclusive, one has nothing to do with the other. If a building can receive NH then you should be able to use a EE spell on it. There isn't that much culture associated with the building compared to others and the EE spell in no way would enhance the pet food effect. I wouldn't normally put an EE spell on this building because of it's lower culture amount compared to other buildings but with FA approaching, I teleported a lot of culture buildings out of my city for space. This leads me to thinking about spelling other buildings to keep my culture bonus up. So I would like to know Inno's reasoning behind that decision, along with many, many others.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
EE spells and pet food should not be mutually exclusive
You'd think that, but sadly they hire 3rd party programmers for a single task so there is no thought about future development, and the next people that they try to task with an improvement have no idea what the others have done.
So EE spells existed long before pet food and somehow things were set up so that buildings could only have 1 spell on them. Then Pet food came along and the easy choice was to remove the EE possibility on some buildings rather than figure out how to allow 2 spells to be active a the same time on a building.

Dew Spinner

You'd think that, but sadly they hire 3rd party programmers for a single task so there is no thought about future development, and the next people that they try to task with an improvement have no idea what the others have done.
So EE spells existed long before pet food and somehow things were set up so that buildings could only have 1 spell on them. Then Pet food came along and the easy choice was to remove the EE possibility on some buildings rather than figure out how to allow 2 spells to be active a the same time on a building.
Maybe the bug isn't that you can't spell it, maybe it is that it can receive NH. As far as I know, could be wrong, some other pet food buildings can not receive NH.

Dew Spinner

Are you sure? I thought every building which provides culture and has both sides greater than 1 can receive neighborly help.
No, I'm not sure but I have had a Brown Bear out for some time and it has never received NH, that could be coincidental but it seems over 2 months or so someone would have hit it. Same with the Fire Phoenix but that isn't proof. Have you ever received NH on your Brown Bear or Fire Phoenix? Especially during FA, when I have very few culture buildings in my city, I would think it would get hit.. I have also never had the ability to help others' Brown Bear or Fire Phoenix, maybe they have always been full of help but that seems odd. I have been able to help others' Polar Bear and Cold Fire Phoenix.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My bears/phoenix bldgs no longer get NH because I have too many other bldgs that have way higher culture. The only way they would receive help would be from a player who actually loads my city and manually chooses the bldg to help. Those players are few and far between. Since the NH window chooses the building with the highest culture available, they never rise to the top of that list.
Here is the thread with the only notice I can find of when they removed the ability to use EE spells on bldgs that receive pet food:
Release Notes
It appears the changes to the browser version were made without notice; these notes indicate they are making the changes to the mobile version. Here is the relevant info from those notes:
  • Phoenixes - To prevent being unable to use Pet Food on the Phoenixes to activate their Feeding Effects, we have disabled using the Ensorcelled Endowment Enchantment on these buildings. This had already been done on the browser version, but was still possible on Mobile until now.
This was done in August 2019 and Phoenix bldgs were the only pet food bldgs out at that time. The bears came next, but that event did not arrive until early September 2019.

Dew Spinner

My bears/phoenix bldgs no longer get NH because I have too many other bldgs that have way higher culture. The only way they would receive help would be from a player who actually loads my city and manually chooses the bldg to help. Those players are few and far between. Since the NH window chooses the building with the highest culture available, they never rise to the top of that list.
Here is the thread with the only notice I can find of when they removed the ability to use EE spells on bldgs that receive pet food:
Release Notes
It appears the changes to the browser version were made without notice; these notes indicate they are making the changes to the mobile version. Here is the relevant info from those notes:
  • Phoenixes - To prevent being unable to use Pet Food on the Phoenixes to activate their Feeding Effects, we have disabled using the Ensorcelled Endowment Enchantment on these buildings. This had already been done on the browser version, but was still possible on Mobile until now.
This was done in August 2019 and Phoenix bldgs were the only pet food bldgs out at that time. The bears came next, but that event did not arrive until early September 2019.
My Owl only has 441 culture and it currently has received NH but that is probably because I have teleported a lot of culture buildings out of my city for the FA. I would think the same would have happened with my Brown Bear and Fire Phoenix around FA time. Now, that I know they won't allow Pet Food buildings to be spelled, I at least know it isn't just my game or a bug.