• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What determines which goods are required for tournament catering?

What determines this? I cater the last 3rd (or less) per round of tourney. I expected that since we were in Scrolls tournament that catering would ask for scrolls, but no, it wants crystal. I kinda of remember the Crystal tournament wanting steel, but I catered way less so my memory could be off. Is there some formula I"m missing?

And if it's not set, wouldn't it be an opportunity for Inno to correct the goods imbalance?

DeletedUser29237

Very strange I was just looking at elvengems.com nowhere in the scrolls tournament goods needed did they list crystal. The goods listed are steel/scrolls/magic dust. I don’t have nearly the number of provinces you probably have a fight in tourney until the last day when I need to cater the last couple of provinces.

Iyapo1

There was an update back in October of 2020. It took me a while to find it.

"Requested Goods in Catering are no longer tied to Tournament types (e.g. previously mostly Planks, Silk and Gems in Planks Tournaments). Instead, a random selection of resources available to players in specific Chapters is made for each Encounter. These resources can now also include Coins, Supplies, Mana and Orcs.
  • The table below indicates in which Chapters certain resources can appear in Tournament Encounters:

TournamentGoodsPerChapter.png
    "

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Random, ugh. Just what we need. At least before you could plan for it and stock up. :(

Gladiola

Scarcity is relative. The only goods that seem to be guaranteed in abundance are scrolls and to a lesser degree magic dust.

In my neighborhood steel is plentiful, marble is adequate and planks are relatively more scarce. Silk is perhaps a little less plentiful than crystal.

(I'm marble/crystal/elixir boosted, so I do OK.)

Gladiola, thanks for that intel. I was wondering how universal the scarcities were. My 2nd city's neighborhood in Felyndral has the same scarcities as my city in Sinya Arda. But it makes sense that it would depend on which players in your area are active.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
On Arendyll, in my discovered region, steel and crystal are the scarcest for their tiers, and the scarce tier 3 fluctuates back and forth between elixir and dust. And let me stress again the regional part of that, since normal goods are not server-wide. Plus the older the server, the more likely scrolls will be overloaded everywhere, and not just regionally. And over on Beta, scrolls are not a problem at all in my region, while crystal is the scarcest of all nine normal goods.