• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Welcome to SamiLand!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
So I’m assuming you don’t …camp …not glamp… just camp and fish and go on nature adventures …campfires…roasted marshmellows etc …
Nope. Never been. I enjoy walls and indoor plumbing, thanks. Someone in my FS does primitive camping, which apparently means you can’t use equipment or gear after 1860.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Nope. Never been. I enjoy walls and indoor plumbing, thanks. Someone in my FS does primitive camping, which apparently means you can’t use equipment or gear after 1860.
Now that’s camping …they should teach things like that in schools to the kids , with the way our world is going everyone needs to learn survival .
I love the internet and all it has offer….but there’s a downside
I’d trade a place in the woods by the water any day
I’ll come pick you up @crackie and take you camping :D We can go shooting (nothing with eyes tho) and have a blast !!!!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Now that’s camping …they should teach things like that in schools to the kids , with the way our world is going everyone needs to learn survival .
I love the internet and all it has offer….but there’s a downside
I’d trade a place in the woods by the water any day
I’ll come pick you up @crackie and take you camping :D We can go shooting (nothing with eyes tho) and have a blast !!!!
We have a running joke with my old FS that I have zero survival skills and I would be Team Zombie within the first hour in a zombie apocalypse. And no, I do not trust myself with power tools, let alone firearms. Let's just save everyone a trip to the hospital.

Katwick

Cartographer
Screenshot_20180327-083547.png

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I should have started this thread in a different section, lol! Weekends are busy for me (daughter works; I'm child care for grandson) and I couldn't even acknowledge posts with a 'like' in my limited 'pop-ins'. Thanks to all who have contributed here!

I'm slowly beginning to feel normal again. Guess it takes my mind/body a bit to release the anxiety I'd had for weeks. I have kept copious notes/timeline on what's happened and still need to engage with my ISP on getting monetary credits applied to my account. My goal there is to have those credits equal the cost of the Starlink kit, lol! That's only 3 months of service (including the landline and the associated regulatory charges associated with that), so not a totally unrealistic goal.

@Silver Lady
During all this, if I'd thought seceding would have helped, I'd probably have tried it, lol!

I'm slowing down a bit on the Starlink installation. It requires a larger area to scan than what I was thinking of with the old DishNetwork/DirecTV satellites. We can probably overcome the challenge, but we're going to look further into what that looks like before committing ourselves.