• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

We can't be friends, Thiago... (Live Q&A Summary)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
No bingo cards for this Q&A because someone followed the FREE ROPE they were giving away and wound up getting roped with more homework scribbling in scrolls. But I will continue as the Live Q&A beat reporter to summarize key points...
  • Most excellent Dwarven beard game by Thiago and Giada
  • Currently not going to change broken shards inventory
  • No plans to expand the fighting game board (must be someone from Tonga requesting this?)
  • In the Grand Prize/Royal Prize paths, there is now a Tome of the Fearless, which allows you to create an expring military support building. The biggie here is that included in the options are the new Heavy Melee Shrine and Heavy Ranged Powerup, which buffs the missing classes of Heavy Melee and Heavy Range. Curiously though, if you're a caterer I guess, you can also pick...Moonstone (I have no idea what goods it gives in lower chapters). It's a very interesting game design choice, for sure. Clearly, there's absolutely no need to make all the Sword Dancers and Drone Riders more useful. Have some Moonstone instead.
  • Chapter 20 is coming soon.
  • They tweaked coin requirements from Beta in the event game.
  • No rotating buildings
  • FA badges are always being reviewed, but Thiago doesn't think there is need to adjust coin badge at this time. (Hence, the thread title.)
I don't believe you, Thiago!
If that's the current conclusion, then I have no hope for the existing feedback process (whether or not Tonga is involved). Were they not flooded enough with feedback about this? Is he suggesting we need to write in more support tickets? Or a better question might be, what is the threshold of outrage for them to deem something to be a problem? Hmmmm, I say...

Zoof

The problem is many will "adapt" by no longer doing FAs.
And then there may be a different set of people and fellowships ready to rise to the new top and taste the overly sweet taste of diet victory.
It's like normal victory, except without any of the substance that real full-sugar soda sort-of has.

defiantoneks

maybe they are trying to self-cancel the FA without actually pulling the plug. make it unplayable and worthless (even more than it is already) and then they blame US for not appreciating it and participating.

BrinDarby

You'll end up with a few groups.....

1) the group that just stops playing FAs outright.
2) the group whom ran outta coin rains, and can't complete Stage 3.
3) the group that finds creative workarounds, that become the norm.
4) the group with so much Land for FAs, that no tweak stops them.

My fear is @defiantoneks is correct. With so many of group 1/2
that after only a couple FAs, there is no demand for FAs sans a small
group, that FAs are phased out.

( godforbid Inno actually making FAs more playable and funn )

Socrates28

As far as Chapter 20 coming, if it is anything like Chapter 19, the end of next year would be too soon for me!
The problem, for me I admit, was the grind at the end trying to make Ultimate warriors to finish the last 2 research was a drain for me.
Those 2 alone took me over a month to do. A real bore just to finish!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I know my Fellowship will be a no go for the FA if they don't fix the ridiculous coin badges.

I am very relieved somebody finally said something about Chapter 20. I was getting pretty worried and had decided there was no way I would spend another dime on diamonds until there was some indication from Inno that it was coming.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
And then there may be a different set of people and fellowships ready to rise to the new top and taste the overly sweet taste of diet victory.
It's like normal victory, except without any of the substance that real full-sugar soda sort-of has.
As winner of Champion of Winter Lampions, I can say from personal experience that certain things don’t feel too good to win. The taste of victory is indeed slimy.

For those with grandkids or have seen Encanto, the soundtrack of this thread is now Nobody Talks About Thiago.