• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What happens to event buildings if you wait to "Collect" them?

DeletedUser14688

I finally finished the last Grand Prize in the Phoenix Cult event. As the building (prize) value is set when you redeem it into your inventory, I'm curious -- how long can one wait to collect the building?? I'm thinking I could wait a couple weeks until I finish my current chapter (V), and redeem it when into the next (or future) chapter. Is this possible?

When would a grand prize building disappear from the event window? Once the event is completely over, has the opportunity to redeem an uncollected prize passed? I've not seen any clear discussion on this topic. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated -- especially before the end of the Phoenix Cult event (Apr 2018). Thanks in advance!

DeletedUser

The Event ends in 45 hours and 15 minutes as I type this. If you do not collect a prize prior to the end of the Event, you're out of luck. You must collect it before the end of the Event or it's gone, and Support will not help you get it back.

Once you collect it and it's in your Summonings tab, it'll stay there until you place it in your city.

Please keep in mind that if you won an item in Chapter 4, but don't place it until Chapter 5, it will still have the stats for Chapter 4, because Event items don't evolve as your city does.

DeletedUser14688

Thanks very much Azkaban -- that clears up the main question, once the event is over, so goes any opportunity to redeem anything not "Collected". It doesn't pertain to me as I will NOT be able to complete my current chapter before the event is over. That being said, I was wondering if the situation arises where one does NOT "Collect" the prize into their inventory, and then advances to the next chapter, and THEN "collects" the prize -- I differentiate between "Collect" vs. "Redeem" / "Place" the building in the scenario described. Collecting moves prize from the Collect window to Inventory.

Collect.jpg

The way the documentation reads, it seems as though the value is fixed once the prize is placed in inventory. Just curious. This scenario hasn't arisen for me and I fully appreciate your feedback as I need to collect the prize in my case immediately. Thanks again for your kind reply.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I was wondering if the situation arises where one does NOT "Collect" the prize into their inventory, and then advances to the next chapter, and THEN "collects" the prize --
Once the event ends in 40-some hours, there will be no way to collect it. You have to collect it before the timer runs out or it is gone. Once it is collected, it is in your inventory and it will not change. If you can't move to the next chapter in 40 some hours, you can not collect it in the next chapter. If you are able to finish a chapter before collecting it, then it will come into your inventory as the new chapter.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The chapter value is fixed at the time you collect the prize. The game recognizes you as being 'in' the next chapter once you have activated the Advanced Scouts tech for that chapter. Someone who began this event near a chapter change could have 'won' grand prize #1 early, but if they waited until after completing Advanced Scouts to collect it, the building would have the values of the new chapter. At that point they'd be able to see the feathers collected for grand prize #2. Any use of essence between filling the bar for grand prize #1 and collecting the prize would go toward feathers for the 2nd prize, you just wouldn't be able to see it. I actually did this in the Winter event to get the Winter set with Orc chapter values. By the time the daily frozen orc vortexes came up, I was in Orcs and they produced the orcs resource. Had I won them in Fairies, they'd still be producing T3 non-boosted goods.

DeletedUser

Thanks again for your kind reply.

No problem friend, always glad to help when I can. If you would be so kind, hold on to that graphic, so that when another player swears up and down that it's impossible to win all three grand prizes, you can whip that out and show that it can be done. :p

And thank you, @Ashrem and @samidodamage...I had thought that the value was fixed when you won the item. Glad that's cleared up. :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If you would be so kind, hold on to that graphic, so that when another player swears up and down that it's impossible to win all three grand prizes, you can whip that out and show that it can be done. :p
And they won a dozen other buildings that weren't on double days(possibly more not placed yet) Very lucky;)