• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What do you do when there are no trades?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15591
  • Start date

DeletedUser15591

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone else is having the problem of not being able to trade for the resources you need. I post small and large trades, across tier trades, a healthy mix of goods, always three star trades, and the majority of my trades are always just sitting there. I'm scouting far further than I should, just trying to reach other players. I know, eventually, I'll have to leave my current fellowship to try and find one that has more of the resources I need, and I know this game is an exercise in artificial scarcity, but I seem to have hit a wall I can't overcome, and on my own haven't been able to figure out a solution...

shimmerfly

You may be in a scarce neighborhood and/or in a FS that isn't working for you.
Some players won't pick up anything but same tier trades so try that? For ex: steel for planks or marble. Also, if you want to be moved make sure the box is unchecked in the settings for movement. It's no gaurantee it will be better but possible.
Good luck! Keep posting your trades every day.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Here's an expensive way to find out of you are in a dead zone or your fs is "trade dead." Put up 1,000 steel for 250 planks. If the 4 for 1 doesn't move almost instantly everyone is probably brain dead. In addition, most 3 star trades are barely 3 star. The system says it's a 3 star if it's 1001 for 1000 of the same tier, which is really silly. And a bad way to run trading, in general. I make my 3 star at least 5% and usually 10% advantage to the purchaser and they move very quickly. So make sure your 3 star really are attractive 3 star trades and see what happens.

AJ

DeletedUser15591

Thanks everyone. To clarify, I didn't mean cross tier trades only, or in their controversial sense. I just mean if I need marble, I'll put up trades offering lumber, trades offering scrolls, and trades offering dust, i.e. I try to offer anything and everything I can to make the trade happen. (I'll also offer lumber for crystal and elixir, when I have in quantity.) I don't think any of my 3 star trades are nominal, it's usually 1200 for 1000, or 6000 for 5000, so maybe not huge advantages but at least actual. I'll try offering higher advantages, but right now I feel like the problem is a little more the level of activity in my general area, not that no one is being offered enough of a deal...

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Sadly, there are those rare times when I want something hard to come by right now and result to buying from the wholesaler.

Blue-Iris

Lopsided trades are often a fellowship's way of helping their smaller members grow. I joined an FS in another world where someone reached out to me and directed me to offer trades like that. She picked up almost all of them, or others in the FS did. It really helped me a lot.

@Deborah M I use the wholesaler in times of emergency, too. Often the lopsided trades are a better deal than the wholesaler. But if I have the coins, I'll do it.

Back to @AlvEeel. If your FS isn't picking up your trades, it may be time to move on. An active FS will pick up your trades because it helps you grow, which also helps the FS grow.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Alv, I do think it's time to find another fellowship. First, take down the names of a few fellowships that have an intro you like, or that seem like a good fit for you. (The Intro usually says what their requirements are, whether they are laid back or require minimums, etc. Just click on your ranking score, click the fellowships tab and start browsing.) After you've taken down a few names of fellowships that might be possibilities, go to elvenstats and see, firstly, if they really need your boosts. If they have a glut of what you have, then there is no point in joining. If they have members who have a lot of what you need, that's a good sign. Second, check how active they are by seeing how many members have black triangles next to their names. If more than one or two have a black triangle, I'd stay away from that group. It means they aren't very active and will likely not be scooping up your trades. If there are only a few or no black triangles and they need your boosts, put in a request. They'll probably be glad to have you. Good luck.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@AlvEeel
Check out the activity level of your FS (as well as any FS you are considering joining) on ElvenStats - Fellowships by entering the FS name in the search box.
Look for the black triangle with an exclamation point next to members names. That indicates the person may have stopped playing and hovering over it will give you the last date that player had a score change (it's really hard to play even casually and not have your score move at all over the course of a week). If your issue is in your Chapter 9 city, that FS has 12 of 20 members with the black triangle, several whose score hasn't changed in months. I stopped hovering for date of last score change when I reached the one with the last score change in Nov 2018...

BrinDarby

If you are offering 6k : 5k and still no takers.......
1) your FS is brain dead
2) your locals are brain dead

if you were in my FS, I'd take those offers all day, every day & 2ce on Sunday.....

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I think AlvEeel has left the building. I hope you come back and let us know how it worked out.