• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Web API for querying scores?

DeletedUser503

Hi All,

Perhaps more of a suggestion or feature request if it's not already there, but wondering if there's a public API at Inno where we can query things like scores and other details like number of manufactories and other buildings and what level they are? Would make managing recruiting simpler, right now, I just have to update a fellowship spreadsheet list and in some cases, guess at what manufactory boosts my membership has. Some kind of simple JSON API that I could query for scores and details about players would be useful from this perspective, in my mind. Obviously, wouldn't want to expose anything that you can't obtain just from looking at the player's city, but getting outside of the game where I can code my own solutions and mechanisms for discovering information about players in the game would be great.

DeletedUser594

I just have to update a fellowship spreadsheet list and in some cases, guess at what manufactory boosts my membership has..
If you go to a players city and from there hit the world map view you will have a birdseye view of their city. The goods deposit at 12:00, 5:00,8:00..or N, SE,SW if you prefer will be their boosted goods. If you keep your spread sheet ordered by rank you have a very rough idea of manufactories levels.
It would be nice not to have a feed though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valtitude

I agree, Thunderhardt! I've thought the exact same thing. It's a lot of work to recreate - and upkeep - a spreadsheet(s) with information that's already available in a database if you have access to it ... lol ... sorry, if I don't laugh, I'll cry! It's a LOT of 'busy' work! Surely there's a way to release some of this info, give A-mages access and do it securely. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5266

I would really like to see an API as well.

I program on the side and could easily write up a web site that could track my fellowship, progress, boosted goods, etc. An API that would let me get some data about my fellowship members in json format would be so awesome!

I would even be happy to help with testing for that API and even create a fellowship website that would allow fellowship Archmage / Mage help manage their fellowships.

DeletedUser188

The site that Katwijk posted is very useful and would be a welcome addition to Elvenar
It isn't a inno games site it was created by a player of FoE that loves the game
Then they had to get innos permission to post it on forum
It's literally what I do for a living as a software release pipeline manager :)
would even be happy to help with testing for that API and even create a fellowship website that would allow fellowship Archmage / Mage help manage their fellowships.
Inno games wont waste their time with something as useful as that
So if we want that in Elvenar we need some players or player with the technical skills to create a similar site we could use here it would be much appreciated

DeletedUser5266

The site that Katwijk posted is very useful and would be a welcome addition to Elvenar
It isn't a inno games site it was created by a player of FoE that loves the game
Then they had to get innos permission to post it on forum

Inno games wont waste their time with something as useful as that
So if we want that in Elvenar we need some players or player with the technical skills to create a similar site we could use here it would be much appreciated

That sounds great. I just checked and elvenar-db.com is available. Before I buy it, who can help me confirm I will be allowed to access the private API?

Or I could purchase a different URL.

DeletedUser4329

Only Innogames can offer you that confirmation. Maybe it's worth sending them an email directly?

With respect to the private API, if you take a look inside the disassembled Flash code you'll see the WebAPI calls being made throughout the program. I have about half of the calls documented if you're interested, it's all quite straightforward. The code is very well structured and therefore easy to reverse engineer as a result.

Such a database might be very useful in confirming or dis-confirming the claims from certain forum members that "Elvenar is dying". You could track numbers of new players, the percentage of new players that stick around, long-term inactivity (i.e. quitting) from established players, etc. The real shame is that you wouldn't be able to back-cast the data to significant changes already made to the game, i.e. orcs and the battle re-design.

I'm sure someone like Katwjik could do wonders with the raw information, even if some of us would disagree with his/her conclusions :p

DeletedUser5266

Only Innogames can offer you that confirmation. Maybe it's worth sending them an email directly?

With respect to the private API, if you take a look inside the disassembled Flash code you'll see the WebAPI calls being made throughout the program. I have about half of the calls documented if you're interested, it's all quite straightforward. The code is very well structured and therefore easy to reverse engineer as a result.

Such a database might be very useful in confirming or dis-confirming the claims from certain forum members that "Elvenar is dying". You could track numbers of new players, the percentage of new players that stick around, long-term inactivity (i.e. quitting) from established players, etc. The real shame is that you wouldn't be able to back-cast the data to significant changes already made to the game, i.e. orcs and the battle re-design.

I'm sure someone like Katwjik could do wonders with the raw information, even if some of us would disagree with his/her conclusions :p

That would be really great if you could share what you have found. Would you like my email address?

While not what I was looking to do with the database, you are right, there could be some interesting BI to get out of it. My main goal is to build a site that will help a fellowship archmage manage it's members.

I'll look into emailing them directly to see where it goes.

DeletedUser61

who can help me confirm I will be allowed to access the private API?
In FOE there were only two fan sites that had access, and they both had to agree to support ALL regions. It would be a huge undertaking.

I wrote perhaps a dozen different API widgets when I was a WOW guild master, but InnoGames has chosen a different route, and doesn't encourage API access. So - major wet blanket.

DeletedUser5266

In FOE there were only two fan sites that had access, and they both had to agree to support ALL regions. It would be a huge undertaking.

I wrote perhaps a dozen different API widgets when I was a WOW guild master, but InnoGames has chosen a different route, and doesn't encourage API access. So - major wet blanket.

What a bummer. ;-(