• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What Do You Consider the Best Use of Population and Culture?

Deleted User - 3932582

Somewhat balanced by how much more annoying it is to set productions on mobile.
Can you elaborate? I don't have any particular issues setting production on mobile, in most cases I probably even prefer it. My issue with production on mobile is the opposite - collections. Those are easy to misclick, but the worst part is lack of info pre-collection - if you're running an L1 farm for event with mixed production, you better know exactly where you produce what - and make sure you manage to click exactly there...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Can you elaborate? I don't have any particular issues setting production on mobile, in most cases I probably even prefer it. My issue with production on mobile is the opposite - collections. Those are easy to misclick, but the worst part is lack of info pre-collection - if you're running an L1 farm for event with mixed production, you better know exactly where you produce what - and make sure you manage to click exactly there...
Mobile requires 3 clicks. The building, the "production" icon, then the actual production choice. Any of which can miss, and result in something you don't want so you have to start over. Browser production requires a single click and pressing a number. To get 35 simple tools requires 35 clicks and 35 key presses, which I can do in about 35 seconds. Try it on mobile.

Deleted User - 3932582

Mobile requires 3 clicks. The building, the "production" icon, then the actual production choice. Any of which can miss, and result in something you don't want so you have to start over. Browser production requires a single click and pressing a number. To get 35 simple tools requires 35 clicks and 35 key presses, which I can do in about 35 seconds. Try it on mobile.
Nice, I didn't know about key shortcuts for production. Seeing a number 35 it seems that this is particularly important for a fairly specific usecase ;) But yeah, I remember doing 10 brewer badges back to back with just clicking. It wasn't pretty ;)

Deleted User - 3932582

Wait.....you went through orcs setting every farm by clicking?
:oops::eek:<---this is a barf emoji
Most things have hotkeys all guest race buildings, barracks/TG/MC, factories, workshops... I think ferris wheels and travelling merchants too.
I did. I don't think this was that big of a deal. I had about 70 farms at the peak, and the shortest production cycles there are 12 hours, but by the time I got to 70 most were 1d+ productions. As I said, not that big of a deal - if you're running your regular 3 hour collections cycles there's way more clicking there.

Setting up 50 workshops every 5 minutes repeatedly is entirely different story. Those 10 badges needed more clicking in an hour than that Orc farm in a week...

DeletedUser20929

Much quicker and less painful to cycle if you play on mobile. :)

I was so excited when the FA had the skip button instead of the cancel, confirm, re-open the dialog box. I thought that was going to be the new norm for cycle quests. optimal? no. more than three times better? yes.

DeletedUser20951

I am so accustomed to using the number keys for setting production, that I often forget that you can click on which production you want. Not exactly sure what those clickable tiles represent to my brain, if I register them at all. It's possible that information has been cut out as unimportant altogether. *squints*

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
On the original point

I believe the number of various buildings needed depends on how far you are in the game.
At one point I had 6-8 T1s and probably 10 ws. I never had many armories
Now I am ( technically ) in Amuni and I get along fine with 3-4-3 factories, 5 WS, and 2 Armories. And I do mostly fight not cater.