• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Am I Missing? AW Version

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@SoggyShorts I see your point but here is what I see with a very quick calc

Magic Workshop level 12, 3 hrs 5 x per day + 9 hr 1 x per day = 148,000 / 21 squares = 7047 per day per square

ToS level 3, 216,000 per scout / 2.5 days = 87,126 per day per scout / 16 squares = 5445 per day per square

Still not a winner for me :p

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Deborah M
You forgot that your workshop needs 3400 pop to exist. That is ~70% of what your magic res gives you on 16 squares. That's another 11.2 squares. So now the math looks like:

Magic Workshop level 12, 3 hrs 5 x per day + 9 hr 1 x per day = 148,000 / 21 32.2 squares = 7047 4596 per day per square

ToS level 3, 216,000 per scout / 2.5 days = 87,126 per day per scout / 16 squares = 5445 per day per square

Winner winner chicken dinner.:p

Also we didn't count how much space you need for the culture that your WS and Res need.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5747

Just a little point here, the GA gives less pop/sq than a residence until around chapter 5, so imo the ToS is a better first wonder, as that extra KP is a lot for newbies that aren't crushing out tournaments or buying KP every day. Also with super fast scout times, you can boost your supplies pretty well when you need to. (just gotta be careful not to abuse it and scout too far)
Well you are still little by comparison in Chapter 5 when you finally get more room for the ugly sob. lol but point taken. lol TY you know I favor the DERP ways. lol

DeletedUser21026

* No doubt I'm playing the game all wrong, but... I'm currently in the Halflings chapter and progressing slowly. I long since scouted all the provinces I'm planning to scout for this chapter. So my ToS hasn't been super useful this quarter.

* Details on the Maze are here: https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/details/b_gr5_aw1/
For a 30 square building, that just produces mana, I would want about 720 mana per hour collectable twice a day. Call it 17,280 mana per day.
I'm at just over 300 production squares and collect twice a day, so I'd get about 1800 mana per day from the maze's mana production, leaving
15,480 to collect from reduced mana decay. I'd need about 1.29 million mana to get that kind of return for the level 1 maze.
At level 6, I'd get twice the benefit, so 3600 mana per day production, so I'd only have to earn about 13,680 from reduced decay, and I'd break even with about 570,000 mana.
So, yeah, doesn't seem much better than other approaches to getting mana.

SoggyShorts

The maze is in desperate need of rebalancing.
Pretty much every event offers way better mana buildings.

Get mana huts from the event, and ditch that maze.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The maze's greatest potential is in the decay saving, if you depend solely on DA then maze is useless. If you produce mana than maze is surprisingly handy.

The benefit of the decay is tough to gauge especially when you are constantly spending the mana you earn. The maze takes a bit of time to really shine but even at level 1 it can pay for itself in terms of allowing you to have significantly more mana than a town without it. Based on my calculations for my own town the maze even at lvl 1 outstrips a mana hut per square, put it up to lvl 6 and the comparison borders on comical.

SoggyShorts

@Mykan please elaborate.
Are you comparing the mana that you save on Decay when you are at Max Mana with the production of a mana Hut?
If so is that really fair? I mean who cares how much Mana you are saving when you are at Max Mana?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
No I wasn't comparing max mana, that takes a much longer time to reach and is somewhat unrealistic. I just ran a comparison of the maze for multiple days comparing my mana that I could earn each day and what it would be like at various levels of the maze, including no maze. Trying to obtain a sense of what the value of decay saving might be.

Of course it is complex because of varying sources of mana including instantaneous sources, large mana from some event items that makes decay kind of pointless (for those who have such items) and a person is often spending mana. In the end I think it makes the wonder more subjective then objective depending on how one perceives the benefits to their town, or how they have established their town in terms of handling the mana situation..