• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Weird Battles

Moho

Chef
When Drone Riders die off too quickly
I hardly use Drone Riders. But there is a Bumblebee Stables building in my city because I would like my Camp to include any type of units and then I thought I should also use them once in a while. I remember the smile on my face when I deployed an only Drone Rider lineup in the Spire and won the battle. These days I sometimes use them agaist Light Ranged units when the lineup requires that I should throw a combo into battle. Here is an example:

Wave 1:
IMG03.jpg

Wave 2:
IMG03.jpg

I think Drone Riders fared pretty well in this battle. I could have used other units indeed, and probably in the future I will choose to only focus on the most efficient units instead of tyring to fill my Camp with the full range of units. But I only want too point out that one can be successful when making use of Drone Riders as well, for fun and variation.

Here's another two-wave example:
Wave 1:
IMG03.jpg

Wave 2:
IMG03.jpg

you might consider getting some Grounds of the Orc Strategist and working with those.
I do use Grounds of the Orc Strategist but only for the situations when Heavy Ranged units are necessary. Like in this case:
Wave 1:
IMG03.jpg

Wave 2:
IMG03.jpg

But that doesn't happen very often though because my Azure Stables buildings enable me to obtain much more Faineant Frogs. I don't plan to persuade anyone to do anything. I only want to show how I can handle these fights successfully by using my resources in what I consider a judicious manner.

Isn't it pleasing when you see some free one-star units fare so well in a three-wave battle?
Wave 1:
IMG03.jpg

Wave 2:
IMG03.jpg

Wave 3:
IMG03.jpg

I think this battle would fit in the "Perfect Battles" thread.

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
Disclaimer - this is just my opinion, so as you like with your own city.
Of course, and we need players with strong opinions ready to share their experience. Everybody can enjoy doing their own thing and learning about other people's playstyle.

I agree with your opinion on Cerberuses, but I choose to experiment and gather experience. Here is an example where the Cerberuses don't fare that bad:
Wave 1:
IMG03.jpg

Wave 2:
IMG03.jpg

Axemen can be used with other troops if you don't mind high losses and in my opinion you should never pay to make them.
I've been told that Light Range units are preferable as your city goes ahead through chapters but I'm not a chapter chaser. So I use all these units as I get them in various combinations and try to obtain the best results I can. Here's an example with Axe Barbarians and Paladins.
Wave 1:
IMG03.jpg

Wave 2:
IMG03.jpg

I think it is impossible that there should be no losses at all. I am satisfied that most of my important troops stay alive and my Camp gets more and more crowded every week.

Last edited: