• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Water

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Azkaban Yeah, I meant as an idea for future Guest Races. And I think water tiles would be like any other connection in other Guest Races. They provide Culture, but would only work as roads from that portal to that Races' buildings.
I thought they had that in the Halflings guest race? Little canals or something with little boats on them? Not really sure as I'm only in Dwarves.

DeletedUser8946

@samidodamage Same. Just entered the Dwarven chapter, and no. I don't know about Halflings. But this would be a cool idea, I think. An entirely water Guest Race.

DeletedUser

@ThunderingJeff But that's not what Gath Of Baal is suggesting. What he said was

I would like the ability to place water tiles in my city, to make rivers, streams, lakes and ponds..

I think water tiles should be the same size as road tiles and placed in the same manner and even have a similar culture bonus just like roads do... You should be able to place multiple tiles together to make bigger water features without the space in between like when you put 4 roads in a square, to be able to make ponds or lakes.. you can even add extra eye candy to the water tiles by making a few come out with an elf or human fishing or a small boat along the side..

I know this idea is strictly cosmetic to a town, but not everyone builds a town in this game only to gain score, and with a culture bonus attached to each tile it might be a good option to gain some culture also while making your town stand out a little more...

It's not related to any Guest Race though, it's just to make your city more aesthetically pleasing to your eye, and I'd love to see this happen.

There are a lot of "what ifs" that could go with this...

Say I bought the Vallorian Seasnake and placed it next to my moat. For a small fee (or perhaps with a combination of other cultural items) I could have a Vallorian Seasnake in my moat if it's big enough.

Some people want visiting neighbors to be more interesting. Here's a way that could be done. If there is a lake or pond in a neighboring city and you make your visit, there could be a fish jumping into the air. Catch the fish, get a reward. There could be someone drowning in the lake or pond. Save them and get a reward. You have one chance of this event per 24 period, same as the reward for your visit.

Anyway, yeah. Great idea.

DeletedUser

@ThunderingJeff There are quite a few players who would like to see Merfolk as a guest race. Think it out and make it a suggestion! :D You never know...