• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

What happens when you run out of space in you city?

sambria

Chef
I am curious to know what happens to your city when you run out of space. Like, when you can't place anymore expansions, what do you do? I have not experienced this yet, but just want to know what to do when the times comes. Any help would be great. Thanks.

sambria

Chef
you get really serious about planting only those things that give the max benefit per square of space. You also find ways to make do with less roads.

So what your saying is that you just have to find the best way to manage your city, using less roads and when you run out of space you just make due with what you have?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
When you are in your city, click on the movement arrows and it shows you all the expansions around your city. 43 of those can only be bought with diamonds, so you will run out of free space a lot sooner than you may think. One of the core aspects of this game is budgeting your space and using it efficiently, especially from chapter 6+, when you have to build guest race settlements.

Myne

Oh Wise One
So what your saying is that you just have to find the best way to manage your city, using less roads and when you run out of space you just make due with what you have?

unless you want to buy more provinces with diamonds, yes.

sambria

Chef
When you are in your city, click on the movement arrows and it shows you all the expansions around your city. 43 of those can only be bought with diamonds, so you will run out of free space a lot sooner than you may think. One of the core aspects of this game is budgeting your space and using it efficiently, especially from chapter 6+, when you have to build guest race settlements.

Ok, so you have to plan strategically. I'm only on chapter 3 in my main city, so @Myne , you have to use more diamonds to buy the expansions in that case? Does there becomes a point when you can no longer use coins to buy expansions?

Oh, ok, thanks. So that website helps you plan ahead kinda. Nice, thanks. @Enevhar Aldarion , what happens in chapter 6+? Settlements. Oh, i see. ok. But there will become a time when you can no longer buy expansions and get them when you gain a province expansion form scouting and fighting ect. right?

Myne

Oh Wise One
Ok, so you have to plan strategically. I'm only on chapter 3 in my main city, so @Myne , you have to use more diamonds to buy the expansions in that case? Does there becomes a point when you can no longer use coins to buy expansions?

Strategy is a huge component in this game, as is patience and good planning. Yes there is a finite amount of space available. That is part of the challenge.

Sprite1313

Three types of expansion (from left to right on the interface): Premium, research and province. You can buy premium expansions with diamonds from the start; a total of 43 available. The coins you are referring to are the costs to place research expansions. So, you aren't really "buying" the expansion with coins, you are paying to place what you already gained through research. The third type of expansion is the province expansion. Those you earn by completing world map provinces.

Efficient use of space is key to success in this game. Trying to find the balance between space, production, population, culture, fighting, negotiating...

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@sambria the map at open shows 13 x 13 = 169 expansions worth of 25 tiles each, not all of which can be unlocked presently. But the image of the map clearly allows for a future widening which will allow 14 x 14 = 196 expansions, and only a few are unlocked each chapter, so many chapters to go.

The key to space as always is to be efficient, by minimising roads, and assessing buildings (production, culture, population etc) on a per tile basis.

sambria

Chef
@sambria the map at open shows 13 x 13 = 169 expansions worth of 25 tiles each, not all of which can be unlocked presently. But the image of the map clearly allows for a future widening which will allow 14 x 14 = 196 expansions, and only a few are unlocked each chapter, so many chapters to go.

The key to space as always is to be efficient, by minimising roads, and assessing buildings (production, culture, population etc) on a per tile basis.

thank u @iamthouth !!!

Sir Bently

Sambria it does take time to get expansions unless you want to spend real money to buy diamonds, I have been playing for a few years and I never have used real money to buy diamonds and I won't cause it gets expensive. As some of the members here have stated and I agree with them you have strategically place every build to maximize your space and use less roads I've looked at a lot of cities and some of them have to many roads and I think to myself What in the world were they thinking anyway this is a game of strategy Maximize your space as much as you can and use less roads

DeletedUser26243

So these 43 diamond expansions if u don’t buy u will never get them right u just miss out ?