• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

We Need More Seeds

kclarke

Seeds are in short supply, especially in the upper chapters. There are many buildings that make mana and some of them make quite a bid. But few buildings make seeds and those that do make little for the space used. I have 19 festival merchants and a few other buildings and still run out every day! I can make enough to support two of each sentient good. But at this point it seems like everything requires seeds to upgrade. Meanwhile I can't take advantage of the trader because it's the only building (so far) that makes Unurium. I think we need some serious seed producers like the Lava Egg or Manta Ray.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am almost done with chapter 19 and I have gone to zero orcs, zero mana, zero seeds, and zero unurium more than once, despite how many buildings I have for each. Inno made the final couple of chapters this expensive on purpose.

OIM20

@kclarke, there have been suggestions in the past that have proposed building changes.

One suggested switching productions, which we couldn't do at the time but can now on certain buildings.

One suggested adding a mana-for-seeds trade specifically to the wholesaler. I don't know precisely how the merchants work because none of my cities are in chapter 18, but I think that the concept suggested in that thread would be compatible with the merchant for what I'm reading here (though I don't know if that trade ratio would be considered fair - my most advanced city is in chapter 8).

And one suggested modifying existing premium buildings to offer seeds before chapter 18. (This one is in the forwarded suggestions subforum, but no notes from @helya on a response from the devs if it made it past the CM voting stage.)

defiantoneks

i'm maybe 3/4 of the way through Traders, and i think there's always an adjustment period in each chapter, where you have to work hard to rebalance whatever is needed/produced.

Firstly, i dont even attempt to run multiple of each sentient factory. i do use MM enchantments. and in some periods, i dont even bother running my gum or velvet factories until i go below a certain amount in inventory. if it's not being used, why make more than decay takes away?

speaking of decay, i take advantage of every AW that stays the effect of decay (seeds, mana or goods) or boosts my sentient in any way.

I think if anything, a shortcoming in seed or mana production exists within the standard buildings. we are forced to rely on event buildings, and if we dont get them then we have more issues. so i suppose my suggestion would be to amplify the offerings in the standard buildings offered through the Culture building tab, so that people who miss out on event buildings can still have a decent source.

kclarke

My ch. 15 Manta Ray (4x3) makes 25,000 mana in 24 hours. My ch. 17 Festival Merchant (4x3) makes 3,180 seeds in 24 hours. This is terribly unbalanced. I don't think premium buildings are the answer. You shouldn't have to buy something to fix the imbalance. Adding seeds for mana trades to the wholesaler would help if it happens in ch. 11 when you start seeds. Adding it to merchants in ch. 18 is too late. But of course, the wholesaler starts out at a 2:1 ratio and just goes up, so you wouldn't want to do it more than once or twice a day. New event buildings would be nice, but you can spend hundreds of event goods and never get the daily reward. The ideal solution would be to increase the seed output from Festival Merchants to be more in line with mana production, but I don't think it will happen. So perhaps Inno would consider a high output seed producer you could craft in the MA.