• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What badges do you have the most of after completing the FA?

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Most have the Elvarian Guard… I’m curious what the top 6 are

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
My EN city
1. Wonder society
2. Guard
3. Statue
4. Brew
5. Arcane
6. Marble

My US city
1. Wonder society
2. Guard
3. Tiara
4. Brew
5. Arcane
6. Druid (everything is pretty bare from here down since we’ve been in the Pit for days)

StarLoad

Well since the FA is not over I don't know and once its over they go away and then I don't know. but the real answer will depend on your city and what you make and spend and what your FS does and spends? So everyone will have multiple answers

Ed

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Wonder Society, Elvarian Guard, and definitely Elemental Marbles. We always have tons of those. A fair amount of Tiaras left over as well.

In the old days, we always had more coin badges than we knew what to do with. Those days are gone.

Flashfyre

Wonder Society badges are the new Monopoly money...now that there is rune trading and an (over)abundance of AWKP instants, farming 10+ a day is easy.
Here's what I have now:
Screenshot 2022-06-14 12.15.42.png

This FA I haven't changed my playing style; I didn't ramp up production of troops or goods, my shantytown is only 30 extra buildings (6 T1s and 24 WSs) I collected from my city roughly every 9 hours or so (after Sat morning I was away without Internet until Sunday evening), and I only used a few time boosters to speed up some productions. My FS has been in the Pit since Monday afternoon, although we didn't fully complete Maps 2 & 3, only hitting the nodes and a few other waypoints.
I'm sure I'll have leftovers, but, really, since these have no intrinsic value outside of the FA, what does it matter what, or how many, you have when the event ends?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I didn't read the assignment properly and my list is current badges. Def won't end that way when dust settles. I will go to corner and put on dunce cap.
Don't feel bad, Crackie. I need that dunce cap more than you do. One of my members said, "I'm a 13 year old boy trapped in a middle-aged body" and for some reason, my mind didn't register anything besides, "13 years old" and I told him how I thought it was great that he was such a responsible mage at only 13. Gosh, I still feel like the biggest idiot on the planet 24 hours later. It's bad when an editor can't read, lol.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I told him how I thought it was great that he was such a responsible mage at only 13.
HAHAHA that's great! Did you throw a few "sweeties" at him too?
I am the only one that completed the macrame owl assignment at least. I mean, how are we going to expect more free things if we don't make use of what helya gives us?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Any badge you get from automatically playing is always going to be easier to accumulate as you aren't focusing on it. Everything else you must intentionally do something to get it. So it only comes down to how you/your fs spent those badges.

Just be warned any suggestion about this if it gets to the devs is more likely to see a dramatic increase in certain badges or their requirements, then any other hoped for ideas even if they implement an idea.

Flashfyre

Any badge you get from automatically playing is always going to be easier to accumulate as you aren't focusing on it. Everything else you must intentionally do something to get it. So it only comes down to how you/your fs spent those badges.
Technically, every badge you earn is automatic, in that there isn't anything you have to do differently than daily, regular maintenance play in your city in order to receive a badge.
Every day, you:
Collect coins
Produce/collect goods
Produce/collect supplies
Produce/collect troops
Give AW help to neighbors/FS members
Craft MA Spells
Cast Spells
Craft MA buildings/instants/relics/artifacts/etc
Complete Tourney provinces (and Collect relics)
Complete Spire encounters

So, the only thing that you must intentionally do is make decisions as to which variety of things you'll make (e.g. 3-hour or 9-hour Supplies, whether to craft relics or instants in the MA, etc.). But we all make those decisions each and every day when the FA isn't running, so it all depends on how competitive you want to be.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
coins badges are not based on what house you built
troop badges are not based on a specific building or a specific troop
spell badges are not based on a specific spell

These are standard inherit mechanics in the game and someone not doing those is an exception (maybe troop is more common not to do). So no they aren't comparable.

Flashfyre

coins badges are not based on what house you built
troop badges are not based on a specific building or a specific troop
spell badges are not based on a specific spell

These are standard inherit mechanics in the game and someone not doing those is an exception (maybe troop is more common not to do). So no they aren't comparable.
Never said there were specifics. Just that we all do the things every day to satisfy the requirement for those badges, nothing is a special task or decision.

Any player sufficiently along in the game is producing/collecting all those to one extent or another. Even if they aren't doing it much, or often, they're still going to pick up the productions of event buildings and AWs, which all count towards badges.
Nothing...I repeat, nothing, in the game requires you to perform a different, specific task to earn a badge. You don't have to open a chest, spend currency, build or destroy buildings, do anything that isn't already built into the basic daily requirements of city management.

Killy-

Never said there were specifics. Just that we all do the things every day to satisfy the requirement for those badges, nothing is a special task or decision.

Any player sufficiently along in the game is producing/collecting all those to one extent or another. Even if they aren't doing it much, or often, they're still going to pick up the productions of event buildings and AWs, which all count towards badges.
Nothing...I repeat, nothing, in the game requires you to perform a different, specific task to earn a badge. You don't have to open a chest, spend currency, build or destroy buildings, do anything that isn't already built into the basic daily requirements of city management.
I am confused, where are you getting your blacksmiths, statues and necklaces from?

Lady Dastardly

Other than Guards (I time my monthly feeding of Brownie to coincide with the FA) and Wonders, I don't really have much leftover these days. I feel like the changes made to the badge requirements (making druid's staff, wonders, coins, and ghosts more costly) combined with the new maps which significantly increased the number of "easy" badges required for the Stage 3 waypoints, have done an admirable job of creating a more even spread. My experience is based on FS's that spend 4 days in the pit, so it may be different for those who are less competitive.

Flashfyre

I am confused, where are you getting your blacksmiths, statues and necklaces from?
From my productions, the same productions I do all the time when the FA isn't running. Every day, I do at least 1 run of 9-hour supplies (usually overnight), and 2-3 3-hour productions during the day. Every day, I do at least 1 run of 9-hour goods (again, usually overnight), and 2-3 3-hour productions during the day. In badge terms, those work towards Carpenters, Farmers, and Bracelets.
Sometimes, though, when I am pressed for time, or I know i won't be online for a day or two while traveling, I'll set up a 1- or 2-day run for my supplies and goods. Those would then be working towards Smiths, Necklaces and Statues.

So you see, while some of these productions don't happen all that often, they DO happen without my having to do an event-specific task. Which brings us back to my original point, that none of the badges require you to do any event-specific tasks in order to collect them; simply do what you normally do and you'll get badges...lots of them. The more competitive you want to be, the more WSs and T1s you'll decide to set up to make more things for badges. But those all do nothing more than produce the same basic supplies/goods that your leveled buildings do, you just get to make more in a given time.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Flashfyre
While I agree generally with your position and really don't care how many unused badges I have at the end of an FS, I have one small quibble:
Not everyone plays the same way, so I think it's your use of 'normal' to describe the tasks required to obtain certain badges. I've been playing this game for 5+ years and I've never made any of the 24hr or 48hr productions unless it was specifically for a quest. I've also found that earlier chapters who are daily players cannot 'afford' to use their fully leveled bldgs on those long productions. They're geared to need those resources for their 'normal game play' (ex: catering tourney, producing troops, diplomacy in Spire). So, if they want to be able to participate in the FA (and not sit around watching the animations while waiting for someone with the long term badges to log on), they put in a few lvl 1 factories to make a few of those badges. I also realize those are not the badges everyone complains about being leftover after the FA, lol! I've never heard anyone complain they didn't get to use all their statues, lol!