• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What do we do if the Arch Mage is AWOL?

MagicPagan

Starting the FA - no sign of the arch mage. Have called out for him/her several times through chat and messages. The rest of the FS can decide which path to take, but what do we do when it comes to opening the chest at the end?

MagicPagan

Well, no one has seen or heard from the Ambassadors. Support will re-evaluate us in 2 weeks. No response on who will open the chest.

Crow Last Elf

Support has a set time to wait before replacing the AM, my fs went through it and it's 6 weeks of inactivity or something.

Did you specifically ask for someone to be made a mage (edit: or ambassador) for the FA? If not, I would try again., asking only for that. Hopefully Support can do something so that your entire fs isn't frustrated.

Last edited:

Crow Last Elf

Also, I would try the AM and all mages and ambassadors by email in the other worlds they play, if any of your members have cities in the same worlds.

LisaMV

Just a small point ~ you can all be making badges and NOT place them yet, until you decide what is happening and what you want to do. People tend to rush in, but there is no need.
Good luck with this, goodness - I am sorry this is happening.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Looking at the available information on elvenstats.com and only one of your fellowships has the archmage and all the ambassadors showing as inactive, on US6? The limited info shown says the archmage has not had a change in their score for a little under 4 weeks. So if the required time to pass is 6 weeks, it makes sense that Support told you they have to wait 2 more weeks before they can make someone else the AM.

But yeah, try contacting them again and just ask if you can be made an Ambassador. If they won't make someone the AM right now, they will likely not make someone a Mage either, since Mages have the ability to kick everyone but the AM out.

MagicPagan

Looking at the available information on elvenstats.com and only one of your fellowships has the archmage and all the ambassadors showing as inactive, on US6? The limited info shown says the archmage has not had a change in their score for a little under 4 weeks. So if the required time to pass is 6 weeks, it makes sense that Support told you they have to wait 2 more weeks before they can make someone else the AM.

But yeah, try contacting them again and just ask if you can be made an Ambassador. If they won't make someone the AM right now, they will likely not make someone a Mage either, since Mages have the ability to kick everyone but the AM out.
Yes, US6.

Several of us are trying to find them. The AM was available for the FA during the last one, although she didn't really play. The same question had come up then - who opens the chest if we can't find her?

We've already started play. Several had been chatting excitedly and making plans, divvying up who was going to do what and who had started what production. It's a bummer to see what a buzzkill this has been for them.

For me, it's an irritation. I have to work for a living and did carve out some time today to attend to all 4 of my cities when the FA started. Everyone who plays in one of these knows it's a disruption to the way you normally handle your city - for example, I am not upgrading buildings in the middle of the FA and the tournament.

Given this is not the first time we've had an AWOL AM, I probably will find another fellowship at the end of this FA. Support can do what it wants with the FS. I'm too old and life is too short.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Several had been chatting excitedly and making plans, divvying up who was going to do what and who had started what production. It's a bummer to see what a buzzkill this has been for them.
You could all look for a new fellowship together after the FA since it shows you have like-minded playing styles. That way you'll know you'll be adding that many active players to the new fellowship. There's no reason for them to stick around a FS with no one steering the ship either.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You could all look for a new fellowship together after the FA since it shows you have like-minded playing styles. That way you'll know you'll be adding that many active players to the new fellowship. There's no reason for them to stick around a FS with no one steering the ship either.

Or just wait the couple of weeks until Support makes someone else the AM. Then they don't have to hunt for a new place. The new AM can remove the inactive people and change the name of the fellowship, if desired.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Though that's "a couple of weeks" of potentially missed royal restorations/blueprints if they were to join a more functional FS... :confused:

MagicPagan

Though that's "a couple of weeks" of potentially missed royal restorations/blueprints if they were to join a more functional FS... :confused:
Exactly.

I kind of unloaded on Support. They are either going to say "holy **it" and do something, or note this on my permanent record...

I have spent not an inconsiderable sum of money buying diamonds in the past few weeks, for someone on a combination of SSA retirement and part-time contracting gig. As far as Support should be concerned, I am a paying customer, and I'd like a response that resolves the issue.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
First off.
So far as I know (more on that below), to replace an Archmage they must be 30 days inactive. Two weeks means that they have logged in since you last can prove they did.
Secondly, yes, an ambassador can be designated.
Thirdly, you might want to write Support and apologize. They are volunteers and are only following the rules.

I joined the Forum within weeks of starting my first city, in the Spring of 2016. I read, I pay attention. My first fellowship was with 2 members is Support, so I would say they taught me well. I have gone through the process of replacing inactive AMs, both directly and indirectly.

Good luck with your FA, I am sure the issues can be fixed.

Last edited:

MagicPagan

First off.
So far as I know (more on that below), to replace an Archmage they must be 30 days inactive. Two weeks means that they have logged in since you last can prove they did.
Looking above, we see she logged in "toward the end of March." I truly can't calculate 30 days since "toward the end" of any month.

Secondly, yes, an ambassador can be designated.
Yes, they gave two criteria which must be met. See above.

Thirdly, you might want to write Support and apologize. They are volunteers and are only following the rules.
No, I won't be doing that.

Support was contacted last time about this same AM. I felt like that was the only reason she showed up.

There is no shame in saying, "Hey my life has changed/gotten more hectic/I don't want to do this any more," or anything like that and then passing the torch. There is a lot of shame in holding a group hostage, and taking the fun out of a contest in a game some people were really looking forward to because you, who are the boss, can't be bothered to show up. One time could be any reason. Twice in a row? That's the beginning of what we in the legal field call "pattern and practice."

I can just move on. There are members of the FS who have bonded, and they want to stay together. They also want the reward they are busting buns for in this FA. They deserve it.