• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What do you craft and why?

DeletedUser26692

I now have a level 5 Magic Academy and am going through my relics (making CC) very quickly and have found myself crafting relics that I am short on... However not long ago I thought that would have been a waste to do so, which got me wondering if there are any other misconceptions about all of the different crafting options!

I understand that everyone has a different strategy and needs, but what I would like to know is what you craft and why?

Thanks to anyone taking time to reply :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26692

Pet food every time I see it.......My critters get hungry
Relics..... if I need them for an event quest.
Timers... Love them
Basically anything I want to, or need, or like?
Is there anything from your play style or perspective that you would consider to be a waste of crafting material?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I craft pet food whenever it's for spell fragments only. Those are absolutely the best. I like to save my relics.
2. scroll relics, to be able to craft more combined catalysts. Since the scroll tourney is one of the hardest, those are always in short supply.
3. portal profits. I love to power through techs without having tons of buildings. I can't believe I got through Orcs with only ONE rally point. So easy with portal profits, and you can save your room for things you really love.
4. time instants when they are for spell frags only. Since I get so many spell frags from the spire or from disenchanting unwanted buildings, I always have enough of these. So yeah, time instants are good if you don't have to use CCs.
5. supply and coin instants when they are a good value. I don't buy the 100 percents, because they take so many CCs, but the 33 percent, the 15 percent, or less, yeah, I'll take them whenever I have an abundance of ccs and they are cheap.
6. 2x2 high value culture buildings. For me in woodelves, a high value culture building is one that gives 400 per square or more. The two by two buildings are easy to find a place for and the extra boost of 1600 culture points or more sometimes help a lot. They are also easy to upgrade since they take only four royal restorations.

That's about it!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Oh ... wait ... I should have added Festival Merchants to that list. I LOVE those. 12 squares and you get more mana per hour than you can get with a huge willow at 25 squares. Those are fantastic, but only if you are close to woodelves. If you have to spend too many royal restorations to upgrade them to produce mana, then those wouldn't be good. But right now in woodelves, yeah, they're perfect.

AtaguS

Pet food every time.
Time instants mostly.
If I need relics, maybe. Lately I've been crafting broken rune shards since they changed the way rune shards are handed out.

I don't find any of it a waste of time - especially if you play the spire a lot...crafting becomes like a free activity. I'll even craft a 5kp Instant if there's nothing else in the queue. My Magic Academy is never idle.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I am end of Ch15 in one city and early Amuni in the other. Both cities are in 10chest/wk FS's, so I have a steady supply of relics and spells. My choices now reflect the benefits I've received from playing the Spire for over a year. At one point, I had 3 full Spire Library sets out to build up my CC's (150+ in both cities now) and that also made my inventory of spell fragments insane (500K+ in both cities). In the Ch15 city I produce alternating MM & CC 24/7 and in the Amuni city I produce all CC's 24/7 along with playing the Spire to maintain those levels of inventory. What that means is that I have the ability to craft anything I want any time I see something I like.
Pet Food every recipe, every time I see it
Temporary Military Boost bldgs, every time I see one
Military unit-producing bldgs every time I see one
Time Boosters (though not the 5, 2, or 1hr ones unless there's absolutely nothing else; I win so many of these in the Spire)
Sometimes a supply instant if there's nothing else. I use those to replenish supplies when I'm pushing through troops with a fed Brown Bear, but I get many supply instants from the Spire, too.
^^All of those are to improve the military side of my city. I feed my Fire Phoenix several times/week to boost performance in tourneys and in the Spire. I also feed my Brown Bear once/week to increase troop production. I use the unit-producing bldgs to fill up the guest race space between chapters, or I nuke them when I need the room for lvl 1 bldgs for events/FA's. So, I like having a few in stock as replacements. The Spire has also given me a good inventory of teleport spells (90+, both cities), meaning I can move other buildings in and out of inventory as the mood strikes me as well and replace them with unit producing bldgs.
Festival Merchants (for the seeds; not every time I see one, though)
1x1 pop/culture bldgs (I did these at lower chapters, one RR/upgrade and it completes an event quest to 'upgrade a bldg') Unicorns work for this, too, but need 2 RR's.

mikeledo

Pet food and military aids. I will use time spells on those so they are completed before any reset. I also craft time instants and tool instants. When I enter a new chapter I will craft VValor, festival merchants, and orc nests rather than upgrade. I have crafted all the chess pieces, but I don't set it out. I take them apart when the festival/event quest calls for shards and craft them when I need large amounts of vision Vaper. By taking the chess pieces out of play I should get military buildings more often.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Pet food, military aids, and time instants. Everything else I have in super abundance and thus don't need. I do wonder about the festival merchants though. I've never found them useful, but apparently I may be missing something. I'll have to look into it again. NVM, I was thinking of the traveling merchants, which I find not so useful. I have about 9 festival merchants, which I love.

AJ

Last edited:

qaccy

Pet food's priority 1, followed by supply and time instants, followed by rainbow cages and military boosts. I don't really craft anything else except for RRs when I have the blueprints to do so. Completing the Spire weekly and having a level 5 academy means that even though I'm constantly crafting, I'm still gaining fragments and CCs. Over 400k frags and almost up to 500 CCs now. I need another way to use the things!

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Pet Food, AW kp, relics, instants.... I like rainbow cages and the rainbow unicorn... as well as the military builds when they show up and I see them. VV's, UUU, MMM, ERU's... the entire thing... I always find things that I need and want.

Ivy1996

I think it depends on your play style. I am in final chapter and 10 chest FS and complete the spire every week. Therefore I have not a lack of combination catalyst if I spend them wisely.
1. Military buildings (enlightened range, magical mage and the 125% health buildings) to get through the spire
2. Pet food (I have quite a supply; if you don't have much, I'd put those first). I use them for my polar bear and fire phoenix
3. Timers (preferably only when they don't cost a combining catalyst)
4. Good cultural buildings (only when they don't cost a catalyst and I can use them, because usually I get enough from events)

I don't need relics anymore, but I have produced lots of them. The problems is that creating a combining catalyst also cost a lot of relics. I don't produce the guest race goods thingy anymore because I have a lot more than I'll need. I don't produce tool and coin boosters because I get enough from events and generally produce more than I need. I try to make sure that 1 and 2 are done before the next round starts.

DeletedUser26692

Thanks for all of the information.... There are a few things I will look into. While still on the topic of the magic academy, is the moonstone library set worth the space if you play the spire every week?

I understand that everyone has their own playstyle... Just trying to get an opinion from different sources. My fellowship is about 50/50 on the library, so why do you have it and why or why not?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

qaccy

I think the value of the Library depends not only on how far you play through the Spire, but also the level of your Magic Academy. A lower level Academy produces spells more slowly and provides fewer spell fragments when disenchanting, so the free stuff provided by the Library will be even more useful. While it's still free stuff regardless, I don't think someone who's in the position to fully complete the Spire every week will get good use out of it. I'd have a lot fewer CCs if I never built that set, but I'd still have more than 0...so I haven't needed what the set's been providing to me and just tore it down recently to make room for an AW.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
is the moonstone library set worth the space if you play the spire every week?
I've completed the spire weekly for months now. I've had a lvl 5 MA for years. I have pages of bldgs in Summonings I will never place that could be used for spell fragments if I needed them. I take months off from progressing through chapters at the beginning of each new chapter, so I usually don't have issues with needing space. Someone who places a priority on moving through chapters quickly will have different needs.
Putting out 3 Library sets was definitely overkill on the CC's and spell fragments, but I keep one Library and a gazillion of the little bldgs out now. The Library itself gives me one CC and a few spell fragments/day. If I needed space, that building would be the first to go, lol! But, I'd keep the little buildings. The little ones give goods/mana/seeds/sentient goods depending on which chapter you are in when you win them (except Endless Scrolls-they always give scrolls). They also only need 2 unique bldgs to get the full link bonus boosts. Using the Endless Scrolls for that link bonus means I have a huge surplus of scrolls but I find they help with sentient goods enough to string a line of them down one side of my city. I was never in a low enough chapter to get them when they gave supplies or regular goods, so I don't know if they would be worth it for those.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
It really depends on where you are in the game.
I am Chapter 16
Like others I grab Pet Food and Military buffs every time
I do the 14hr and 20hr time instants

Other than that I have more than enough of every relic
I have no use for the buildings that produce goods or the coin and supply instants.
Well actually I sometimes have use for coin and supply instants but I get enough of those elsewhere that I always have plenty in inventory.

Now for people in lower chapters,
Besides Pet Food and Military buffs
you should stock up on portal profits.
You'll be glad you have them when you reach guest races.