• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Water

Gath Of Baal

I would like the ability to place water tiles in my city, to make rivers, streams, lakes and ponds..

I think water tiles should be the same size as road tiles and placed in the same manner and even have a similar culture bonus just like roads do... You should be able to place multiple tiles together to make bigger water features without the space in between like when you put 4 roads in a square, to be able to make ponds or lakes.. you can even add extra eye candy to the water tiles by making a few come out with an elf or human fishing or a small boat along the side..

I know this idea is strictly cosmetic to a town, but not everyone builds a town in this game only to gain score, and with a culture bonus attached to each tile it might be a good option to gain some culture also while making your town stand out a little more...

Calenmir

I kind of like this idea, but since it would take up valuable space, I wonder if there would be a way for it to also provide the same benefits to buildings as roads do. So you could place a building next to it and it would be connected to the Main Hall. Now of course this would mean bumping it up to a road that connects to the MH, but maybe one of the road tiles could be a bridge of some sort that your water tiles connect to 'underneath' so that its contact with the road/bridge would give it the same benefits of a road so you could put buildings next to it - ok, the idea sounds right in my head but perhaps I'm not explaining it well? And if I'm not then never mind, but I still think it's a neat idea to have water tiles.

Gath Of Baal

The idea was not to use the water tiles to replace the function of the roads to link buildings to your main halls, but to offer another way to individualize a persons city... Even tho I like your idea, it would make no sense to have buildings linked by water unless you change buildings to include a little dock on them or something to show the mode of transport to be by water..
I just want the option to be able to add a river, stream, pond or lake in my town.. I understand space is precious, but not everyone optimizes their cities to get the most amount of score possible per square, some of us would rather make a nice fantasy city then cram every scoring building on every free square.. And by adding a culture value to each water tile it will not be totally cosmetic feature..
I just think there needs to be more ways to make a city unique, and imagine the differences that will start to show if people could do something as simple as add a river going thru their town or putting a nice culture building on an a little island or making a nice 5x5 pond as the center of your city.

Gath Of Baal

I like that idea, would like a streams in my world. The only water effect ive seen if the dragon fountain. we are getting a new chapter maybe it could also add culture or something like the mana they just added

The ponds of recreation are nice water feature also, but still doesn't fit in to what I ultimately wanted to do

Scepto

Great idea! Water should also have the same function as roads. They can give culture and additional small amount of coins every few hours or days(Payment by residences who use them) and we can build new buildings on top of the water. But we need to build a dock next to the pond/river to let boats pass. We should also be able to build boats using resources like planks and there should be a limit of number of boats we can have in each pond or river.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4493

I am so happy to hear that all great minds think alike, now where and when will we know if water tiles are being considered ~ I would love to add a splash to my city :D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Even something like a pair of culture items that are 2x8 or 2x10 that consist of a fountain and stream would be nice.

DeletedUser8946

Hmm... I think it would be awesome as both a Guest Race Guild, and COOL as excess like as a
I want a moat around my Main Hall.

Great idea. And if you placed more water tiles next to each other, it could accumulate a larger bonus. And besides, Merfolk would be COOL.

DeletedUser8946

Yeah, but you'd have to connect the streams to a Lake or something equivalent to a portal. The Water Tiles/River provide Culture alone, but they're like the Portal Tracks or whatever you use in the other Guest Races. They won't work as Roads alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah, but you'd have to connect the streams to a Lake or something equivalent to a portal. The Water Tiles/River provide Culture alone, but they're like the Portal Tracks or whatever you use in the other Guilds. They won't work as Roads alone.

What other Guilds? You mean guest races?

You're not seeing what I mean. Ashrem said "road-like" water, and at any rate, if you wrap them around a cultural building that doesn't require a road hook-up, it really doesn't matter. And why would you have to connect a stream to a lake? You're running it through your city, maybe connecting the ends somewhere along the line. Doesn't have to be connected to a lake. And there's no harm in having a little fun with an idea, anyway.

Sorry, I'm terribly sleepy right now, my tea is horrible, and I haven't any chocolate.

And I still want a moat around my Main Hall. :p

DeletedUser8946

@Azkaban Yeah, I meant as an idea for future Guest Races. And I think water tiles would be like any other connection in other Guest Races. They provide Culture, but would only work as roads from that portal to that Races' buildings.