• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

We Need Better Rewards

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Everything except for the FAs I do recieve more than what I put into them. Just my experience. Earlier in the game though, I did not feel that way about the spire until I figured out what I was doing. Now for me with the spire I'm getting a lot more out of what I put in I feel.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Since there is no way to get a 2nd base for an evolving building other than in the original event, winning artifacts in the spire is often a waste. If you already have a fully evolved building of that type and have no way of getting a 2nd base, then winning more artifacts is a waste. I wish there was some kind of alternate rewards. Maybe allow players to select 1 of 2 options. For example, players who need the artifacts could opt for this and would get the current set-up. Players who don't need artifacts could opt for the alternate spire rewards. In this, artifacts would be replaced in chests with alternate prizes.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
My eyebrows raised and my mouth dropped open when I saw what our reward would be for placing around #30 in this FA. One egg timer?!?! We moved up over 50 places from last FA. Ouch. Also believe in much better rewards at each stage. I do love the idea of choice. More Sorceries please! I love the choices!
I've often thought that the ONE five-hour time instant for placing in the top 30 was ridiculous. They should have a minimum of five, considering what you have to go through to be in the top 30. The pit itself is hell on earth ... 10 five-hour time instants would be better. Or at the very least 10 two-hour time instants.

Starr621

Some changes I would like to see made and hope happen in the spire:

-Change artifacts into sorceries with the option to choose the base building or artifact. Forge of Empires has a very similar mechanism called 'selection kits' which allow you to choose between the building or an upgrade kit.
-Add pet food opportunities in the spire because these are still incredibly hard to find even when trying to save them up. A good idea would be to take out supply windfalls and portal profits in the boss encounters and replace these with pet food.
-Make standard prizes (first 3 encounters in each set of 4) better in the later maps. It will give more incentive to do the harder maps because I see no point in doing those maps if the diamond milestones aren't met.
-Biggest change I would love to see is change the 2x 8 hour time booster prize from gold chest into at least double the amount if not more. It still annoys me greatly when winning this because it's almost similar to 3x 5 hour time booster prize from the common blue chest.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I actually "liked" all the comments here. That's a first for any thread I've read. In any case, it seems the discussion seems to be on the FA and the Spire. And I agree. The paltry rewards for the FA are, in many cases, not why you do the FA, but on the other hand, if you are in a small or even medium sized fellowship it's can be hard to get through the three stages. In my opinion, the rewards for each stage should grow. The first stage is about right, but in the second perhaps each of the things rewarded in the first should double? And in the third, double again? There are an awful lot of fs's that can't/don't do all three stages and perhaps that would encourage them to do so....meaning stronger fellowships as doing things together tends to do this, and more participation.

As for the Spire, I agree that winning 7-9 artifacts you can never use (unless you accidentally or on purpose delete your old evolving building and have/want to rebuild it), is pretty silly. It's really saying, to the player, "you won nothing!" when they "win." Probably the best option is for the system to know what artifacts the player might need and to give them. So if I have a base in my inventory and less than 9 artifacts to match it, I would get an artifact for it. Having an option to choose something else is probably, from a coding and server load stand point, much easier to implement.

In any case, this thread is a good one and I'm glad it was started.

AJ

quin629

Everybody complains about winning artifacts in the Spire that they can't use. Thing is, the game is full of things that we used to win & complain that they had no value. And then one morning we woke up and they did have value. Spell frags come to mind. So do runes.

So me? I will cheerfully take all those worthless extra artifacts and stuff them into my bag of holding and wait. Eventually the game will catch up and they will be worth a tidy sum.

bkbajb

Everybody complains about winning artifacts in the Spire that they can't use. Thing is, the game is full of things that we used to win & complain that they had no value. And then one morning we woke up and they did have value. Spell frags come to mind. So do runes.

So me? I will cheerfully take all those worthless extra artifacts and stuff them into my bag of holding and wait. Eventually the game will catch up and they will be worth a tidy sum.

I agree with you and play the same way. But some people are never happy and have to complain.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

Yep, I won't complain that my best friend borrowed $90 from me because I'm sure he'll pay it back...some day.... I'm sure. He borrowed it over 20 years ago. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it to him as that would be a useless complaint. Right?

My point is, yes, you can wait for Inno to create a way for "useless" things to become useful, but would they be more likely to make them useful with a constant string of "complaints" or if nobody ever complained? I'll play the odds and keep reminding Inno rather than just sort of hope they realize their mistake and then, maybe, correct it in some way. One does wonder if the reason the rune shards for KP idea didn't come up until people complained about the excessive number of rune shards they had.

In the end I think I'd rather have something of immediate worth than something I can dream about being worth something...some day.... maybe.

AJ

StarLoad

But some people are never happy and have to complain
And yet you have people that are never happy and never complain, and some are happy but complain for others. A complaint is a form of communication that is intended to raise awareness of something. You should never dismiss someone just because they complain about something that does not bother or affect you.

Ed

quin629

Yep, I won't complain that my best friend borrowed $90 from me because I'm sure he'll pay it back...some day.... I'm sure. He borrowed it over 20 years ago. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it to him as that would be a useless complaint. Right?

My point is, yes, you can wait for Inno to create a way for "useless" things to become useful, but would they be more likely to make them useful with a constant string of "complaints" or if nobody ever complained? I'll play the odds and keep reminding Inno rather than just sort of hope they realize their mistake and then, maybe, correct it in some way. One does wonder if the reason the rune shards for KP idea didn't come up until people complained about the excessive number of rune shards they had.

First, if anybody from Inno is reading this thread - just skip ahead, please. Nothing here for you to see. Seriously. Go away.

Are they gone? OK. I play the spire for the whole thing - the rewards for the entire climb plus the FS rewards. If some encounters give me zero current rewards (i.e. an artifact that is useless to me now even if it might have future value) I'm OK with that. The total value of the week's spire is still more than enough for me. I would play even if the rewards were lower. In part because that's still a pretty good return, and in part because I love the Spire game for its own self. I was that kid in pre-internet days that loved board games like Mastermind & didn't have anybody to play them with me. So I negotiate the spire & think it's great fun.

Inno has a spotty record in responding to our request for "better" rewards. They tend to nerf stuff, too. Winter Lampions were not popular in the MA. So Inno rewarded us with a bunch of new buildings that give higher culture......... and we get way fewer diamonds. **sad face** Seems to me there was a time when people grumbled about endless Moonstone Library set pieces in the Spire. Now we wish we hadn't done that.

I don't think we should never complain - I didn't drink that Kool-Aid. I just want to be sure I'm only complaining about the really big things that do have such an outsized negative impact on everyone's gameplay that the complaint is worthwhile. And that the cure is not likely to be worse than the disease, lol.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Sometimes competition for competitions' sake is fun and a good way to bond with your fellowship. I and my fellowship don't play the FA for the rewards, we do it for the fun of it and to see if we can better our previous showing. I agree that the rewards can be viewed as useless by some. However, I am a hoarder of stuff in this game and it has served me well.
I am not going to even pretend to know the developers minds as to why they grant the rewards they do. I just like to play the game.
Once again, I find myself saying "be careful what you ask for"

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Speaking from my own point of view... I do think that the prizes should reflect the effort. The FA (this FA, notwithstanding because so many fellowships cracked the top because of the dropouts due to the coin badge debacle,) have not reflected the effort that smaller, less fortunate fellowships put in to complete. I like the sorceries idea. I would love to see that in the spire. I do the spire with varying levels of success. I'm not sure this would be satisfactory to everyone though because of the RF... random factor. I don't care about extra artifacts, I just wish they could be converted to BEAR artifacts as I was shortsighted during that event and did not see the worth of Brownie and Ice Pop. I wish I had them fully evolved and my black and whites could use a boost as well. Moonie is mostly evolved but in all cases, he needs his peers to be upgraded so they can party on an equal basis.

But I digress. I don't get that many of the spawning chests, so I don't win that much booty from that to compare the probability of getting anything other than what I do.

Buddy Sorceries would be great... full of things that she would approve of, troop instants, timers, etc.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Where can I vote "No"?

I already get more out of Spire, Tourney, and Events than I put in. I don't use everything I get but some players would love to have my 45 unloved dwarven armorers. I detest everything about the FA but mostly the city destruction. No prize is going to change my mind. (I've actually hated the FA my entire game, accidentally selling off a L15 wonder was just a bit of icing on that hatecake.:oops:)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am not going to even pretend to know the developers minds as to why they grant the rewards they do.
Sometimes I feel like they are trying really hard to tell us NOT to go to crazy town on FAs with the prizes, but some of us can’t help ourselves.
(I've actually hated the FA my entire game, accidentally selling off a L15 wonder was just a bit of icing on that hatecake.:oops:)
But you can find joy in anything, including writing Support tickets! Maybe you will be the first to run into the bad cop. Let us know how it went down. I’ll hide a key in that hatecake for you.