• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

We shouldn't have to pay for Expansions we research

DeletedUser8192

It is pretty lame that after we bust our rear-ends to earn our 1 single darn expansion in research, that we have to then pay gold to place it, and EVEN WORSE, is that you force us to do more upgrades to do so.

Example..My castle is at it's last stage before I have to upgrade from a cool tree to an UGLY wannabe sorcerer type house that Harry Potters own porker cousin wouldn't live in..Has been for a very long time as I have refused to upgrade it..

.I earned a space that I really need but you want 14 million gold to place it and almost 800 population..At this level I can only hold 13.6 million which means that as a Elf, I am forced to upgrade into something ugly that doesn't even fit with my race...

Just let me have my darn expansion that I already earned for petes sakes, and by the way, learn a little bit about Elves when designing their buildings would you please..just can't stand it anymore.

*forehead smack, followed by a running head-butt to the wall*

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Looks like several game demands have hit you at once resulting in high levels of frustration. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the game right now and hope that gets better for you.
I view the tech tree expansions differently than province expansions. Province expansions cost me in resources to complete the provinces so it makes sense there is no cost to place. The tech tree doesn't really provide you with any buildings or expansions. There you unlock the technology needed to construct the building or building upgrade or expansion. It still costs me to build/upgrade those buildings, so I see it as being consistent that once the technology is activated for an expansion that it then costs me to place it.
Again, sorry for the frustrating situation you find yourself in right now.:(

DeletedUser8192

That's the thing though, the upgrade you're complaining about has nothing to do with the race you chose when you started, and everything to do with the guest race it correlates to.

That's just it, years ago when I started playing this, I didn't know I was going to have to adapt my buildings to suit other races to an ugly unreasonable point, and honestly I want to stay living like my Elven kind..SO I like you Rose you are always cool but....PFFFT..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8192

Looks like several game demands have hit you at once resulting in high levels of frustration. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the game right now and hope that gets better for you.
I view the tech tree expansions differently than province expansions. Province expansions cost me in resources to complete the provinces so it makes sense there is no cost to place. The tech tree doesn't really provide you with any buildings or expansions. There you unlock the technology needed to construct the building or building upgrade or expansion. It still costs me to build/upgrade those buildings, so I see it as being consistent that once the technology is activated for an expansion that it then costs me to place it.
Again, sorry for the frustrating situation you find yourself in right now.:(

Working my way through the skill tree still costs me in time and resources Sami, I don't know how you get through the skill tree for free, but for me I have to earn my way through it....

Look, if I bust my rear-end to earn a single solitary square of real estate in the skill section, it shouldn't then cost me more on top of that, just to place it, especially when it "forces" me to upgrade my castle past a point I want it...If that's the case, then just tell me that in the beginning so I can decide if I want to continue playing the darn game past my current level or expansion. Pretty easy really..

Just saying, give me the information upfront...Just like If I had know they were going to pull this whacked out B.S. with the Workshops in the current event I would never have torn my 4 huge shops down for real estate because I busted my Bleep trying to build them in the first place, then I went crazy trying to upgrade some now so that I could get my Hazeltown upgrades I have wanted to upgrade for over a year *event houses* and it cost me everything but gave me nothing because it wasn't enough..so I wasted precious Diamonds I had saved and all my boosts trying to get past this one STUPID step of the event...*But that's not part of this thread so please don't comment or it might get *Bleeped*

Again, just give me the darn information upfront instead INNO .Information man, information..I need information..........

Can't you see, I am rabid man, rabid without it...give me my darn information...*slinks away to grumble while rocking in a tree limb*

DeletedUser4699

Look, if I bust my rear-end to earn a single solitary square of real estate in the skill section, it shouldn't then cost me more on top of that, just to place it, especially when it "forces" me to upgrade my castle past a point I want it...If that's the case, then just tell me that in the beginning so I can decide if I want to continue playing the darn game past my current level or expansion. Pretty easy really..

Just saying, give me the information upfront...

The cost of the next research expansion is shown once you place the previous expansion. It's not hidden from you. It's right there. You've known where to find it to place these expansions previously, so this couldn't have been a surprise to you. You also know the maximum amount of coin your Main Hall (castle, if you will) holds, so no surprise there, either.
The information is there. Upfront. Ignoring it was not Inno's fault, nor anyone else here in the forum trying to help you. Pretty easy really.

SaffireStar

I agree with Seachant. "Guest race", really???? I started out as human, after a while my city was invaded and taken over by the invading races and at this point there is nothing human left, other than the odd human wandering around looking like a lost visitor

DeletedUser8192

The cost of the next research expansion is shown once you place the previous expansion. It's not hidden from you. It's right there. You've known where to find it to place these expansions previously, so this couldn't have been a surprise to you. You also know the maximum amount of coin your Main Hall (castle, if you will) holds, so no surprise there, either.
The information is there. Upfront. Ignoring it was not Inno's fault, nor anyone else here in the forum trying to help you. Pretty easy really.

Maybe I misspoke when I thought I said we shouldn't have to pay for something we already earned..Did I say it was a surprise, I was fresh out of the hospital again so if I did, all I meant to say was...

If we earn it by earning the materials to open up the skill, then we shouldn't then have to pay for it, and have the cost EXCEED what our kingdom can hold, thereby FORCING an upgrade of our castle, thereby FORCING us to then pay in population and other resources to upgrade the castle just to get the real estate we already EARNED..

hope that makes better sense, sorry for any typo's my battery is going dead on my keyboard and I don't feel well enough to go hunt one down..

DeletedUser8192

Then hurry on past the Sorcerers and get to the Halflings and their nicer looking buildings. :)

Oh, and every chapter from your point on will have the same requirement of needing to upgrade the Main Hall to current chapter before you can store enough coins for some things.

I am out of Halflings where I had originally planned to stay as I wanted to check out a few things in Elemental and get the one free land and up my scrolls...However when all is said and done and Elementals is finished, I will tear it all down and go back to halflings or below..

On that note *If I tear down my Elemental portal, does that revert me back to Halflings for events?*
I don't think it does but not too long ago I saw someone who said they rebuilt a previous portal and they suddenly got penalized in the events by a chapter reduction..I never asked tech support about that as I have been in and out of the hospital so much I forgot, so serious question here if anyone can answer..(doesn't make sense to me honestly)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yah I hate bothering with them but you are right Shimmer *sigh...I will post their response when I receive one for anyone else wondering :)

Actually, do not post it, as that is against the Terms of Service or whatever. If you post anything from Support, the mods can delete your post or even give you a temp ban.

DeletedUser8192

Actually, do not post it, as that is against the Terms of Service or whatever. If you post anything from Support, the mods can delete your post or even give you a temp ban.

I am going to have to get clarification from Tech Management regarding your statement Enevhar. I just went to the terms page and read it again, I would have assumed that section 12 (Your Obligations) if anywhere, would have supported your statement, but I could not find there or anywhere, a specific outline that states sharing a Support answer with other players is grounds for post deletion by mods or a temp. Ban..

To ban someone for sharing a tech support answer to help educate other players is pretty unheard of *at least with games I have done beta and mod work on..Of course they were old school, well respected company's from back in the day, and things have changed a lot moral compass wise in the gaming world these days IMHO. so I suppose anything could happen.

If we were to be banned for that, there would be a lot of blow-back on the internet with regards to INNO one would think. And as someone who truly embraces free speech and tries to keep it clean even if I am grumpy about something, I would really hope that I wouldn't be banned by a Moderator for simply trying to help others learn the rules governing tearing down a portal and event prize reward levels ETC. Pfft....

But thank you for the heads up Enevhar, it is certainly appreciated as I can now inquire with the proper folks..Hope that makes sense, it is pretty late and I am wiped out, so off to bed..

Night all

DeletedUser20951

I just went to the terms page and read it again
It's under the Forum Rules post.

"13. Discussions about bans and support tickets
It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum. Such topics will be deleted, punishment may follow."
To ban someone for sharing a tech support answer to help educate other players is pretty unheard of
I think it is a completely ridiculous rule, and no doubt only in place to protect Inno, not for the benefit of the player base.
And as someone who truly embraces free speech
AS DO I, and I was responsible for this next rule being added. XD

"16. Conclusion
Freedom-of-speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one."

DeletedUser8192

It's under the Forum Rules post.

"13. Discussions about bans and support tickets

It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum. Such topics will be deleted, punishment may follow."

I think it is a completely ridiculous rule, and no doubt only in place to protect Inno, not for the benefit of the player base.

AS DO I, and I was responsible for this next rule being added. XD

"16. Conclusion

Freedom-of-speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one."

Thanks for the info Antipathy, I must have read over 13, appreciate the clarification *still pretty ill so easy to do I am afraid*
Freedom of speech in a forum should exist at all times that was a clear voice of the players is heard..Used to be back in the day Devs wanted to hear everythings *Minus the rants lol* Lots of shade here man, lots of shade...Too bad....

DeletedUser20951

Thanks for the info Antipathy, I must have read over 13, appreciate the clarification *still pretty ill so easy to do I am afraid*
Freedom of speech in a forum should exist at all times that was a clear voice of the players is heard..Used to be back in the day Devs wanted to hear everythings *Minus the rants lol* Lots of shade here man, lots of shade...Too bad....
De nada! If it's any consolation, I was utterly puzzled over "Terms of Service" and was wondering what document of rules was being referred to, BECAUSE I AM THE SHARPEST CRAYON ALIVE. I both dislike and like to offer such information, mainly due to my aversion towards potentially being misconstrued as telling somebody what to do (unless I'm trying to offend) and my adoration of stating my loathing for said rule. Well, and I am willing to break rules, given the whim to, but I think it is important to know that I might be breaking 'em first before I pick up the sledgehammer for a wee bit of redecoration. : D

ALL HAIL FREEDOM OF SPEECH. The moderation is much more evenhanded here than it used to be, though, so there's a bright spot.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Freedom of Speech has no legitimate place in forum rules anyway. Such laws only apply to government actions. No private company has any obligation under freedom of speech laws.

The devs don't care what people say, they just don't want to get accused of permitting bullying, so retain the right to remove anything they don't like. That's always been the case on any game forum since they started. Including that line in the rules is just something they can easily point to to shut people up who complain about having their "rights" trampled. It's easier than educating forum participants on Freedom of Speech laws actually work.

DeletedUser8192

Freedom of Speech has no legitimate place in forum rules anyway. Such laws only apply to government actions. No private company has any obligation under freedom of speech laws.

The devs don't care what people say, they just don't want to get accused of permitting bullying, so retain the right to remove anything they don't like. That's always been the case on any game forum since they started. Including that line in the rules is just something they can easily point to to shut people up who complain about having their "rights" trampled. It's easier than educating forum participants on Freedom of Speech laws actually work.

I get how the technical "laws work" When I talk free speech, I am an old salty dog and back in the day, Devs wanted to hear complaints and praise, because that is what made the games better..But, things change, and not always for the better as it would seem here..