• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

We Need Better Rewards

Alram

Flippers just flip
lol @crackie , Support has always been awesome about fixing it when I accidentally sold things just rearranging my city. The Devs even moved that sale button too, so I can play city tetris all day without worry. I did not even ask support to fix it when it was my fault, my fault, all my fault. It was definitely Alram, in the sale screen with a fast thumb! :eek:
I know there are FAnatics that like it a lot (*shudders at the thought) and I try to steer clear of those FS. Enjoy!:p

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm glad support helped you @Alram . I did have their help in retrieving a magic building that was accidentally deleted, but other than that, I've been told that they can't help. That was a very long time ago... I deleted something, asked for help, and got told no, unless it is a diamond build, they wouldn't help. Sooooo.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@SoulsSilhouette When I first started playing, I accidentally lost 2 buildings somehow. They helped me and I had a sale confirmation screen after that. Im not sure why I didn't start with one but they fixed that. I manually turned off my notification on set pieces resetting when moved just so I wouldnt accidentally sell those too. :cool:

bkbajb

some just complaining makes them happyyet you have people that are never happy and never complain, and some are happy but complain for others. A complaint is a form of communication that is intended to raise awareness of something. You should never dismiss someone just because they complain about something that does not bother or affect you.

Ed
Who is dismissing anyone? There are so many players that complain because things are not fair to them. Yet they forget that this is a free game. Why don't they say this does not seem fair why don't we try this. Then you can discuss the pros and cons, but hey for some all they can do is complain. That is my communication

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Who is dismissing anyone? There are so many players that complain because things are not fair to them. Yet they forget that this is a free game. Why don't they say this does not seem fair why don't we try this. Then you can discuss the pros and cons, but hey for some all they can do is complain. That is my communication
The developers and many other forum members do dismiss people who are, in their minds, chronic complainers. It's corporate and human nature. The communication form of complaining should be addressed, however, like many corporations, they feel that they know best because 'they have plans for the future'. My thought is, in any business, you only have a future if you retain your core base of consumers. They are driving some away by the changes they make and then dismissively answer inquiries. I work in an industry where there is choice out there for the consumer (make no mistake, even in healthcare the consumer has a choice) but if you price yourself out of the mainstream market, then you have to attract those that can afford it, leaving you with a smaller consumer base and less chance to make a profit. The healthcare industry does make a profit, even those that are 'non-profit'. They just hide it in 'building funds' and 'administrative costs'. When the consumer is labeled in such a way, and not looked at as an individual valued contributor, it evokes complaints. If you ignore them, label them, and disregard them, they will go elsewhere whether it is a game, a retail store, a restaurant, or a healthcare facility.

When you have a differing viewpoint and dismiss what others say because you are 'okay' with something, it doesn't make that other viewpoint less valid.

Just my thoughts.

StarLoad

First of all, do not edit or change a Quote-reply it is not only bad form but it diminishes your responses;
quote.png

Above is the EXACT screenshot of what I said and below is what you replied with
quote1.png

My original comment was not saying you dismissed anyone just the fact that all types of players have their own opinions and reasons for speaking up.

Ed

Jianju

I actually "liked" all the comments here. That's a first for any thread I've read. In any case, it seems the discussion seems to be on the FA and the Spire. And I agree. The paltry rewards for the FA are, in many cases, not why you do the FA, but on the other hand, if you are in a small or even medium sized fellowship it's can be hard to get through the three stages. In my opinion, the rewards for each stage should grow. The first stage is about right, but in the second perhaps each of the things rewarded in the first should double? And in the third, double again? There are an awful lot of fs's that can't/don't do all three stages and perhaps that would encourage them to do so....meaning stronger fellowships as doing things together tends to do this, and more participation.

As for the Spire, I agree that winning 7-9 artifacts you can never use (unless you accidentally or on purpose delete your old evolving building and have/want to rebuild it), is pretty silly. It's really saying, to the player, "you won nothing!" when they "win." Probably the best option is for the system to know what artifacts the player might need and to give them. So if I have a base in my inventory and less than 9 artifacts to match it, I would get an artifact for it. Having an option to choose something else is probably, from a coding and server load stand point, much easier to implement.

In any case, this thread is a good one and I'm glad it was started.

AJ
solid reasoning and points you brought out, and thanks!

Jianju

Where can I vote "No"?

I already get more out of Spire, Tourney, and Events than I put in. I don't use everything I get but some players would love to have my 45 unloved dwarven armorers. I detest everything about the FA but mostly the city destruction. No prize is going to change my mind. (I've actually hated the FA my entire game, accidentally selling off a L15 wonder was just a bit of icing on that hatecake.:oops:)
ouch! a level 15... that hurts

Jianju

I guess I don't see it as complaining but constructive criticism. I'm a creative person myself, and I never expect anything I create to be perfect. There's always room for improvement. And with games, it's the people playing them that are going to know whether the game is fun or not.
I don't think anyone here is asking for them to go nuts on handouts, as I have played a few games where they give you too much reward and it becomes soooo easy that it isn't fun anymore. It is important to strike a balance and it's important to find game aspects that are fun long-term.

Ariel Greensleeves

This is NOT a complaint rant. You asked for FEEDBACK and this is my opinion.

I hate the paltry prizes in FA. The prize building for the top 10 FS is not even equal to some of the 2x2 culture buildings you can get in events. It should be exceptional!!! Nevertheless, the FA are addictive and wonderful team builders, and my FS gets to the top 10 when we put all our effort forth. Having said that, some of the recent adjustments to requirements (to make easy badges harder?) are ridiculously overcompensated. Please compare the amount of coins required for one badge to the total the main hall can store. I would say that more than 25% of capacity is too much to raise for 1 badge. It should not be so much that you have to dump coins once you have collected them bc you can't spend that many coins each day. Note that I am not upset by the increases required for some of the other badges; they are still doable and have payback that is not limited (like vision vapor).

Spire diamonds should be available at lower levels. The amount should increase from there. Maybe 100, 200, 300? I use a lot of diamonds to get to the top and I'd like to at least break even.

Tournament is perfect.

Event prizes are fantastic. I wish the normal chapter-specific buildings were a bit better. I haven't built them in ages bc they stink compared to event buildings.

thanks for listening :)

Last edited:

BrinDarby

There's always room for improvement.
That assumes the Devs want improvement. Seems all they
do is try and find creative ways to get $$$$ from us. They
could care less about playability, ease of use, or just Fun....

I get it, its a buisness.... but I'm a long time coder, and to me ...
coding the best game on the planet would be my goal.

defiantoneks

i voted for improvements on all things. because there's always room for improvement. for me, a prize should be something i value or will have value.

Spire:
- if the artifacts continue i would like to see or at least hear of a plan to make them of use for those who either dont want that evolving building or already have it. so perhaps some sort of exchange system or players swap meet. (and no i dont wanna hear oh just disenchant them because again, that's not a prize value).
- consider rotating in some restos instead of PPs, or other potential prizes. i do love the time boosts and spell fragments but hey, pet food maybe instead of 3 catalysts? or let it be a selectable thing. (just like the Tomes)

FA:
- for the FA there needs to be something worth that effort. yet another library for 1kp a day… nope. especially if the badges are going to stay at near impossible levels. run the FA once or twice a year, and offer the winners a free premium expansion for each member. or a pocketful of restorations or blueprints. and stage the competition so that comparable fellowships are competing against one another instead of top FS against ones ranked way down the chain. you know they cant win. they know they cant win. so why should they bother?

Tourney:
- really not completely displeased with this. ways to improve: some way to deal with the broken shards would be my top request. dealing so many of them out with no way around the 10 shard cap is just wasteful and mean. it's not a prize since we cant receive them.

Events:
- make the instants for sentients, seeds, shards, etc into storable packets like the troop instants are. again, they aren't prizes if they evaporate because storage for shards is full or the goods decay so you dont get to use them. give me those as "emergency rations" so to speak so i can break them out as needed. THAT would be a prize.
- stop giving artifacts as a league prize. honestly if you get high enough in the league to get one, you also already have enough to evolve the building. so it's going to storage. unless you wanna give is that player swap meet i mentioned above.

Zoof

I'm a little concerned that if we were to push too hard with asking for Spire rewards improvements, Inno might just turn around and "optimize" "rebalance" the rewards instead. It's happened before.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm a little concerned that if we were to push too hard with asking for Spire rewards improvements,

We are about 8 or 9 months away from all artifacts having their 6-week rotation through the Spire, so I would expect something to change around that time.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I do hope that any improvement to the FA rewards involves each waypoint.
While the top 100 FS rewards have clear room for improvement, there should be some motivation for doing more than just one path as well.
Personally, I'd like to see every single spot on the map give something and further rewards be handed out at certain point thresholds (making the pit more rewarding as well) more like the spire I guess.

Speaking of the spire I'd have to agree with everyone else who commented that a change toward a choice of prizes would be great, even if it involved an inno-style rebalance(aka nerf overall) since I'd rather have 1 thing I can use than 3 that I can't.

I haven't played an event yet this year so I can't really comment on those, but as long as either the GP is more efficient than regular stuff and/or a daily prize is, then it's fine by me.

The tournament rewards serve just 2 purposes*= KP and blueprints which considering how the usage of KP in wonders negatively impacts the formula and the plethora of KP sources in the game feels a little bland if not redundant. TBH an overhaul here could be interesting.
-*Edit forgot about relics, which mid to late game are...forgettable.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Spire diamonds should be available at lower levels. The amount should increase from there. Maybe 100, 200, 300? I use a lot of diamonds to get to the top and I'd like to at least break even.
How often are you using diamonds?? :eek:

Personally, I think the rewards in Spire are great, Tournament is fine, and events are fine. It's really only the FA where the input feels vastly out of sync with the rewards to me.