• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What happens if you want to change your fellowship in the middle of an FA?

Farinx

Are you able to join a different fellowship? If you already have badges I assume you would lose them which is ok. I just want to know if I'll be locked out and unable to join or participate in FA if I leave to join another Fellowship.

Farinx

Yeah definitely should not bring badges in! But we had an empty 25th slot wanted to bring someone in. Not sure why they shouldn't be able to participate but I guess Inno has their reasons.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yeah definitely should not bring badges in! But we had an empty 25th slot wanted to bring someone in. Not sure why they shouldn't be able to participate but I guess Inno has their reasons.
Still the same scam. Set multiple alts with a buttload of blacksmith/statues ready to collect, cycle them in, and then complete badges.

Alistaire

Yeah, what I described wouldn't be bringing badges in. But there's a point where an FS just completely runs out of tourney/spire to do, or effectively runs out if tourney costs are too much. A player cycling in would still be joining then doing tourney badges then leaving for the next alt to join.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Well @Farinx, they locked the fellowships' participants list at the start of FA at OUR request, to prevent abuse, as Al and Soggy have outlined above. It IS a shame that some fellowships will cheat if given the opportunity, for a few thousand ranking points that they do not acquire personally, but goes to their fellowship.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yeah, one has to wonder how much more fun we'd have if every person who found an exploit didn't use it. I mean how much of life itself it about preventing people from cheating one way or the other? In business the term "shrinkage" means that which is lost due to circumstances, including theft. The basic formula is that you are going to lose 15% of your stuff per year. Most of it to theft, fraud, or other forms of stealing. If that 15% were a big fat 0 we'd all get a nice 15% raise, and think what that would do to the economy!

Or course I have to ask to what degree a person who wins anything can be proud of themselves for winning by cheating? Even if nobody knows, they know, and isn't the point of winning to build your confidence and self esteem? To feel good about yourself? If you cheat to get there, well how good can you feel about yourself then?

And that's my take on the matter.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Or course I have to ask to what degree a person who wins anything can be proud of themselves for winning by cheating? Even if nobody knows, they know, and isn't the point of winning to build your confidence and self esteem? To feel good about yourself? If you cheat to get there, well how good can you feel about yourself then?
I visited a place while traveling back in 2001 and had an incident that led me to similar questions.

The incident was in a mid-range store when buying something for the then GF. While not speaking I was able to pass for a local and the clerk told me a price which was quite decent, but then when he realized I was a tourist said it was a mistake and the price went up almost double. Then after a bit of chatting (not haggling) he realized I wasn't American, said sorry, and dropped the price to just a bit over the original number.

I ended up buying the item, but what struck me was that there were no security cameras, no cash register (the clerk just used his wallet) and he wasn't the owner. So if I had paid double, or even the amount that I did pay, how much went to the owner?
There is just such an obvious incentive to rip people off.

I later got to hang out with several different groups of locals and brought it up every time as I was fascinated by it. The common sentiment was that the more you can rip people off the more respect you should get. Without exception, they boasted and praised each other for overcharging as much as possible and for putting as little as possible "in the till".

Interestingly, that place is in significantly worse financial shape than its neighbors despite having several geographical advantages.

Last edited:

Farinx

Ok I see all your points, would definitely be hard to police the cheating and even to have to identify what constitutes as cheating. I could probably try to find a specific use case for me being okay (we only had 24 people to start FA, if we add 1 and keep it there it probably isn't cheating), but I get these nuances are hard and easier not to worry about by putting in the hard rule.

Interesting anecdote Soggy, money is a weird motivator and provides a strange "feel good" feedback loop. I used to be a day trader and it was amazing how good I'd feel buying something lower and selling to someone at a higher price. As if that is anything to care about or feel valuable for. Gaming the system is kinda what makes the world go round for a large segment of the economy.